User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2021 9:35:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
@Melvin_Johnson is that a two piece guide rod?  Wondering about the hole in it.

Really like the Shadow Systems stuff.  If I weren't such a Zev fanboy I'd definitely go this direction... though who says you can't have both?... well, my wife does.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it other than that gold barrel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I am happy with mine.  I had previously seen the 19 size and their 918 and dismissed them.  I usually am not one to pay extra for looks.  That is what I previously dismissed it as, but it is not the case that this is all that separates them.

I was looking for a new host, and would have had to have it milled for a red dot, pick up a threaded barrel, add suppressor height sights.  I have several guns with basic AOS milling which I would of used.  Decided to save myself the turn around time with agency and give this a shot.  Figured with blue label prices this is still only about 150 bucks more (and I wouldn't have a spare non threaded barrel that I would have taken off or three factory glock mags).

Features I didn't know I would love:
Gas pedals - I had frame work done to 1 glock 17, and 5 glock 19's before to remove finger grooves by polymer refined when their books were still open.  Never bothered with gas pedals as I never thought it mattered.  I was wrong.  They are a nice feature.
Backstraps - I love the small backstrap.  I always did pretty good with glocks and never had a hump reduction done.  Didn't need it.  But when I started shooting with RMR's I had more of a problem finding the dot on a glock then on my 22/45.  This small change, for me, puts the dot right where it needs to be.
Magwell - Not so much on the DR920 but on the MR920.  Thought magwells were kind of silly.  Glock already uses a double stack, single feed magazine.  I still kind of do think they are pointless for feeding a mag, but on the mr920 the extra lip really forces my hand up high on the grip and locks it in.

Other thoughts are that the optic mount is nice and low.  It is solid.  On guns smaller then the 17 I replace the trigger for a non serrated one so that saved me a couple bucks over a 19.  It is just well thought out, the beavertail and angled slide back to reduce printing is a good example.  The looks are growing on me.  There are some proprietary parts related to the extractor spring (in the optic models) and the optic system itself.  Being the paranoid type I ordered some spares, which are priced reasonably.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Let us know how it works.  We just took a "19" version off someone when we arrested him.  We went to test fire it and it kept refusing to load a round from slide lock.  Weird.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top