Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2022 8:44:02 PM EDT
So, I bought my P11 in 1998 or 1999.  I showed it to my dad who loved it and said he would love to have one as a backup since he did a lot of undercover work at the time.  I ended up giving it to him and told myself I would buy another but I never did.  

A few years later I bought a P3AT when they came out and had a chance to buy a second P3AT from a friend who was selling his.  After my dad retired, I gave him one of my P3ATs so he could pocket carry, which he did for years.  He recently bought a compact Ruger 9mm (I'm not familiar with the model).  He came to visit a few months ago and brought me the P11 back with four mags (three 10rd, one 12 rd).  He came to visit this weekend and brought me the P3AT.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
I carried a P11 for a few years. Compact, reliable, but the trigger was too stiff. Still, not a bad pistol.

Good re-acquisition.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:52:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#2]
Back in 1990 I was issued a 5904.  I carried a P-11 in an ankle holster for a BUG.  Very reliable and never had any trouble qualifying with the P-11.   The P-11 would accept my 5904 mags which made it a really viable BUG.   When my Agency transitioned to Glock 22/23’s I sold my P-11 to a Friend.

I had a belt clip on the side of my P-11 so you could carry it without a holster.  I usually carried a 3913 NL off duty but I did use the P-11 occasionally.    I was surprised Kel-Tec discontinued the P-11 but the SCCY looks to be an exact copy.   A Deputy Friend has carried a PF-9 for 25+ years in an ankle holster.   I always wanted a P-32 but have never actually shot one or tried to find one.   I shot a P3AT 380 and I preferred the P-11.

Thanks for posting OP!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top