Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/24/2018 10:29:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman]
Those of us who have been hanging around Glocks as well as the internet for a while know that “erratic ejection” or “brass to the face” (BTF for short) has been a longstanding and often discussed issue, especially in 9mm Glocks.

This discussion seemed to kick off with the advent of gen 4. Early gen 4 guns in 9mm had issues. The guns were shipped with a stiffer recoil assembly to cope with the 40 cal, which had taken over law enforcement at the time. As long as you were using full power defensive loads the guns had no issues, but break out a box of WWB like most of us and failures were common. Along with this Glock transitioned to MIM (or metal injection molding) for their extractors about the same time. MIM can make excellent small parts that would be otherwise hard to machine, but due to slight changes in component size this led to tolerance stacking issues. The MIM extractors fit too tightly in the slides. This, along with the slower slide velocity due to heavier recoil springs contributed to the BTF issue becoming a very noticeable problem.

The gen 3 and earlier guns shipped with the “336” ejector, reference to the part number stamped on the side. Gen 3 and earlier guns were obviously known for their reliability. That said as we go back and shoot some older models, we realize that the 9mm Glocks of lore didn’t have picture perfect ejection to begin with. Sure, it didn’t hit you in your face every shot, but it was sort of erratic and weak, albeit reliable.

Attachment Attached File

My April 2007 Glock 19 is one of those oft sought after pre-MIM Glocks. You will see from the video isn’t ejection isn’t exactly perfect. My early gen 4 was worse, and eventually I sold it. But after that I noted that my gen 3 wasn’t great either. Every 50-100 rounds I’d get a hot piece of brass thrown at my face. It was still dead nuts reliable however.

After the issues arose with the gen 4 guns, Glock came out with new recoil springs and new ejectors. Thus came the 30274 ejector. All 9mm gen 4 guns and the Glock 19 and 17 gen 5 now ship with this ejector installed. It corrected most of the issues, however folks still complained that ejection was “weak” compared to other pistols, and still had BTF issues. Some folks had to resort to the expensive Apex aftermarket extractor to get their guns to run right. However to this day, Glock still ships gen 3 guns with the 336 ejector, despite the fact that some gen 3 guns that get sent to Glock with BTF issues come back with the 30274 ejector installed.

Finally we have the 47021 ejector. This ejector is what is currently shipping with the G26 gen 5, G34 gen 5, and 19X. Why the 17 and 19 gen 5 still ship and are still specified to have the 30274 ejector, along with the gen 3 still having the 336 ejector is a bit of a mystery. I suspect it has to due with the numerous government contracts Glock has and the cost of updating older models already on the street. If they ship new guns with new parts, that’s admitting fault in the old parts. That said I have read of gen 5 19s thst got sent back to glock for BTF getting shipped back with 47021 ejectors installed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

L to R, 336, 30274, 47021

So given all that, I decided to mess around with each ejector in my old gen 3 19. Which would perform best? Would the gen 5 ejector cause any issues in the gen 3? Would it offer notable improvement over the 30274 ejector I had installed? The 30274 did improve performance a bit, but ejection was still weak, and once in a blue moon I’d get a shell thrown at my face or land on my hat.

I went to the range today, fired one magazine with a mild hand load of 147 gr plated bullets above 3.9 gr of BE-86, and then a magazine of 124 gr Speer +P Gold Dots with each ejector installed. 336 first, then 30274, then 47021.
Glock 19 gen 3 Ejection Pattern Comparisons 336,

The 336 was erratic from 2-6 o’clock, with one even going out the left side of the gun. The 30274 was better, but ejection was a bit weak, 4-5 o’clock. The 47021 performed exceptionally, throwing brass strongly at 3-3:30 in a neat little pile about 10 ft away.

If you are having issues with ejection, the 47021 is worth investing in. I shot around 250 more rounds with it installed and it was flawless. The gen 5 TMH it comes installed in I purchased from Ghost's website (www.ghostinc.com) for around $10. You will need to pull it out of the gen 5 trigger housing and install it in your gen 3 or 4 housing to work.

Hope you guys found this worthwhile!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yay science!

