Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2018 8:23:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:00:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: olscruffy] [#1]
there is extensions made by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX that I have been using for my Shield 9 that add 2 rounds to the 7 round mag, making total rounds on board 10.    I haven`t had any mishaps or malfunctions with them at all.  might be an option.
no, I don`t work for them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Pro] [#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By olscruffy:
there is extensions made by XXXXXXXXXXX that I have been using for my Shield 9 that add 2 rounds to the 7 round mag, making total rounds on board 10.    I haven`t had any mishaps or malfunctions with them at all.  might be an option.
no, I don`t work for them.
View Quote
apologies to Samson. I did not see that it was an industry release, assumed it to be an Arfcom review. will attempt to edit my original post
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Will you be making this setup for the 45 as well?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:55:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mizzarley] [#9]
I did that with a mag cover from an 8 rounder a few years ago. I took off some material from the inside and epoxied it to the magwell.

I posted it in our s&w forum here and got a lot of guys telling me how stupid I was. Feels good to be vindicated by a large manufacturer. Looks good Samson. If I ever get another Shield I’ll be buying one of your magwells.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: salsantini] [#10]
I have this on my Shield.  It gives you that little extra for the grip that I think should have originally been done to the pistol.  I would like to see a textured version.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I added the Samson carry magwell to my Shield 9 right after it came out, after a few range trips I can say it works great, fits perfectly, and hasn’t given me any issues.

I did notice that two of my factory mags with factory floor plates didn’t seat quite as easily as the rest. They would, but required a bit more pressure to engage the mag catch. Seems these floor plates were just a bit out of spec, but a few passes with a file fixed that.

It’s a nice piece, fits great, and isn’t any larger than the 8 round mags with the spacers. Much improved grip and mag changes are easier, and no need for spacers. Looks like it came from the factory this way. If a .45 version comes out I’ll get one as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
This looks fantastic, if you guys ever make one for the G26 I’d buy it day one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Unless max concealability is paramount, the Samson Magwell is a 'must-have' for the Shield, IMHO (I have it on both my Shields...)

Tomac
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:50:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charlie_Foxtrot] [#14]
@Samson-Pro

Any chance you are working on a magwell for the M&P 2.0 line? There is a huge gap in the market for low profile magwells for the full size and compact M&P 2.0 lines. Ideally the magwell will work with the TT magazine extensions which are probably the most popular extensions in use on the 2.0s right now.

An FDE low profile magwell from you all is what’s missing here.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top