BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 1:18:33 PM EDT
Is it worth a buy NEW @ $270 shipped?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solidus-v1] [#1]
Gun is nice looking and feels good in the hand.

Trigger sucks.

Edit:  Yes, it's worth $270.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI, Loooooooooooooooooong reset.....  seems to me longer than any DA I have ever shot.....

Mine had a TON of scarf in the striker channel, and would not empty a mag until I detail stripped and cleaned (yeah, Im a lazy sack that shoots em out of the box)....

Since a proper cleaning and lube, it has run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a great price for NIB. They usually run around $325-350 in my AO. I have owned multiple Kahrs over the years and currently have a CM 9, and a CW 45. The ONLY problem I have ever had with a Kahr was with one of my 45 mags. It developed a split at the top left rear corner, right in the fold. It was obviously a little too thin when it was made. Called Kahr and they sent me 2 mags as replacement.

IMHO most people who bitch and moan about the triggers have never actually shot one, TOTALLY MISUNDERSTAND the design concept behind it, or have not/will not take the time to train adequately with it.

The guns were designed from the beginning to mimic a DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVER as to the trigger function. With no external safeties, the longer trigger pull is in essence a safety of a sort by requiring a steady, positive, and determined trigger pull. The design works very well. Personally I prefer the Kahr trigger to all of the factory Glock, S&W, Springfield polymer triggers I've shot. They are smooth without all the glitchiness the other guns seem to be cursed with.

Why do you not see aftermarket triggers for the Kahr pistol? Simple. They're not needed. What is needed is for you to buy the gun and then actually take it to the range and shoot the goddam thing enough to be COMPETENT WITH IT. The same as you would do with an actual DA revolver, or any other pistol for that matter.

So yes the gun does have a bit of a learning curve that is different than a lot of other pistols out there. But for those willing to take the time and learn the gun and practice with it, you will have a very reliable, accurate self defense concealed carry gun you can depend on. And do so at a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I owned a CT9 so I'm familiar with the trigger.  Never was an issue for me.  I'm currently sitting on 400rds of 45ACP with nothing to shoot it out of and no one willing to buy the ammo it seems so thought I'd give the CW45 a try as I have a couple 1911 mags sitting here too.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DCopp:
I owned a CT9 so I'm familiar with the trigger.  Never was an issue for me.  I'm currently sitting on 400rds of 45ACP with nothing to shoot it out of and no one willing to buy the ammo it seems so thought I'd give the CW45 a try as I have a couple 1911 mags sitting here too.
View Quote
I was messing around one day and discovered that a 1911 10 round mag wil work in my CW 45. Except for the last round hold open. Was nice to know. Might have to sacrifice a mag follower to see if I can get it to work, or perhaps see if the Kahr follower will work in the CMC mag body. Fo on the gun. You can always sell it to me later
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:23:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun] [#6]
Had one, clean it and shoot 200 rounds of good ball Ammo though it. Clean it and carry it. Mine had no malfunction with Remington golden saber ammo.
The trigger feels like a smooth revolver trigger, just pulling the trigger,not turning the cylinder etc.
It’s the same trigger as the 3rd gen DAO S&W guns.
Gave it to my son.

Fo
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
Had one, clean it and shoot 200 rounds of good ball Ammo though it. Clean it and carry it. Mine had no malfunction with Remington golden saber ammo.
The trigger feels like a smooth revolver trigger, just pulling the trigger,not turning the cylinder etc.
It’s the same trigger as the 3rd gen DAO S&W guns.
Gave it to my son.

Fo
View Quote
I hear ya 3-gun. Always wondered what the hell went south at S&W in re pistols. They perfected the DA and DA/SA triggers in the 3rd generation pistols. Some of the best ever made. Then along comes the Sigma, SV D, M&P etc and the triggers all went to hell.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I have both the cw-9 and the cw.45. They work every single time i pick them up, i have found that once you get used to that long smooth trigger, you also know when it's going to break and ( for me) probably start just pulling back to that point without thinking about it.
Or you can try the kel-tec eraser trick of gluing a new pencil eraser behind the trigger and trim it with a exact-o knife to the point of just making contact as the trigger breaks or just before it breaks, thereby telling you it's about to go off with anymore pressure.

I just got my cw9 out of the safe and yes it will work on this pistol.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
CW45: No issues with reliability by 1k+ fmj and jhps. Just watch out for bad mags that don't lock the slide back after the last round.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have about 600 rounds through my CW45 and have not had any failures in that time. Great affordable option for a small lightweight .45 auto
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
The only problem I have is the slide stop keeps working itself out while shooting! Trigger has a long self defense pull but is super smooth.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
How is the recoil?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Not bad at all.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top