Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 10:22:35 AM EDT
Love the Kimber but finding Holsters to fit is becoming a pain. any ideas ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
More specifics! What type of carry, what type of material?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:34:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PALADIN-hgwt] [#2]
Galco Avenger belt holster.  Model AV266B is what my Pro Carry II will ride in if it ever gets reliable.  Not real impressed with the Galco double mag pouch, because if it is adjusted to hold both mags, the remaining mag gets really loose when one is removed.

Paladin

ETA: fortunately the Avenger holster also fits my uber reliable Colt Combat Commander
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the Desantis intimidator 2. It hold the firearm close to the body, concealing it well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PALADIN-hgwt:
Galco Avenger belt holster.  Model AV266B is what my Pro Carry II will ride in if it ever gets reliable.  Not real impressed with the Galco double mag pouch, because if it is adjusted to hold both mags, the remaining mag gets really loose when one is removed.

Paladin

ETA: fortunately the Avenger holster also fits my uber reliable Colt Combat Commander
View Quote

My Pro rides in the Alessi version of this holster, that being said try the Wilson Flat Wire RSA and get some 1000-2000 grit sandpaper. Install the RSA and polish the ramp, chamber, and bearing surfaces. Mine "Ka-chunked" on my carry load (230 gr Gold Dot), it would feed but it didn't like them out of the box. Now it's smooth and hasn't missed a beat.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a ultra carry with CT laser grips and I didnt even screw around. I went straight to Mitch Rosen and had them make me a custom holster.  Took 10 days and I got a USD express line for $90.  Its a little more than an of the shelf holster but a bargain when you consider the alternative.  Im blessed to be 4 miles from them, but 95% of their orders are over the net.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I use this
on a 1.75 inch reinforced leather belt and its been fantastic for daily wear for four years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Fobus paddle holster that I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II in and love it.  Perfect fit, even says "Kimber" on the side of the holster.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wind-Dummy:
Love the Kimber but finding Holsters to fit is becoming a pain. any ideas ?
View Quote

It's a 1911. 4" barrel. Quite possibly one of the most manufactured holsters next to a Glock 19. How hard can it be
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want an excellent concealed carry holster, the previous poster mentioned Mitch Rosen. I got one and love it. Got the spare mag carrier and a custom belt with it. Total quality.

For a field holster or range holster, contact Lewis at hughes holsters. He worked for a national holster maker and branched out on his own. I have at least six of his holsters and quality is far above what you would expect to pay for compared to off the shelf stuff. i think my holsters cost around $40 for a lined one. He will make it how you want it with several options for retention and color. top quality leather and hand boning for style. he offers different cants as well.

I turned my friends on to him they buy their stuff from him now. He sells on Ebay and has a website Hughes holsters . com or similar spelling. He selection is limited for models but for 1911 and springfields and few other models he is good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top