Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2017 10:32:26 PM EDT
I finally got to my FFL and picked this little beauty up. What a nicely crafted and machined pistol! I love th feel of the OEM stocks but really like the looks of the wood grips that Kahr sells for them. Anybody want to tell me how they feel and how they differ from  the origionals?
While I stated that I like the feel of the oem ones, I wouldn't mind a little more meat to hold on to.
Thanks for any info and tell me some stories, good or bad, about this pistol.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a non Elite. Sold it to a friend. Missed it terribly. Another friend sold me his Elite. Some reason I got a bug up my ass and sold that one a few years later. I really miss it now.

One day I'll find a deal on one locally.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Crappy picture and the pistol is filthy. The wood grips make the grip slightly larger, they're checker good and provide a lot of grip. I like the feel in the hand better than the original polymer grips and they look better in my opinion too.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iiibdsiil:
I had a non Elite. Sold it to a friend. Missed it terribly. Another friend sold me his Elite. Some reason I got a bug up my ass and sold that one a few years later. I really miss it now.

One day I'll find a deal on one locally.
View Quote
This is why you should never sell a gun.
How did it shoot? Did you like it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 9:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#4]
Originally Posted By Gulfstream:
Crappy picture and the pistol is filthy. The wood grips make the grip slightly larger, they're checker good and provide a lot of grip. I like the feel in the hand better than the original polymer grips and they look better in my opinion too.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214731/Kahr_MK9-371710.JPG
View Quote
Those are the exact grips that I want to put on. Is there a gap at the backstrap, and did you have to do some minor fitting? I've seen some pics where there was a noticable gap, but have read that the problem was only with the Elite 98's.
ETA: Beautiful pistol. How do you like shooting it? Do you think women will enjoy shooting it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I need to get an MK9 someday...and have the front strap checkered and the trigger narrowed and polished.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had the regular and then the elite. I had wood grips on one of them but mostly carried the stock grips.

They both shot great when they were cleaned and lubed. I pocket carried mine with a pocket holster. After about a week of pocket lint (really not much at all and barely visible even when I took it apart) it would be a jam-o-matin. Even after a 500 round break in and the regular one going back to the gun shop so the gunsmith could try to fix it and changing the recoil springs.

It really pissed me off because I shot them really well and liked them a lot. I ended up trading them and of course let the people know my troubles.

I still kinda miss it though as it was just such a nice little gun.

I hope you have better luck cuz they can be great.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

This is why you should never sell a gun.
How did it shoot? Did you like it?
View Quote
I shot pretty well with it but it wasn't exactly a joy to shoot because of it's size. Practicing wasn't bad, don't get me wrong. My Elite required a lot more effort to crack open out of battery. Like an angle was wrong on something, or maybe that's what made it Elite was a better angle.

I've bought a Glock 43 which seems to fit the role well enough with a ton of holster choices.

I'd recommend the Comp Tac MTac holster on the MK9. It really is awesome if you are willing to cough up the money. I don't carry like I used to now that I'm out of Florida. I should, but I don't so it's hard to justify the money on the MTac. (wait, I've been through that much money trying other holsters to get something close )
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DevJames:
I need to get an MK9 someday...and have the front strap checkered and the trigger narrowed and polished.
View Quote
I kinda thought the trigger was a little on the fat side too, but still nice enough that it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Geronimo509:
I’ve had the regular and then the elite. I had wood grips on one of them but mostly carried the stock grips.

They both shot great when they were cleaned and lubed. I pocket carried mine with a pocket holster. After about a week of pocket lint (really not much at all and barely visible even when I took it apart) it would be a jam-o-matin. Even after a 500 round break in and the regular one going back to the gun shop so the gunsmith could try to fix it and changing the recoil springs.

It really pissed me off because I shot them really well and liked them a lot. I ended up trading them and of course let the people know my troubles.

I still kinda miss it though as it was just such a nice little gun.

I hope you have better luck cuz they can be great.
View Quote
Mine has been awesome so far. I don't really think I'll be pocket carrying it. But you never know, I might decide to someday.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By iiibdsiil:

I shot pretty well with it but it wasn't exactly a joy to shoot because of it's size. Practicing wasn't bad, don't get me wrong. My Elite required a lot more effort to crack open out of battery. Like an angle was wrong on something, or maybe that's what made it Elite was a better angle.

I've bought a Glock 43 which seems to fit the role well enough with a ton of holster choices.

I'd recommend the Comp Tac MTac holster on the MK9. It really is awesome if you are willing to cough up the money. I don't carry like I used to now that I'm out of Florida. I should, but I don't so it's hard to justify the money on the MTac. (wait, I've been through that much money trying other holsters to get something close )
View Quote
Thanks for th info. Like I stated above, I don't think I'll be carrying this much, but you nevefr know. I bought because I'm going through this little pistol phase.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the difference between a standard and Elite anyway?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Post manufacturing polishing, mostly just cosmetics.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Those are the exact grips that I want to put on. Is there a gap at the backstrap, and did you have to do some minor fitting? I've seen some pics where there was a noticable gap, but have read that the problem was only with the Elite 98's.
ETA: Beautiful pistol. How do you like shooting it? Do you think women will enjoy shooting it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Crappy picture and the pistol is filthy. The wood grips make the grip slightly larger, they're checker good and provide a lot of grip. I like the feel in the hand better than the original polymer grips and they look better in my opinion too.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214731/Kahr_MK9-371710.JPG
The grips fit rather well, no fitting required and no gaps. Mine is a standard model (non-elite) so I'm not sure if the additional polishing of the "Elite" models will induce fitment problems or not. The pistol is nice to shoot once you master the long heavy trigger, but can be rather "snappy" due to its size. My wife does shoot it on occasion but much prefers her G43.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I think the bbl is aftermarket too.  Different technique, I can't remember the name, I'm kinda buzzed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#15]

The grips fit rather well, no fitting required and no gaps. Mine is a standard model (non-elite) so I'm not sure if the additional polishing of the "Elite" models will induce fitment problems or not. The pistol is nice to shoot once you master the long heavy trigger, but can be rather "snappy" due to its size. My wife does shoot it on occasion but much prefers her G43.
View Quote
You know, I find it about ,or maybe less snappy than my model 84. Hmm, I will take them both to the range next time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry mine in a Mika holster. Fits real nice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 10:43:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CoreShot] [#17]
My MK9 elite 98. I use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It's ridden in my winter coat pocket for many years. Too heavy for a jacket.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Damnit. I want an all steel Kahr now...
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Yeah you do, I have a black k9 and it's a dream to shoot compared to my edc cw9. The cw9 isn't bad to shoot at all, but The extra weight of the steel frame really tames the recoil and makes it a really smooth gun to shoot for its size.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jmart172:
I carry mine in a Mika holster. Fits real nice.
View Quote
I'll look them up, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RGinIdaho:
My MK9 elite 98. I use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It's ridden in my winter coat pocket for many years. Too heavy for a jacket.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1371/kahr_mk9_elite98_no_sn-392371.JPG
View Quote
Nice. I just might try coat carry if it gets cold enough. I'm loving this little gun!
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Get one! I'm looking to add the K9 Elite to my collection.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:

Yeah you do, I have a black k9 and it's a dream to shoot compared to my edc cw9. The cw9 isn't bad to shoot at all, but The extra weight of the steel frame really tames the recoil and makes it a really smooth gun to shoot for its size.
View Quote
That's why I think they shoot so well. The all-steel guns are pussycats to shoot.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top