Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2020 9:27:39 PM EDT
Does kimber have any sort of QC? Just picked up a 2 tone micro 9. Right out the box failure to extract constantly. Had to pull it apart and bend the extractor. Disappointed I had to mess with it to get it to run right.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You are lucky thats all that was wrong with it. Keep an eye out for misfires / light strikes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
And dropping mags when firing. Took 2 trips back to Kimber before they sent me a new one. Still used Sig 938 mags to fully eliminate that problem. Sigs mags are ever so slightly bigger. Perfect after that!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping their QC was back on track, maybe not.  I've never had any problems with their guns but others have.  Hopefully they leave whoever is to blame in NY during the move to Alabama.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brandi:
Hopefully they leave whoever is to blame in NY during the move to Alabama.
View Quote

I got news for ya Brandi, They made better guns in NY than AL.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I am glad that I did not read this thread before buying my Kimber micro 9.  It did stutter a couple times with cast reloads, but after shooting about 200 rounds things have smoothed out.  This is typical in my experience.  Should I have bought a SIG 938?  For me this is the first small 9mm that is fun to shoot.  The SIG 365 was unpleasant in my experience.  My Diamond back and SCCY were unpleasant, but are very reliable.  A Ruger EC9 was close in shooting ease though.  Reliability was good.

I like the feel of the Kimber, and it hides easily.

This in no way implies I think any of you are wrong, just my experience.  Kimber can improve their QC, and most problems are with that and not the overall design.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 3:11:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hayabusa1340] [#6]
Took my Micro nine to the range for the first time on Black Friday.

Went through about 75 rounds.

One time it seemed to have a hard time chambering a round, it did though.

No other issues.

We were just blasting, making noise, so no real test for accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top