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent my 19.5 back to Glock and they did indeed replace the ejector with the 47021. Ejection is perfect except on the last round, then it is weak and erratic. It seems as long as there is a round in the magazine, all is well. Once you lose that, it sucks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem didn’t start with Gen4, it got worse in 2009 when the MIM extractors and incorrectly machined slides became more common.  It affected Gen 3 and 4 pistols.  Glocks have always had the issue.   My first experience with BTF was with a Gen2 17 in around 2002.  It was easily remedied with all updated extractor parts and ejector.   I bought a new 17L in ‘09 that had bad ejection it would regularly stovepipe.   Glock couldn’t fix it and neither could I as the aftermarket parts to fix it weren’t available yet.

The issue is generally exacerbated by hotter ammo. The extractor is losing control of the case on the way back to the ejector.  The more violently the slide moves, the faster it loses control.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent post. I have five Glocks, all Gen 3. The only one I have had problems with BTF is the G17 I bought new in 2016. BBHB serial number prefix. It was really bad at first, to the point I developed a flinch because I was expecting to get hit with brass. I can't remember which ejector it has in it. I have put a couple thousand rounds through the gun and it has gotten a lot better, to the point now that I may get one piece of brass to the top of my head every couple hundred rounds or so. My G19 I bought new in 2002 has always had fairly strong and consistent ejection, and I've put many thousands of rounds through that gun. I bought a new Gen 3 G26 this past January and have never had a problem with ejection in that gun at all. Not sure which ejector is in it either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By samuse:
The problem didn't start with Gen4, it got worse in 2009 when the MIM extractors and incorrectly machined slides became more common.  It affected Gen 3 and 4 pistols.  Glocks have always had the issue.   My first experience with BTF was with a Gen2 17 in around 2002.  It was easily remedied with all updated extractor parts and ejector.   I bought a new 17L in '09 that had bad ejection it would regularly stovepipe.   Glock couldn't fix it and neither could I as the aftermarket parts to fix it weren't available yet.

The issue is generally exacerbated by hotter ammo. The extractor is losing control of the case on the way back to the ejector.  The more violently the slide moves, the faster it loses control.
View Quote
I agree. I had an Austrian proofed Gen 3 19 I bought in 2008 during the Obama panic and it ejected in one direction - straight back at my forehead!

I have only shot Winchester 124 gr NATO ball in my 19.5, I'll have to try some "normal" power ammo and see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By samuse:
The problem didn’t start with Gen4, it got worse in 2009 when the MIM extractors and incorrectly machined slides became more common.  It affected Gen 3 and 4 pistols.  Glocks have always had the issue.   My first experience with BTF was with a Gen2 17 in around 2002.  It was easily remedied with all updated extractor parts and ejector.   I bought a new 17L in ‘09 that had bad ejection it would regularly stovepipe.   Glock couldn’t fix it and neither could I as the aftermarket parts to fix it weren’t available yet.

View Quote
Yup totally agree it didn’t start with gen 4. A lot of the older guns, like my 2007 gen 3 didn’t have great ejection. That said I think it really became noticed and talked about on forums around the time the gen 4 popped up.

Not sure about your second point. If that was the case we would’ve seen the issue in 40 and 10mm. Both my 40 and 10mm guns throw cases like nobody’s business. That said with the +P ammo yesterday ejection was equally erratic with the 336 ejector as it was with the soft hand loads.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent post. I started out with Glocks with an ancient 2nd Gen G21 (serial number AVExxx, so basically right after Glock introduced them). Ejection in that gun was always very consistent, about 3:30-4:00 o'clock, about 4 or 5 feet away. Power of the ammo didn't seem to matter as to where the case went, only how far it went.

Not long after, I got an ancient G26 (first issue, what is called Gen 2.5, serial number BUZxxx). It, also, always ejected pretty consistently, although not as consistently as the G21. Brass went anywhere from about 2:30-5:00 o'clock and, again, about 4-5' away. None ever came back at me. though, and everything ejected from the gun cleanly. Even after I started as an instructor, no one carrying any of the older guns at my PD ever complained, so I never really paid attention to ejection from these guns.

Fast forward to about 6 years ago and I bought a 3rd Gen G19 to replace my G21 to try and reduce weight on my duty belt at my PD job. It was awful. Even with Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST, both 124gr +P JHPs, it ejected all over the place. It would eject to the right, ahead of the gun, right back at my face and head and, strangely enough, even to the left of the gun. It was so bad that I quit shooting it for a while till I got a chance to call Glock. Right before I bought my G19, I had attended a Glock armorer's recertification class. This was around the time that the Gen4 9mms were having tons of ejection problems and the instructor told us that rarely, the 3rd Gen guns would have problems, too. We were told that, if we got a 3rd Gen gun that had issues, we should call and speak to a tech and the tech would send us out a 30274 ejector, which should solve the ejection issue. My G19 had a 336 ejector installed, so I called and ended up arguing with the tech when he initially refused to send me an ejector (that is another story, which I have related here and is unrelated to this story, but I am still bitter about it). He eventually gave in when I demanded to speak to a supervisor and sent me a 30274 ejector.

