Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2023 10:56:29 AM EDT
I had occasion to shoot a P17 yesterday and it was kind of a blast. For cheap money it looked like something I might like to have, but I've seen varying reviews both pro and con. Any first hand experience or caveats would be appreciated.

TIA.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the P17 & the Taurus TX22.  I`ve had no problems with the TX22.   the P17 started stovepiping & jamming. The extractor was locked up. I took it apart & removed the burrs, Keltec sent me a new spring cause of course I lost it.  It worked great until last Friday, same problem.  jams & stovepipes. failure to eject.  I'll fiddle with it, but I think this time it goes back to the factory.  My buddy's P17 has been great, but he prefers the TX22 also.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Well thanks for the reply and heads-up on the P17. The P17 is a bit of a "luck of the draw" situation, as I know a couple of folks who've had great success with them. Guess I'll stick with my Buckmarks. I tried the TX-22 Competition but quickly returned it due to the crappy barrel. (something I can't abide!)
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've sold a bunch of them and tx22. I had 2 tx 22 barrels with shit rifling I caught and sent back before I sold them. They both have run great. I wanna machinegun a tx 22 and a p17.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Homegrown] [#4]
I have both a tx22 and a p17. I had a different tx22 that had the crap barrel so I got rid of it. The current tx22  has been reliable. The p17 has been very reliable. I prefer the p17 over the tx.
Top Top