Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2016 1:18:31 PM EDT
What dealer(s) have the best deal on a new Solo?

Also, if I went used, is there a known serial # to stay above?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude. Do a lot of research on this model, it is plagued with issues. I like sig p938 in this size gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Just say NoNo to the SoLo. All kidding aside, they have issues. I would look elsewhere.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
When the look that nice...
they are probably trouble.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh... I bought a used Solo and have run hundreds of rounds thru it with nary an issue. Great gun that I CCW often.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Solo last Thursday. 7 days later I sent it back to Kimber.  I am not very optimistic that it will come back to me any better.

I figure if Kimber could make it work, they would do that the first time it left the factory.  Why would the second time be any different?

But hey, if you are hell bent on buying a Solo, I will sell you mine in a bout a month to 6 weeks when I get it back...
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Gander in Lewisville TX has one. Nice idiot scratch, and the last round slide open does not work without pushing up on the mag. $600.00.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Maineiac64:
Dude. Do a lot of research on this model, it is plagued with issues. I like sig p938 in this size gun.
View Quote

The 938 is a little wide for pocket carry, for me anyway. I am spoiled with the size of my 380 bodyguard. I want a 9 pocket carry if I can find a quality one small enough. A real holster belt helped significantly with the comfort level of the Glock/Aliengear rig. The 938 might wind up in an Aliengear cloak3. I really want a single stack 9 of some kind. The Solo is small and smooth enough for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never seen or heard of one that worked
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#9]
dont liston to the braindead assholes the solos are good to go we have 4 in our group they work great.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By miniman:

dont liston to the braindead assholes the solos are good to go we have 4 in our group they work great.
View Quote

You're a cheery lad.

Guess how many I have had to send back to kimber. Your small sample size of 4 is nothing. I'd wager none of those has more than 50 down the pipe
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
hey at 60 im hardly a lad and the newest one has around 1400 rds down range i watch you bash kimbers every chance you get its about time you shove a cork in it.oooooh raaaa .
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

That's right, don't liston to ALL the folks saying stay away. Liston to this douche and the 3 guys he claims to speak for...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:58:56 AM EDT
[#13]
hey at 60 im hardly a lad and the newest one has around 1400 rds down range i watch you bash kimbers every chance you get its about time you shove a cork in it.oooooh raaaa .
View Quote

Kimber recommends replacing the recoil assembly every 1000 rounds.  So how many times have you changed them out?  I would assume several since the newest has already been changed once and is half way to the second...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I bash Kimbers for a reason.

They are pieces of overpriced shit. Every fudd with an NRA magazine seems to love them though because of the pretty pictures

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:58:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#15]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
View Quote

I own two. Cripes I get tired of this brand related idiocy on the Internet.  Such bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a Solo CDP.

I've run about 400 rounds thru it to make sure it's GTG, after hearing about all the issues.

I'm not a Kimber fan-boy, I only have the one, but you have to be a real DH or maybe a bored SOB to hang out in a forum for the sole purpose of bashing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Phineas7:
I have a Solo CDP.

I've run about 400 rounds thru it to make sure it's GTG, after hearing about all the issues.

I'm not a Kimber fan-boy, I only have the one, but you have to be a real DH or maybe a bored SOB to hang out in a forum for the sole purpose of bashing.
View Quote

All I can figure is that Kimber (or Taurus, or S&W, or Ruger, etc, etc, etc) raped their dogs, kicked their wives, and stole their trucks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Red_Label:
I own two. Cripes I get tired of this brand related idiocy on the Internet.  Such bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I actually do still own one kimber.

Over the years I have owned 8.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:44:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#19]

View Quote

You should get rid of it. Don't want that piece of shit stinking up your house.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Nah, this one runs like a champ
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I love my solo! If you follow the manual and shoot the recommended ammo and REASSEMBLE it like the manual says then you will have no issues. The one that was sent back to the factory when purchased new was probably broke down by a customer and not reassembled correctly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Squawk1111:
I love my solo! If you follow the manual and shoot the recommended ammo and REASSEMBLE it like the manual says then you will have no issues. The one that was sent back to the factory when purchased new was probably broke down by a customer and not reassembled correctly.
View Quote

I have been researching them, I like the Solo DC, some reviewers call them jam-o-matics but others have reported the jam problem is due a small spring that does not set right during reassembly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Socio:

I have been researching them, I like the Solo DC, some reviewers call them jam-o-matics but others have reported the jam problem is due a small spring that does not set right during reassembly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Socio:
Originally Posted By Squawk1111:

I practice with 124gr FMJ AE red box ammo and have never had a jam. When I clean mine, I make sure it's assembled correctly! It's a great shooter and easy to conceal. I own 3 kimbers and none of them have had any issues (suppressed and unsuppressed). I guess that's rare, or maybe only true Kimber owners are the ones that don't have any issues. If Glock bought Kimber and didn't change one thing, Kimber would immediately become "the best 1911 ever"...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top