When I received it a couple weeks later, I installed it and the difference was night and day. Ejection became very reliable, consistently going to about 3:30-4:00 o'clock. Ejection was kinda weak, though. Even with +P ammo, the cases only ejected about 2 feet from the gun. Weak, but consistent and has never failed.

Despite claims about how good old Glocks were, a previous poster was also correct about erratic ejection from older guns. I was able to purchase a beat to crap 1st Gen G17 from the PD I work for (serial number CCxxx). When I got it, it was failing to extract about 3 or 4 rds out of a 50 rd box. I inspected the extractor, it was fine, so I replaced the extractor depressor plunger spring and it went back to extremely reliable operation. While it has never punched a case into my head or face, ejection is a little erratic. It will eject from maybe 1:00-5:00 o'clock, between 2-6 feet out from the gun. Hardly the perfectly reliable and repeatable ejection that everyone claims old Glocks used to have. Between my PD and a neighboring PD that I run qualifications for (I am the rangemaster at my PD, the small neighboring PD doesn't have an instructor, so we do it for them), there are a few older 2nd and early 3rd Gen guns. I started paying attention to them after my problems and all eject about the same as my G17. They all eject reliably, but they aren't as consistent as everyone likes to make out.

The continuous ejector revisions tell me that Glock knows they have a problem. However, in typical Glock fashion, they refuse to acknowledge it and quietly revise parts to try and solve it. They never tell the general public about the revisions and, if you call to complain about an issue, the techs will, almost to a person, tell you that the problem is unusual, they have never (or rarely) heard of it and that you will need to send the gun in for inspection, even if it is a known issue like the erratic ejection problem. I like the guns but hate the company and their business model and this is one reason that I am dumping Glocks.

Bub75
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:05:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SPTiger] [#10]
I checked yesterday, and all my 9mm Glocks have the 336 ejector. I also fired a box of Tula brass cased ammo that I had bought from Wal Mart a few years ago in my BBHB serial number prefix G17, and ejection was all over the place! The only brass cased ammo I have fired in it has been Gold Dot ammo, and I don't recall ejection like I saw yesterday. Multiple cases bounced off my right ear muff, some off the top of my head, and a few went straight to the front as if they had come out of the barrel. Never have seen that before. I didn't chrono the ammo but it seemed like a few rounds were so weak that the slide didn't want to come back all the way. Prior to that all the practice ammo I have ever fired in that gun has been aluminum cased ammo.

It pisses me off that Glock doesn't own up to the problem. I am a big fan of Glock but not a fanboy. If my G19 had ever had that kind of ejection problem I would have never started carrying it, but it's had perfect ejection since day one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Yay science!

View Quote
FPNI as usual.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#12]
The two worst Glocks I have ever had for BTF were a Gen 3 19 and a Gen 4 21. Overall, I have the most erratic ejection with 19s.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Unfortunately the problem is not with the ejector. Some guns (rare) with really bad ejection have a bad slide and cannot be fixed by changing ejectors or extractors.

I think most of the problems are with the extractors. An extractor costs $$$ while an ejector costs pennies. And the new ejectors do seem to cure most of the problems.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
The two worst Glocks I have ever had for BTF were a Gen 3 19 and a Gen 4 21. Overall, I have the most erratic ejection with 19s.
View Quote
Well damn. So the G21 isn't immune to the BTF issue? I'm in the market for a G21SF and I have considered a battlefield green Gen 4 G21, but I don't want another gun with those issues.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

Well damn. So the G21 isn't immune to the BTF issue? I'm in the market for a G21SF and I have considered a battlefield green Gen 4 G21, but I don't want another gun with those issues.
View Quote
Mine was so bad I found myself watching the ejecting brass instead of the sights. It would send a steady stream of brass to my face.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#16]
You should try the OEM. 40 ejector.  It works great in mine for any 9mm I've shot
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine was so bad I found myself watching the ejecting brass instead of the sights. It would send a steady stream of brass to my face.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

I had a Gen4 21 that was horrible too.  Getting hot 45 brass to the face is dangerous.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Unfortunately the problem is not with the ejector. Some guns (rare) with really bad ejection have a bad slide and cannot be fixed by changing ejectors or extractors.

