Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
1/10/2026 11:37:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kingfish][Edited]
Had two problems with my 44 mag DE. One was fixed by using a bravo company three piece AR 15 extractor spring kit
The second problem, and this still lingers, is a too tight chamber sometimes
At the range I noticed the 44 mag cartridge would not simply drop into the chamber (with slide locked open, I physically dropped a bullet into the chamber) It’d go halfway in and I’d have to physically push it in with my finger and I could feel resistance like there’s grit in the chamber.  I take it home, remove barrel, and repeat, dropping a live cartridge into the chamber but now it falls freely all the way in. WTF?  I took a brass bore brush, put it in a drill and ran it through the chamber to get a nice polished look. Dropping a live cartridge into is easy, and when I turn the barrel upside down, the cartridge falls out freely.
So I go to the range, no problems at all. Life is good with my DE. I take the gun home, give it a normal cleaning and go to the range a second time. After about a mag or two, same issue. The bore is too gritty to allow a bullet to drop in
Ammo used was mainly PPU 240 gr and Winchester white box 240 gr

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In