Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 8/24/2017 12:14:23 PM EDT
Anyone seen the deal on Kahr 380s at Buds Gunshop?  $225 ish for either the CW380 or CT380.  

I've been thinking about adding a PM9/CM9 as a BUG.  I've looked at the numbers and the CW380 seems significantly smaller, but no one around here stocks Kahr so I haven't been able to compare directly.  Seems like it would be hard to go wrong with a CW380 for $225.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/2084_21_51/Kahr+Arms/
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The .380 is quite small and that's a deal @ 225
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the free mag promo from kahr is still going on too
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
CT380 is my ankle holster BUG. Slightly larger and heavier than the CW. The CT just fit my hand so much better...I don't think the extra size or weight off sets the fact the CW just felt to small.

I did have a few hiccups in the first 100rds or so. After that, it's ran without fail.

One down side to either the CW or CT. It's a bitch to rack the slide...Holly stiff recoil springs bat man! I have to be careful to not short stroke when racking the slide. My wife, simply cannot rack it. She has zero issues racking her bodyguard 380 or any S&W, Ruger or Glock we own..
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
One down side to either the CW or CT. It's a bitch to rack the slide...Holly stiff recoil springs bat man! I have to be careful to not short stroke when racking the slide. My wife, simply cannot rack it.
View Quote
I'm sixtyfour with hands that are less than meaty - no problem here. Easier than the Ruger LCP or P938. More comfortable to shoot, and the mag invites handloading it.

No harder than my 4566 TSW. What is this "hard to rack" you speak of?

Anyway the LCPII is about the closest according to weight and size, which puts it in that class which include the Bodyguard, etc. As for racking, you only do it once before you insert the first mag, after that the slide release engages on the last round and you don't rack to reload. It's not needed. Drop mag, insert new, drop slide release per Kahr's written instructions.

Works for me.

Please tell us you aren't loading a mag under a closed slide with nothing chambered and then trying to rack it. I read of people who do this with other guns with slide or bolt releases and it's not part of the manual of arms for Kahr.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tirod:

I'm sixtyfour with hands that are less than meaty - no problem here. Easier than the Ruger LCP or P938. More comfortable to shoot, and the mag invites handloading it.
Odd, I found either the LCP or P938 easier to rack, as did my wife. I'm 49 if that matters....

No harder than my 4566 TSW. What is this "hard to rack" you speak of?

Never handled one of these. I'm not the only person to say the smaller CW and CT series had stiff recoil springs and were harder to rack than most other guns.

Anyway the LCPII is about the closest according to weight and size, which puts it in that class which include the Bodyguard, etc. As for racking, you only do it once before you insert the first mag, after that the slide release engages on the last round and you don't rack to reload. It's not needed. Drop mag, insert new, drop slide release per Kahr's written instructions.

Yes this is true. Dropping the slide via the release works. I'm in the habit of not using the slide release/slide stops since I mostly shoot Glocks, 1911's and S&W autos. I don't really care what Kahr's written instruction state.

Works for me.

Great.

Please tell us you aren't loading a mag under a closed slide with nothing chambered and then trying to rack it. I read of people who do this with other guns with slide or bolt releases and it's not part of the manual of arms for Kahr.

Why shouldn't I? locking the slide back to insert a mag and then releasing it is an extra step that should not be needed... period. Again, I couldn't care less what Kahr says. there is no good reason to need the slide locked back for mag insertion, yes, racking the slide in this case should be a little more difficult due to the extra pressure from the top round in the mag pressing against the bottom of the slide. Still, MY little CT380 is more difficult than any other gun in this class I've tried when it comes to racking the slide. Are you going to tell me, if you have a malfunction, you're going to take the time to clear it, then lock the slide back before inserting a fresh mag? I'm sure as hell not.

Since my CT380 is only a BUG and never a primary carry. IF, I ever have to pull it, if I cant end the fight with 8rds, I don't carry a spare mag for it so I'm done anyway....
View Quote
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top