I think most of the problems are with the extractors. An extractor costs $$$ while an ejector costs pennies. And the new ejectors do seem to cure most of the problems.
View Quote
This right here. One of the major problems is with the tolerances of the MIM extractors, and here is why I think that.

I started paying attention to extraction/ejection issues when I had problems with my G19. In a few cases, when the owner was able to get his hands on one, replacing the MIM extractor with an older, machined casting extractor, usually solved the problem. Also, a few reported that when they gently stoned the sides of the MIM extractor, removing just enough metal to say they removed metal, the ejection usually returned to normal. Finally, a few reported removing a very small amount of metal from the pad immediately behind the extractor claw and that, also, solved the problem.

What seems to have happened is that when Glock went to MIM extractors, somehow the dimensions of the extractor got screwed up and some appear to be slightly oversized. Removing very small amounts of metal seems to bring the extractors back into normal tolerances, solving the problem. With the slightly oversized extractor, it is not free to move in the slide cut as it should, which means that it can't properly grip the cartridge case. If it can't properly grip the case, it can't control the case to consistently hit the ejector, which results in erratic ejection as the case hits the ejector in random ways. Free the extractor from binding and you let it properly grip the case, which means it can hit the ejector consistently, which means consistent ejection.

With the new ejectors, you will note that they all have relatively large, flat faces for the case to strike. This helps make the cases strike the ejector more consistently because they are striking a flat face, not a point. Also, as was posted, a small stamped ejector only costs pennies, while an extractor costs a lot more. It is easier and cheaper for Glock to replace ejectors instead of extractors, so they do. Not exactly the best solution (the best solution would be to finally admit there is a fucking problem and fucking fix it!) but, admittedly, getting an updated ejector usually does solve the problem. Typical Glock, refuse to admit there is a problem, quietly make a band aid fix, then never let the public know there is an issue.

Bub75
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]
From my understanding the locking block also plays a role in all of this. When the Gen 4s were built the Gen 3s got the same locking block but there was a slight change in the height of the locking blocks. For the record Glock 43s also have the BTF issue as well. Tolerance stacking is the problem across the board. You can fix this problem by swapping out ejectors or going to a machined ejector like the Apex FRE. In one of my guns, a Vickers 19 I had to use an Apex FRE, non LCI spring loaded bearing, 30274 ejector and a machined locking block from Lone Wolf to get it to eject properly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a 17/5 and 19/5  the new 19 was weak and put empty's here and there, I put the 47021 eject in and its way way better . the new 17/5 has the 30274 and it worked good from day one , maybe because its slide has more mass ???? the 19x comes with 47021 eject and they work great .
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Been trying to find the trigger housing with the 47021 ejector in it all day without having any success. Tried the company listed in the OP and they're out of stock, same with the other places I've found. Anyone have any suggestions of where to look?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I shot 50 more rounds out of my 19.5 today to reaffirm it's still fucked. It is. Initially I used Winchester 124 gr NATO ammo, today I shot Federal 115. Since my problem is only when the magazine is empty, I tried just loading 2 or 3 rounds in the mags and function firing. Like clockwork, ejection sucked with an empty magazine in the gun. It makes me think the problem is somehow related to how much upward pressure is being exerted by a round in the magazine. Regardless, I'm back to being super annoyed especially since my new 3.6" M&P 2.0 Compact is perfect and after a trip to S&W for a new striker and barrel my 4" 2.0 Compact is perfect. I also ran some rounds through my G43 and guess what, it was perfect. I'm calling Smyrna in the morning for another return label and I'll let them try again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#23]
Originally Posted By Vstro:
Been trying to find the trigger housing with the 47021 ejector in it all day without having any success. Tried the company listed in the OP and they're out of stock, same with the other places I've found. Anyone have any suggestions of where to look?
View Quote
Midwest gun Works

Never mid, looks like the are out also but you can sign up for email notification when back in stock. The Glock part number is 47208.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#24]
GunsMidwest has them. The assembly comes with the trigger return spring which is nice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a G19 that has never had an issue.  Shot a couple thousand rounds through it.  Never a problem. It is a Gen 3, bought in mid/late 2000s.  Just bought a used Gen 3 G17 built in the same time-frame that was virtually brand new.  Still had the factory gold grease on the slide.  The owner might have fired a box of ammo through it, but that's it.

