Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2018 5:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Puck]
See bottom of post for update.

They look like the do great work, but wondering how they treated you?  Turn around? etc.
I always thought I would send it off to ATEI, but since they're leaving the 2.0 off their menu of services I need to take my business somewhere.

Love to see some pics of your W.A.R
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, I’ve never heard of them.

I’ve heard good things about DP Customworks (going to get work from DPC when I’ve got some more $$$), ATEi and Mod 1 Firearms.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigBadWolf11B:
Interesting, I’ve never heard of them.

I’ve heard good things about DP Customworks (going to get work from DPC when I’ve got some more $$$), ATEi and Mod 1 Firearms.
View Quote
Take a look.  They do some nice work.

I'll check out DP custom works as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By exotic-toys:

Take a look.  They do some nice work.

I'll check out DP custom works as well.
View Quote
Doug over at DP Custom does phenomenal work. You wont be disappointed if you send a gun to him
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: exotic-toys] [#4]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Doug over at DP Custom does phenomenal work. You wont be disappointed if you send a gun to him
View Quote
Any idea what coating is on the barrel in the DP picture to give it the copper/goldish color? I love it.

My M&P needs love!

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
They look like the do great work, but wondering how they treated you?  Turn around? etc.
I always thought I would send it off to ATEI, but since they're leaving the 2.0 off their menu of services I need to take my business somewhere.

Love to see some pics of your W.A.R
View Quote
What won’t ATEi do for you? My 2.0 Compact is there now and they are installing their sear, radiusing the plunger, front side serrations, adding a rear dovetail, and milling for RMR.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By marcdjudge:

What won’t ATEi do for you? My 2.0 Compact is there now and they are installing their sear, radiusing the plunger, front side serrations, adding a rear dovetail, and milling for RMR.
View Quote
How much on this from ATEi?

These were the mods I want for my 2.0 9C.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BigBadWolf11B:

How much on this from ATEi?

These were the mods I want for my 2.0 9C.
View Quote
All of their prices are listed on their website. They had a New Years sale and offered 10% off. I’ve got several other guns done by them and their work is definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to jump in and send mine to WAR this week.  Their work looks fabulous.... We'll see in a few weeks if it was worth it.

Do any of you run any of the vortex RMRs?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I jumped on a type 2 RMR06 for a lil over $400 a couple weeks ago, so I can’t speak to the Vortex.

But I’m super excited to RMR my 2.0 9C when more $$$ is available, already got some tax money set aside for it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Update:

DWS, WAR, DP - All look to provide some great products.  All respond ASAP when emailing them.  I have to put WAR on hold.. all of my M&P's (2.0 and 1.0 VTAC) are 4.25 Barrel lengths.  The package I want from war needs the 5".  So, typical fashion for me I purchased another 5" 2.0 off the EE last weekend.  Soon as I get some more cash that one will go to WAR to be customized. My black 2.0 is being sent to DWS tomorrow for their MRK IV Package.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Turn Around seems to be on the LONG + side from DWS.  I heard my slide was cut, but no additional info...Thought I would update after close to 10 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Turn Around seems to be on the LONG + side from DWS.  I heard my slide was cut, but no additional info...Thought I would update after close to 10 weeks.
View Quote
Still no info on the slide nor has it been returned to me (almost 8 weeks passed since the  promised date). Feel I may be out cash and the slide at this point.

Buyer beware
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you ever hear anything from them?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
No, I’m out a slide and close to $500.

Going to open complaints with my CC company
tomorrow. I’ll be changing the heading of this post as well.

Those guys are crooks
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quick update:

Dynamic Weapon Solutions out of California should be avoided like the PLAGUE.   I'm officially out my slide for my 2.0 M&P, but PayPal did just award me my $450 I paid for the service.

This company promised my slide back in April and its now July 7, but the process, design & payment all started in January.  Currently, They will not send my parts back so I officially filed a PayPal request to recoup my $450.  Shockingly I was awarded my funds back.  Honestly, I think they lost the slide or can't perform the work.

The Slide was sent USPS priority to DWS.  I'm debating on passing along to the postal inspectors to see if they could shake lose and recover my slide.

I'll add more later, but for now the AR15.com membership should avoid that company.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quick update:

Dynamic Weapon Solutions out of California should be avoided like the PLAGUE.   I'm officially out my slide for my 2.0 M&P, but PayPal did just award me my $450 I paid for the service.

This company promised my slide back in April and its now July 7, but the process, design & payment all started in January.  Currently, They will not send my parts back so I officially filed a PayPal request to recoup my $450.  Shockingly I was awarded my funds back.  Honestly, I think they lost the slide or can't perform the work.

The Slide was sent USPS priority to DWS.  I'm debating on passing along to the postal inspectors to see if they could shake lose and recover my slide.

I'll add more later, but for now the AR15.com membership should avoid that company.
View Quote
Might as well get the postal inspector involved to make yourself whole again
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#17]
might want to contact the local PD in the area, and inform them of stolen gun parts!!! Commie-fornia will jump on that!
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, I'm glad I saw this, I was about to send a slide off, they post on instagram daily, and advertised a 10 week wait time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Wyominer:
Wow, I'm glad I saw this, I was about to send a slide off, they post on instagram daily, and advertised a 10 week wait time.
View Quote
Avoid them like the plague

These guys won’t return my slide. I have every email and every excuse. I assume my slide was sold or lost.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad u got your money from PP, I got screwed out of 400 bucks on tac swap a month ago, and since it was FF I didn't get shit back.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry man, but this is a regular occurrence with DWS. They do some good-looking work if you can ever get it done. I see this a lot on Glock aftermarket pages.

There are too many options now to bother with places like this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sjuhockey10:
@exotic-toys

Any updates?
View Quote
The owner said the were ready to ship it Wednesday and they provided pictures. So, like an idiot I paid. Praying my slide arrives and not some empty box or empty promises like I've received the last 10 months and I'm not another 405$ plus my slide.

So done with these clowns
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Did u get your slide?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I’d like to know if you got your slide back as well. I just sent a CZ slide to jagerwerks, as soon as it’s back I’ll be sending a 2.0 slide to W.A.R.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Gentleman,

The slide is back.  Looks good, but not worth the grief and stress.  I'll post some pics tonight for ya'll.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Was it actually your original slide after 10 months, or did they send you a replacement?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Zirk208:
Was it actually your original slide after 10 months, or did they send you a replacement?
View Quote
LOL... good question.  not much of the original markings are left.  I'll post pics shortly,
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#29]
1. 9 months wait.  2. I honestly wrote this pistol off.  3. I still don't even know if thats my slide.  4. I hate that company. 5. The messages from these jokers

Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow, that's some slide.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By xanadu:
Wow, that's some slide.
View Quote
Was not worth the grief!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not into the whole slide milling thing but the sides actually look pretty neat. At least you can enjoy it now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

I'm not into the whole slide milling thing but the sides actually look pretty neat. At least you can enjoy it now.
View Quote
I don't think I would mill another slide. I like the serrations though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I like it, I've been thinking about picking up a 2.0
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#35]
All that hassle and it doesn't even look any better than stock. Sorry you had to go through this, OP, but live and learn...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top