Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2022 9:03:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MINUTEMAN15]
Does anyone know what the slide finish is on the basic black model?  Some guy at SAR told me it was a blued finish that is very corrosion resistant.  In the product guide it says cerakote but SAR tells me that is only on the colored models.  Some product listings I have seen is black oxide.  I don't see how a pistol that has been tested so much would have a basic blued or black oxide finish.  No one at SAR could give me a definite answer.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it is a Melonite finish (but as always I could be wrong).
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Snake-in-the-Grass:
I believe it is a Melonite finish (but as always I could be wrong).
View Quote

I picked it up today and it looks like the finish on my gen 4 glock 19
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snake-in-the-Grass] [#3]
I do not know what the Glock finish is.

I always wanted to get a Glock but after using this SAR9 I do not see how it could be much better (other than mags and accessories are all over the place for Glocks, but I do not plan on making any changes to the SAR9). Trigger is great, it's accurate and reliable, and fits my hand like a glove. I bought extra magazines and that's all I needed.  Now that I have this I see no need to look at Glocks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone who has held one of my SAR9s has fallen in love with the grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top