I get stove pipes at least once each magazine and like other posters say, the brass goes every where, including BITF.  I looked at both my G19 and my newly purchased G17 - both have the 336 ejector.  After the first two boxes of ammo, I throughly cleaned underneath the extractor.  No difference with the next box.  Still stove piping and BTF.  Not what I want in a defensive handgun.

I shoot a HK USPc in .40 and it has shot several thousands rounds - never a stove pipe and the rounds all eject smartly to the 4 o'clock position.  Glad to have read this thread.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By A7Dave:
I have a G19 that has never had an issue.  Shot a couple thousand rounds through it.  Never a problem. It is a Gen 3, bought in mid/late 2000s.  Just bought a used Gen 3 G17 built in the same time-frame that was virtually brand new.  Still had the factory gold grease on the slide.  The owner might have fired a box of ammo through it, but that's it.

I get stove pipes at least once each magazine and like other posters say, the brass goes every where, including BITF.  I looked at both my G19 and my newly purchased G17 - both have the 336 ejector.  After the first two boxes of ammo, I throughly cleaned underneath the extractor.  No difference with the next box.  Still stove piping and BTF.  Not what I want in a defensive handgun.

I shoot a HK USPc in .40 and it has shot several thousands rounds - never a stove pipe and the rounds all eject smartly to the 4 o'clock position.  Glad to have read this thread.  Thanks guys.
View Quote
What's BITF ? (brass in the face ?)  

It's BTF (brass to face)

If the #47021 ejector doesn't help, you might have to freshen up your springs in that G17.
Including the mag, if it's been sitting around all those years loaded.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#27]
well thanks. have yet to shoot any of my glocks but still picked up a 47021 for each of them just in case i need them. just ordered the trigger housing for the 5th gen and for $7 i don't see why not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone done testing with Apex's Glock extractor, see if that corrects the BTF or weak ejection issues?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buck_Naked] [#29]
Originally Posted By rb889:
Anyone done testing with Apex's Glock extractor, see if that corrects the BTF or weak ejection issues?
View Quote
I had better luck with the 30274 ejector and a Lone Wolf .40 Extractor.... wanting to test it with the 47021 next...
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:44:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for doing this research.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#31]
The 19x ejector has worked great.  Placed in several Gen 3/ Gen 5 9mm pistols and is throwing a consistent right lateral with slight elevation ejection pattern.  Thank you for the information.  Placed in pistols without ejection BTF problems too for the improved ejection pattern.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks OP.  I swapped all 4x of my 30274's with 407021's.  Hopefully, they will cure the erratic ejections on my Gen4's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By GimpsUnlimited:
Thanks OP.  I swapped all 4x of my 30274's with 407021's.  Hopefully, they will cure the erratic ejections on my Gen4's.
View Quote
I have G19/4 and would be interested in hearing back from you later after you determine the results  of swapping out the ejector.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Word to the wise.

I ordered two Gen 5 trigger housings from Brownells, but they were actually 30274's.

I called them today, and they are working on correcting the issue.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for doing the testing (and thanks to the guy bumping the thread). Just ordered these from MI.

View Quote
I'll let you know how the 47021 + FRE combo works.

I can say that the 30274 + Apex FRE was a big improvement over 336. Haven't had any BTF with that combo. The FRE is 8-9x the cost of the 47208 (have to get the non-LCI SLB too).

Haven't actually remembered to test the '1 round with no mag' with the 30274 + FRE combo. I'll test that, and test with the 47021 + FRE combo. Won't have any video though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TimeOnTarget:
Word to the wise.

I ordered two Gen 5 trigger housings from Brownells, but they were actually 30274's.

View Quote
It's not them having the issue. IIRC, the 19X has the 47208 trigger housing with the 47021 ejector.

The standard gen5's have the 33854 housing with the 30274 ejector (which is visible when you look at their posted photo). I don't think Brownells currently carries the 47208 19X housing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Word to the wise.

View Quote
Clearly. 30274 is stamped on it in the picture.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Clearly. 30274 is stamped on it in the picture.
View Quote
I see that now when using the zoom feature. The description says Gen 5.

I have had similar issues with Optics Planet as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Word to the wise.

