Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2018 3:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Donith]
I just ordered a new product that I’m hoping will solve the problem of rounds being stripped out of Kahr mags when pocket carrying a spare.

Ammo Armor

No affiliation. I’ll update with a review when they arrive.

I ordered some for the CW9 and CW380.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Lakeline followers work as advertised
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty cool op, I might get one after you post up a review. The mag I carry in my pocket doesn't have an issue with rounds falling out but it does get dirty. Other mags I have do strip rounds though.

Those Lakeline followers look good too just pricy. I might get one of their +1 extensions eventually
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 7:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Donith] [#3]
So I’ve been pocket carrying with the Ammo Armor mag sleeve for about a week now. Here’s a review.

I ordered four sleeves. Three for the CW9 and one for a CW380. I haven’t tried the one for the CW380 since I have misplaced my spare magazine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The sleeve is well made. I used to be a mold maker, so out of habit I inspect anything I pick up made of plastic to critique its quality.
The parting line is almost indetectable. No flash or other molding flaws present.

Initially, the fit was tighter than I liked, which would be fine if you were just tossing mags into a range bag. So I sanded down some internal spacers until I got the fit I liked. I can grip the sleeve with my teeth and pull the mag out without any problem one handed.

The plastic has some flex to it with a slight rubbery feel. There are external ribs to get a good grip on it.

I drilled a hole in the bottom of one and attached a piece of paracord. This one goes in my sling pack, and the cord is attached to the bag so that the sleeve stays behind when retrieving the mag. I tried this method for pocket carry, but didn’t like the cord. I snagged the cord a couple of times with it tied to a belt loop.
Attachment Attached File

The third sleeve is in my wife’s purse for her CW9. She used to keep her spare mag in a Gerber multi tool case in a pocket of her purse. I initially thought it was a good fit. When she pulled her mag out to install the sleeve, there were three loose rounds in the tool case. Over the last week, she hasn’t lost any rounds, the sleeve hasn’t  moved at all, and the mag is purse trash free. (I’ve never understood how she lets that bag get so gross.)

As for my pocket carry, I’ve had the same results. The sleeve doesn’t add much to the width or length of the mag. (The baseplate is wider than the sleeve.) No loose rounds, and my magazine is pocket lint free. They market the sleeve as a way to keep your mags clean, but with Kahr’s problem with stripped rounds, it pulls double duty.

Attachment Attached File

Price was reasonable. $10 each. Buy two, get free shipping. Buy three, get a fourth free (but you pay $5 shipping with this deal.) so, I got four for $35.
Overall I’m happy with the product.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice review.

This sounds like a solution for the Kahr mags shedding rounds problem, but without having to mount a leather mag pouch on your belt.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered one.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link, OP.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top