Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 7:22:36 PM EDT
So $500.26 with $100 rebate for a P Expert. What is everyone thoughts?? My first 1911. For a bit more I can go to the 14.45

Jon
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JonFocus03:
So $500.26 with $100 rebate for a P Expert. What is everyone thoughts?? My first 1911. For a bit more I can go to the 14.45

Jon
View Quote

So far what I been reading is people having morning but the problems with their 14.45. But for that price I picked me up expert carry single stack.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
PARA EXPERT Stainless $439 after $100 rebate at CDNN seems like a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Going to be $299 after MIR on Black Friday if you happen to live next to a Sportsmans Warehouse.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Waited in line an picked one of the Stainless Experts for sale at Sportsman's.  I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but look forward to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I drove 70 miles and waited in line Friday morning.  I ended up getting two of them.  One is mine the other will be a nice Christmas surprise.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Grimjaw5:
I drove 70 miles and waited in line Friday morning.  I ended up getting two of them.  One is mine the other will be a nice Christmas surprise.
View Quote

You take yours out to the range yet?  I think I'm going to get mine out sometime this week.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
My experience.

Overall, I like the pistol. Even with the replacement parts, it's well worth the $400 or so I have in it as a shooter.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_49/155077_Trigger_job_went_well___but_now_grip_safety_doesn_t_work.html
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a stainless expert maybe 3-4yrs ago now. First thing you should do before you leave the gunshop is throw the factory mags in the trash and buy chips for it before you leave. My factory mags fail to feed on the last round 90% of the time. The gun has been 100% with chip mags. Has eaten any ammo I've fed it in chip mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe it took a few months to finally get my new GI Expert out to the range.  The wife asked me to take her to the range today and I thought it would be a good opportunity to put the Expert through the paces.  First off the pistol fired 100 rounds of 230 gr Blazer FMJ without a hiccup.  I then ran a few magazines of Gold Dot Hollowpoint to make sure it would feed.  The gun ran without any problems.  

I really liked the front green fiber optic sight with black rear sight.  At 7 yards and in I was able to put rounds on top of one another.  At 25 yards I put most of the rounds in the black a few were a few inches left of black.  For a $299 1911 I can be happier!

I hope everyone else has had a good experience with theirs!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I got one last year. Have shot it multiple times, and never had a failure. The biggest drawbacks are that it comes with plastic grips and trigger, but that's why it is so cheap, so can't complain. Of course, it costs about a hundred dollars to add a new trigger and cocobolo grips.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I just bought an Expert Commander. Reviews and a few conversation indicated that it is/has been one of Para's more reliable products.

Cant wait till I get back to my home in FL next week and take a trip over to my dealer to pick it up.

Price was real good. Once it is broken in I can always throw some funds at it for upgrades if I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top