Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 8/29/2021 6:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lemisanthrope]
I hadn't taken the Kahr PM9 out and shot it in YEARS. Years ago I used to pocket carry the thing. I took it out today at the range and was surprised to remember how much I enjoyed shooting it and the factory vertical alignment sights in spite of its size. Worth mentioning that over the years I've shot who knows how many rounds through this thing and it's one of my few pistols that has never had a single malfunction. I'm thinking of putting it back into rotation on summer days when I can't be bothered to put a larger piece on my belt.
But... the mushy trigger reset still sucks.
Have any of you sent your little Kahrs for improvements? Is there a recommended trigger package or trigger service out there? Still want to keep it carry safe as the DAO is the only safety mechanism this tiny machine has.
Thanks.
Edit: Just to clarify I don't want to lighten the pull weight, I only want to shorten the reset/travel.
Anybody have experience with the Gallowglass trigger? https://gallowayprecision.com/gallowglass-flat-faced-short-stroke-trigger-for-kahr-9-40-and-45-pistols
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m sure there are smiths out there that do trigger jobs. I think robar closed down, they did a little bit with the Kahrs if I remember correctly.

Wolf sells a lighter striker spring, I’ve installed one in my cw9, it’s been good. Lightened up the trigger a bit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure if your Kahr already has it, but Kahr can install their Elite trigger unit that may do what you want.

Contact them for details.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
I'm not sure if your Kahr already has it, but Kahr can install their Elite trigger unit that may do what you want.

Contact them for details.
View Quote

I believe the PM series came with Elite triggers. Cylinder and Slide does work on Kahrs, they may be worth a phone call.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top