Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2020 9:43:48 PM EDT
Good evening everybody.

Just put a few rounds through the 1911 clone and extremely impressed.

I would really appreciate some pictures of grips that you replaced the brown plastic with, just to give me ideas.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
SDS with cheap walnut grips from Sarco. Sorry for crappy pic all I got right now. FWIW it’s been trouble-free for around 100 rounds through it so far. " />
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: paduce] [#2]
Just checked-out the price on those SARCO walnut grips and WOW! very nice.

They look a bit light in your pic, are they stained at all?

ETA: And how aggressive is the checkering?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rifleman_556] [#3]
Checkering is not very aggressive, about like the stock plastic ones. They’re not stained, but I figure they’ll darken with use.
ETA: If ya want more stylish grips, Numrich has a set of checkered Rosewood with Swiss cross for $10 IIRC.
ETA2: Swiss cross OOS, only Astra logo left I wanted a pair...
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan of wood grips on my 1911's
How fancy do you want to go?
Esmeralda https://esmeralda.cc/ makes some very nice exotic grips that are very nice. (ivory wood, semi custom design)
Attachment Attached File

Another of my favorites is Skip checkered by Herretts or Ahrends.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Lok grips.  Go look.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a set of the Sarco grips on a RIA for years - no complaints.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got the GI model and its been flawless ,real tac driver  the gun looks just like a GI model the Turks have been making arms for 100 years and they did a good job on the 1911
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 5:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rifleman_556:
Checkering is not very aggressive, about like the stock plastic ones. They’re not stained, but I figure they’ll darken with use.
ETA: If ya want more stylish grips, Numrich has a set of checkered Rosewood with Swiss cross for $10 IIRC.
ETA2: Swiss cross OOS, only Astra logo left I wanted a pair...
View Quote

There are a couple sets on Ebay for $18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top