Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2019 8:29:10 AM EDT
I picked up a kimber EVO CS last week and finally got to the range to try it out along with a Glock 43X. Put 135 rounds through the Kimber without a hiccup. I shot a box Fiocchi 115gr FMJ, a box of Winchester 115gr FMJ, and 35 rounds of assorted JHP self defense loads. The grip is very aggressive but I like that. It stays right where you gripped it with no moving around. It was very pleasant to shoot and much less perceived recoil than the Glock 43X. I was more accurate when shooting the Kimber than the Glock, but that may just be me. I checked the trigger pull with my Lyman trigger gauge and it breaks just over 6 lbs, but is very smooth with a clean break. I had swore off Kimber's after buying a Solo, but this felt so good when I gripped it at the gun shop, and the initial reviews I read seemed pretty good. I wanted to get a couple hundred more rounds through it next week, then I will start carrying it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I also picked one up. Nice shooter and very accurate. My trigger has a little creep, but I didn't buy it to be a target gun. Hitting a pie plate at 20 feet with every round as fast as I can pull the trigger is good enough for me. Getting a 6 round micro 9 mag now to carry in it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Took the EVO out again today and put 200 more rounds through it. Took a six round micro nine magazine and it worked without any issues. I also took a Mossberg MC1 and a Glock 43. put 50 rounds through both without any problems. Got to say the more I shoot the EVO the more I like it, really pleasant to shoot for a subcompact 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I ran mine today, and it was extremely accurate. I was thoroghly impressed. Ran like a top, and would carve out a 3" target  at 7 yards with little trouble.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up an EVO CDP yesterday and took it out today, 200 rounds - 150 rounds 147gr Blazer Brass, 50 rounds Fed HST 147gr. 4 bobbles, all tied to one of the mags; 2 failures to lock back (removing/reseating the empty mag fixed that so it's something related to the mag follower) and 2 failures to feed the first round of the mag; the round was pushed down more than out and the flat tip of the round hit beneath the feed ramp. A round ball profile probably would have been fine. All of those were with the same magazine. I don't know if it was the one mag I purchased with it, or one of the two mags that came with it; I didn't mark them before I headed to the range. The one bad mag has since been marked and relegated to range-only use.

It's a little flippy but for a small 9mm pocket rocket, I think that's a little expected. I need to buy the larger sized grips Kimber sells to fit my XL-sized hands better. Finding holsters is proving difficult (especially decent AIWB holsters)...I ordered one from Clinger Holsters, we'll see how it goes.

Probably my biggest complaint is how it takes down; it's a bitch keeping the slide lined up to punch out the slide stop. My 2nd biggest complaint is that the mag is huge; I wish it came with 2 7 round mags and one 6 round flush fitting mag, and not just 2 7 round mags. One of the ideas behind this gun is that it's just about pocketable...the 7 round mag makes it too big for that. A 6 round compact mag would be perfect, even if you give up some pinky grip real estate.

I haven't done a detail strip yet; I'll probably do that when I clean it later tonight.

A little pricey but so far I'm pretty happy with it, and that's not something I've been able to say about other Kimbers I've had at the 200+ round mark

I need to try it with some 124gr, and then maybe some of the 150gr short barrel HST that Federal sells and see how that does...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top