Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2019 7:23:55 PM EDT
Just picked up an early P13.45. Sexy gun with full steel outfit. How many people have actually had a frame go flatline on them? I'm asking because, since bidding on this, I've heard the rumors.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got one of the old Canadian P14 examples. Third owner, and the first two shot uspsa like me.  Conservative 30k thru it, and no frame issue.  Loose as hell, runs great and is decently accurate.

Now the slide did come apart right behind the bushing.  The old para sent me a new slide which dropped right on.  But this gun has been shot a lot.

It’ll be fine.  I wouldn’t doubt mine has 50k thru it.  I was loading 45 on a DILLON and loading a lot of it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet. Took possession of my P13 yesterday and like it. Needs a metal trigger though
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:33:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 11:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Genin] [#4]
I built a pair of Canadian steel frame 45acp P-14's for USPSA/IDPA/IPSC, and 3 gun shooting.  I quit counting how many thousands of rounds I put through those guns since they were built decades ago.  Para's were really popular at the department where I worked, and out of all the officers who carried them, only one fellow had an issue with his frame.  It was an alloy P-14 frame, and Para replaced it for free.  He shot the hell out of it after the frame was replaced, and never had any more issues with it.

ETA:  I think the alloy P-14 with the cracked frame was a US made handgun, not an early Canadian one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top