Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2020 5:59:33 PM EDT
I bought the pistol new and first trip to the range I discovered that the rear sight elevation detent pin was flattened by the factory. I have emailed them. I have left voicemails for them. I have instant messaged on Facebook. Not one reply to my request for a warranty repair.

I am going to have to say to avoid their products because they don’t acknowledge attempts to contact them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not cool...
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My original post was about 3 weeks after I had made my last of several attempts to contact SAR. As of today I still haven’t received a response on Facebook, email, or by phone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
No reply from SAR as of today.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That sucks. I was seriously considering one but have started hearing bad reviews about customer service.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadow_dog:
That sucks. I was seriously considering one but have started hearing bad reviews about customer service.
View Quote

Yeah, I just bought a SAR CM9 g2 and it came with 2 medium and 1 large backstrap instead of SML.  Contact attempts have fallen on deaf ears.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to update the thread occasionally but as of 9/15/20 no response from SAR.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is a review of the pistol somebody else wrote. I still haven’t heard from SAR so I posted about the customer service under the review.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/sar-k-12-turkish-surprise/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20200928_BlogDigest_397&utm_campaign=/digest/sar-k-12-turkish-surprise/
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#8]
As of today on 10/29/20 still have not received any reply from SAR.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I am unsure where to find the contact info.  But try to find your regional sales reps contact number.     SAR is horrible about customer service but I had been able to contact a regional sales person and he was able to help me out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for your reply. Personally, I will probably tell SAR to go screw themselves if they were kind enough to return any of my messages after this long of a period of time.  

Shit company is my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
You might try contacting the owner of https://www.luckysnipe.com/ Kim Force
I'm fairly sure she said that they were the vender rep for SAR's accessories and magazines,
They may have a way to contact SAR where you can get some help.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I appreciate the information.  Since SAR’s customer service sucks instead of going out of my way to contact them, which I have already done, I am going to continue to post about how nonexistent their customer service is.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Well fuck me.  As of today on 2/5/2021, somebody at SAR actually replied to my multiple Facebook instant messages that I started on 6/20/2020.  It only took them 6+ months.  That's worse customer service then was available in the 1980's by snail mail.  They asked for my email address and stated, "Hello ####! Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your K12. What is the best email to reach out at? I'll be sure that this is passed to our gunsmiths and they'll be able to get you connected with the right parts."

I supplied them with both my email address and my phone number.  Let's see if they actually take care of the boogered rear sight assembly that came on the pistol.

In the meantime, I purchased a CZ 75 SP-01 CUSTOM SHADOW TARGET II and a CZ P-07.

If SAR USA's customer service wasn't so shitty, I may have considered purchasing another one of their products.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:02:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, as of 2/12/2021 at 11:00 p.m. I have not been contacted by SAR USA as the Facebook IM said.  That's not really a surprise I guess based on their past lack of any attempt to respond to their product purchasers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Update on 3/3/2021.  Now I wonder when I will actually receive the replacement parts?

Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:55 AM
To: Jennifer
Cc: Michael L. Mullens
Subject: RE: Rear sight defect on SAR K-12 Sport

I added my address below.  I will also need the screw that goes in the rear sight as I had to alter my screw by maiming the threads on the screw so that the screw wouldn’t back out when I shot the pistol.

Thank you,
B#####

Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:29 AM
To: B.B######@hotmail.com
Cc: Michael L. Mullens
Subject: Re: Rear sight defect on SAR K-12 Sport

B####,

Thank you for choosing SAR USA. We apologize for dropping the ball on getting your rear sight issue resolved.

Please send us the following information and we will get a replacement rear sight to you.
Model: K-12 Sport
Serial Number: T1102-1######
Full Name: K##  #####
Address:  
City, State, Zip:
Phone Number: ###-###-####
Email Address: B.B####@hotmail.com

Here is the link for SAR USA warranty registration.
ttps://data4.adilas.biz/public/sar_usa/sar_register_firearm.html

Again, thank you for choosing SAR USA products.

Jennifer Allen
Customer Service Technician

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:13 PM
To: info
Subject: Rear sight defect on SAR K-12 Sport

Hello,

I recently purchased a brand-new SAR K-12 Sport and the rear sight is defective.  I have to turn “in” the rear sight elevation screw after every 1 or 2 shots because the screw keeps backing out when I fire the pistol.  I have included a photo of the rear sight with the screw removed.  I think that the detent was flattened when it was installed at the factory.

Serial number
T1102-#######

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Yesterday I received the replacement rear sight from Jennifer at SAR. Thank you to Jennifer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
Yesterday I received the replacement rear sight from Jennifer at SAR. Thank you to Jennifer.
View Quote

Good gawd, just reading thru all the posts in this thread was itself a horrific CS experience.

Glad to hear SARs finally fixed you up.

Interestingly, no such horrific experience has ever happened with my Glocks, S&Ws, or Colts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Today I finally got to the range to shoot with the new sights installed.  The K12 shoots nice however I will have to give the edge to my CZ75 Shadow Target 2 for trigger and group size.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#19]
No CS problems for me.

Went and shot my K-12 SPORT and felt like something wasn't just right. I came home and called
SAR USA and discussed it with them. They sent a call tag to have it sent back to them. They had
my gun fixed and returned to me within a week. My communications with them were great and
everyone I dealt with was very professional. If you have to have dealings with them, I hope yours
will be as good as mine were. I am sure it will.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]
You are lucky.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
These are starting to show up at some gun stores near me for about $725, but after reading about the horrible customer service I'm leery of buying one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#22]
The pistol shoots good however the customer service was a pain.  When I finally received the replacement rear sight from SAR USA and then removed the old sight from the pistol, I found a pretty good "machining" mark under the old rear sight.  It looked like a beaver had literally used its front teeth to chew off some of the slide material.  The mark is not noticeable under the new rear sight but it's there.

I would say that you should bite the bullet and look at a CZ.  My opinion.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top