Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 8:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pukindog]
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. I have a Polish Radom P64..
Attachment Attached File

I am have a problem with with getting light primer strikes in single action mode.

It will fire in double action mode.

The picture below shows a double-action fired round on the left and a single action light primer strike on the right.
Attachment Attached File

No idea why this is happening. The hammer seems to travel the same distance rearward in both modes, but appears to strikes the firing pin with less strength in single action.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty solid on Mak's but, have not time working with P64's.

I would recommend a complete disassembly and pay special attention to the FP, FP channel, and FP spring. Could there Cosmoline in the hammer hooks and main spring? Have you tried replacing the springs?

These people might be able to help:

http://www.p64resource.com

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestions. The gun came clean of cosmoline at least on the outside but I will check the insides too. Ans thanks for that link!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Try some new wolffe springs for it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Just in case anyone is interested I did figure out this issue. Apparently the detent which holds the decocker in place is messed up and was allowing the decocker to fall, partially blocking the hammer on each shot. As long as I remembered to flip the decocker up before pulling the trigger, it fired in single action mode.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
An addition to the above - I used duct tape to hold the decocker in place and gun worked as it should..
Attachment Attached File

Back when I did this in March I was finally able to fire an entire magazine through the gun for the first time in the 6 years I have owned it.
I have been looking around for parts but no luck yet. From what I have seen on the P64 website replacing that detent does not look easy, but I will eventually tackle that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top