View Quote
You don't order for Gen 5.
You order Glock Trigger Mechanism Housing #47028
The 47028 housing will contain the 47021 ejector

Brownells does not list the correct housing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Why would anyone want to throw a $60 part at it when it's very likely that a $7.00 part will fix it ???
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#41]
30274 made my BTF issue pretty much go away in my Gen 3. I'm happy with it now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:18:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hi-Vel] [#42]
Lowering the ejection port fixed my Gen 4 M19. Voids the warranty though.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2188-Randy-Lee-s-dissertation-on-erratic-ejection-and-extraction-in-the-Gen-4-Glock-9mm

Our solution is to lower the ejection port, and change the ramp out angle to a 45 degree rather than the steeper factory angle. I designed our barstock extractor and it is in the testing phase.
I also have a prototype ejector.

Magsz donated his problematic Gen 4 19 which I believed he called Satan spawn. Most of our testing has been with Winchester ammunition. The gun was tested before modification and as each new component came online. The lowering of the ejection port was the last operation, as from prior work on competition Glocks I knew would have the greatest impact.

With the lowered ejection port, our extractor and the prototype ejector 400 rounds have been fired without incident, and the ejection is consistent at the 3:00 position regardless of who was shooting the gun.

Today I swapped out the proto ejector and reinstalled the #336 factory part. The result was the same- consistent extraction and ejection being at 3:00 for all three shooters (two left handed shooters and myself) We shot the gun one handed, right and left hands, limp wristed, no pinky support, thumb and middle finger only grip as well as freestyle for 150 rounds.
The brass ejected at 3:00 to the shooter's right side regardless of shooting style or grip strength. NONE, I repeat NONE of the shooters had brass come near their head!

Earlier in this post, I wrote about the accusation of limp wristing being the cause of my problems. I believe that I have confirmed (at least for myself) that it is a fallacy. Properly set up, as long as there is at least 20 pounds behind the gun, a properly designed and executed gun should function, extract and eject without fear of stovepipe or brass hitting the operator.

The downfall of this is that in milling the slide, you void the warranty on your Glock. Ultimately, it is up to you the owner to decide whether it is an acceptable risk.

Until Glock takes a serious look at the ejection port geometry, I fear that problems will plague the Gen 4 guns no matter how many changes to the ejectors and RSAs they make.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:45:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Hi-Vel:

Until Glock takes a serious look at the ejection port geometry, I fear that problems will plague the Gen 4 guns no matter how many changes to the ejectors and RSAs they make.
View Quote
BTF isn't exclusive to Gen 4s.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:

I have G19/4 and would be interested in hearing back from you later after you determine the results  of swapping out the ejector.
View Quote
Took two of my gen4's (G19 & G34) to a local indoor range today.  47021 ejectors functioned perfectly.  I am unable to say for certain if ejection pattern are stable now, as the shooting bay partition prevented me from observing the full trajectory of the spent casings.  But I can confirm that I did not experience any erratic ejections.  I will update once I get a chance to go to a outdoor range.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a G19 mutt. It is a Gen3 frame with a Gen2 top end on it.

Originally it had the 336 ejector in it. Typically when I went to the range I would shoot around 300-350 rounds per trip. I would have 2 or 3 casings hit me in the face.

I swapped in the 30274 ejector and things were much better but the ejection is all over the place - forward, backward, straight up in the air.

I swapped in the 47021 and went to the range yesterday. I was shooting American Eagle 147g ammo. Ejection was consistently @ 3:30 but kind of weak, similar to the OP's video. I have some 115g so next time I go I will see how that shoots.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Where are you getting 30274 ejectors?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BerlinVet:
Where are you getting 30274 ejectors?
View Quote
You can get them anywhere - Brownells, Glockparts.com, etc.

You have to buy the entire trigger housing, Glock part number 30275.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Alright thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 2:03:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:

View Quote
This is all bad info ^^^^

Neither Brownells or Glockparts have the part.
The part number is not 30275

What you need to order is Trigger Mechanism Housing #47208
Installed in that TMH is the new ejector #47021
The ejector is pulled out of TMH #47208 and then installed in your TMH.
This is for 9mm only.

So, simply search on "Glock 47208" and you will find your sellers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 4:40:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#50]
Originally Posted By Direct-Drive:

This is for 9mm only.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Direct-Drive:
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:

This is for 9mm only.

If you actually read the reply that you're replying to, the post (by BerlinVet) that is being replied to, asked where/how to get the 32704 ejector.

The 32704 ejector is in the 33854 trigger housing.

The 47021 ejector is in the 47208 trigger housing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top