Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2022 9:13:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Archer]
Apparently Girsan "gold plated" pistols are NOT gold plated and are actually titanium nitride.

I figured I'd ask them because a lot of vendors list their "Deluxe" editions as "gold plated" but on the EAA website it states that its "gold finish". I contacted them and they confirmed that they are not gold plated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 556Archer:
Apparently Girsan "gold plated" pistols are NOT gold plated and are actually titanium nitride.

I figured I'd ask them because a lot of vendors list their "Deluxe" editions as "gold plated" but on the EAA website it states that its "gold finish". I contacted them and they confirmed that they are not gold plated.
View Quote

Yes, actual gold plate is too soft to actually use on a gun you want to shoot, Magnum research makes a gold plated desert eagle as an option but warns you not to shoot it due to the finish being too fragile for anything more than a decoration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top