Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 11/22/2017 10:06:27 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with the Lakeline followers or their +1 magazine extensions for the Kahr?

Thinking about picking up a +1 to replace the pinky extension on my 6-rd mag as it would get me an extra round while being shorter than the factory 7-rd and actually shorter (although not tapered) than the 6-rd with pinky extension.

Attachment Attached File

The followers had me interested as well as I’d love absolute reliability in sling shorting the slide closed as well as keeping the rounds of my spare mag in place when in the pocket or something.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The followers feed well, and the rounds stay in magazine and not in your pocket
I have the followers in a 6-9 mag and a 7-9 mag with Wolff springs in the PM9
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Wound up ordering 2 followers, the +1 and Wolff springs for 2 6rd and 1 7rd mag and have them installed.

The +1 is nice and is certainly shorter than the 7rd mag, only gripe is that the gap between the frame and mag well is larger than he usual Kahr gap, and you can’t use the follower and +1 in the same mag as it won’t feed right.  So I have 1 mag that will need some tweaks to the factory follower to feed the first round via slingshot method, the other 2 work great though.  Now just need to get the time to hit the range.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
MIght have to try them out for my PM9.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcast141] [#4]
Got them installed and did the o-ring trick to fill the gap between the baseplate and frame.  The +1 extension had about the same amount of gap as the factory 7rd mag does.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The +1 adds about 1/4” to the length of a 6rd mag and is about 1/4” shorter than the factory 7rd.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the blunt nose PM9's
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]
What holster are you using with the TRL-6?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevJames:
What holster are you using with the TRL-6?
View Quote
A Grab & Go from Huckleberry Tactical

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you really carry a loaded mag in your pocket with one of these followers and not have loose rounds in your pocket at the end of the day?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
Can you really carry a loaded mag in your pocket with one of these followers and not have loose rounds in your pocket at the end of the day?
View Quote
It holds the rounds tightly up against the feed lips to the point it leaves marks on some of the brass.  That being said I use a little pouch to keep the mag oriented right.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top