Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

P1?
Posted: 1/12/2023 12:24:12 AM EDT
I've done a little reading on these. I am trying to sell some rifles and a guy recently asked me if he could trade this for a rifle.

It's a 1963 date (based on serial and information provided) Manurhin P1, French made, 9mm. Looks to be matching serials from what I've seen

I think its West German army issue based upon the sunburst? Stamp on the trigger guard. Looks to be in good/very good condition with seemingly an original magazine, plus a Walther magazine and original 1963 dated leather holster.

Any idea what it's worth? Are they a nice pistol to own/shoot? (I know that's more subjective)

Any insight is appreciated... thank you.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ameshawki] [#1]
Starburst is Berlin Police.  Army guns will usually have a "BW" stamp.  Berlin Police weren't allowed German made pistols (some treaty silliness) so they used the Manurhins.  

Army guns have been floating around $500 to $600, occasionally more, once in a while less.  The Berlin Police guns go higher, not as common.  A 1963 will not have the hex bolt or the fat slide, so go easy on ammo.  Standard pressure.

They're nice guns, I like mine tho I don't shoot it much.  It's a 1982 Bundeswehr issue, went through rebuild (or at least inspection) in 1989.  Have at least two holsters for it, which aren't hard to find or very expensive.  The exception is the police holster, which I suspect you have and those are fairly high dollar by themselves.   Gun is decently accurate, single action isn't bad, double action is quite stiff as is common with Walthers of that design.  Not a lot you can do about it, nature of the beast.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Starburst is Berlin Police.  Army guns will usually have a "BW" stamp.  Berlin Police weren't allowed German made pistols (some treaty silliness) so they used the Manurhins.  

Army guns have been floating around $500 to $600, occasionally more, once in a while less.  The Berlin Police guns go higher, not as common.  A 1963 will not have the hex bolt or the fat slide, so go easy on ammo.  Standard pressure.

They're nice guns, I like mine tho I don't shoot it much.  It's a 1982 Bundeswehr issue, went through rebuild (or at least inspection) in 1989.  Have at least two holsters for it, which aren't hard to find or very expensive.  The exception is the police holster, which I suspect you have and those are fairly high dollar by themselves.   Gun is decently accurate, single action isn't bad, double action is quite stiff as is common with Walthers of that design.  Not a lot you can do about it, nature of the beast.
View Quote

Exactly what I needed to know/hear. Thank you.
P1?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top