Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2018 3:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig]
Please pardon the horrible pic. I spotted this mak at the local Virginia Gun Collectors' Show this weekend and initially thought it was one of the Arsenal Miltex Chrome models. The rounded trigger guard threw me off until further inspection proved it to be an EG produced 1965 model.  The previous owner had the pistol refinished in hard chrome with polished flats and matte rounds. Included were two matte chromed EG magazines, what looks to be a polished chrome Bulgarian mag, and a set of Pearce grips. The included plastic MTM case has labels on each side proclaiming "Berny's Makarov"

I had been looking for a shooter without hideous import marks to save my '63 EG from wear and tear. Although priced higher than current Bulgarian imports, I decided that I was unlikely to see another Makarov set up so nicely. Now I need to get to the range and see how it shoots.

Has anyone tried out the new Mak grips with the built in thumb activated mag release?

Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that is some Commie bling!

I love my Maks
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure I agree with Berny's taste, but a Mak's a Mak.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It is blingy It's a bit better looking after throwing on some original E. German grips. I couldn't warm up to the Pearce's.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Any pics of your '63?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By halfcentaur:
Any pics of your '63?
View Quote
also threw in the E.G. Paratrooper knife

Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The gun is tits!   Love it.
Hoping to buy a Bulgarian Mak soon and have it chromed
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]
If you guys know anyone reasonable for Chroming, please inform.  Some Smiths charge an arm and leg.  perhaps more than the gun itself
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:

also threw in the E.G. Paratrooper knife

http://i66.tinypic.com/35n263p.jpg
View Quote
Nice OP, I'm always be on the hunt for a clean EG!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top