Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 11:08:53 PM EDT
I'm nearly embarrassed to ask.....but I've sent the plug flying twice.

Info:
Older Para 7-45 LDA, Govt size

I purchased an aftermarket barrel for it from Clark (400 Corbon-don't ask, sounded good at the time).

Any how, this is a drop in barrel and it does drop in.  It is an extended, threaded barrel w/ a compensator preinstalled and a barrel bushing.  I Tried to unscrew the comp, but no luck (only by hand).  The comp has a cut out where the barrel bushing sits.

So, I tried to install the barrel and stock recoil spring parts.....but no luck.  I can't get the OEM plug past the comp.  If I compress the spring (aka retract the slide 100%, the spring goes sideways and I loose the spring plug.)

Do I have to change this to a different style recoil guide?  Full length recoil guide style.

If the thing was "together", you simply don't push the plug and twist the bushing.  Ya would have to slide the slide back a bit and push down then turn.....

I saw a YouTube vid on a barrel mounted comp and the guide rod I saw was full length.  Not sure if it was a two piece or what...

Like I said, stupid question and I bet the answer is REALLY simple..... I've never messed w/ anything other then a stock 1911 spring system

Thanks.

PS-side question....is the LDA slide different then other Govt slides?  Is there something done to it to work on a LDA frame?  Or was it the frame that was different?  I ask since I might play w/ different slides on my LDAs if it's drop in.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I answered my own question....

Found a YouTube vid by Clark, non the less!

460 Rowland barrel w/ comp install

It was similar to what I saw on other videos.  Basically, you assemble it "Glock" style...as in putting the spring IN to the slide and then putting THAT onto the lower.  I usually don't do that w/ my 1911s, but well, if that's what has to be done when I put it onto my Para, so be it......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top