Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 3/27/2018 1:53:04 PM EDT
Acquired a new CM9 last week and have put 150 problem free rounds through the pistol. I noticed pretty quickly that the slide stop lever did not feel spring loaded, rather dead when pushing up to lock the slide back or pushing down to release the slide. I have disassembled the gun for cleaning and on reasessembly made sure the spring sits above the ramp on the slide stop lever but the spring does not feel like it adds any down pressure on the ramp at all even when the slide is removed from the frame.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Figured it out.....no response necessary.....Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you figured it out, what was the actual problem?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Every other pistol I have ever shot with a slide lock lever has a "positive"  feel to the lever where you can feel the pressure of the spring on the lever. On my CM9 the lever is neutral by feel. I assume as long as the spring does not allow the lever to pop up and engage the slide premarurely every time the gun is fired and the slide travels rearward it is doing its job. I am familiar with a gunsmith in a local town and will take the pistol to him soon to see if the spring needs adjustment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The mag follower is doing most of the pushing in these.

Try dropping the slide on an empty mag with the release. It's a stout little bastard.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top