Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
12/24/2023 5:09:31 PM EDT
I know they made them for a while. I was curious when they made them.
Was it only during the MkI timeframe, or did they make them while the MkVII was being made?
Also, were they in 44 mag only, or did they make them in 357 mag also?

I am for some strange reason really wanting one. However they seem to be very hard to find, even more so than the 10 inch barrels.
Seem like they would be a niche barrel and it would make them either very expensive because of being rare and more demand than availability, or cheap cause hardly anyone wants one.
I know they will not fit my MkXIX slide and I would need a MkI or VII slide, but that is fine.
12/24/2023 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They made one in the single six in the 80’s
12/25/2023 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they made the 14” barrels in .357 Mag. I have a friend who has a couple. And based on the timeframe of some of the ads I recall, they were still being marketed when the MK-VII was in production.
12/25/2023 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the MkI and MkVII bolts interchange like the XIX. (Or are they the same as the XIX?).
So if you had a MkI or MkVII in 44, could you swap the bolt and barrel for the 357 as long as the 357 barrel is also for the MkI and/or MkVII.

I figure finding a 14 inch barrel is going to be quite difficult.
12/25/2023 11:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ][Edited] [#4]
Yes, the MK-I / MK-VII parts are interchangeable between each other.  The differences are mostly cosmetic between the two (different safety levers, etc). There may be some minor differences that cause compatibility issues, but not likely. For example, I had a very early four-digit s/n MK-I that wouldn't accept a MK-XIX slide, even though the frame is supposed to be the same.  But you're not talking about that big of a difference between generations.

And yes, the MK-I / MK-VII will swap barrels & bolts, like the MK-XIX. You are probably aware, the MK-I / MK-VII parts do not interchange with the MK-XIX parts.

I do see the 14" barrels pop up on gunbroker and ebay from time to time. Or I have also seen a full MK-VII top end for sale once or twice. Try searching for parts sets, not just barrels. Sometimes I find them this way.. You just need to keep your eye open for them.

Good luck with your search.
12/26/2023 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Yes, the MK-I / MK-VII parts are interchangeable between each other.  The differences are mostly cosmetic between the two (different safety levers, etc). There may be some minor differences that cause compatibility issues, but not likely. For example, I had a very early four-digit s/n MK-I that wouldn't accept a MK-XIX slide, even though the frame is supposed to be the same.  But you're not talking about that big of a difference between generations.

And yes, the MK-I / MK-VII will swap barrels & bolts, like the MK-XIX. You are probably aware, the MK-I / MK-VII parts do not interchange with the MK-XIX parts.

I do see the 14" barrels pop up on gunbroker and ebay from time to time. Or I have also seen a full MK-VII top end for sale once or twice. Try searching for parts sets, not just barrels. Sometimes I find them this way.. You just need to keep your eye open for them.

Good luck with your search.
View Quote


Yep I know about the MkXIX barrel/slide not interchanging with the MkI/VII. I used to have a MkVII 44 mag and ended up selling it to buy my current one, because I wanted the XIX interchangeability.
I know the frames are all "supposed" to be the same (sad to hear some may not be), but was not sure if the MkI/VII bolts were different from the MkXIX bolts or not, seeing how the slides and barrels are different.

I would like to start out with the 44, but if I see a 357 for a reasonable price, I will not pass it up.
I will keep a eye out on ebay and gunbroker. Sadly I have not had much luck finding parts like this on either one.

I did see a MkVII with the 6 in and 14 in barrels on sale online, but the guy wanted $2500 for it. I offered to buy just the 14in barrel, he said make a offer, so I offered 500, he turned it down, I told him to tell me how much he wanted, but he never responded.
12/26/2023 1:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ][Edited] [#6]
I can’t comment on the .44 specifically, but the shaft of the .357 bolt was a smaller diameter on the MK-I than on the MK-XIX
12/26/2023 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
I can’t comment on the .44 specifically, but the shaft of the .357 bolt was a smaller diameter on the MK-I than on the MK-XIX
View Quote


Good to know.
1/12/2024 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I bought a MkI. It came with a 6in 44 mag barrel and slide, as well as a 6in 357 barrel and slide.

I tore everything down and compared a lot of things.

The 357 barrel and slide are both smaller than the 44. The bolt shaft diameter is smaller than the 44.
The 357 slide, the gas piston is attached with a roll pin and the recoil spring assembly does not have the nub to retain the piston. This could just be a early model thing.
The 44 piston is just like all the rest of the Mk VII's and XIX's where it is retained by the nub on recoil spring assembly.

The MkVII 44 mag bolt is identical to the bolt in my XIX 44/50 and they interchange.

I am pretty sure the 357 barrel/slide are original to this frame and the 44 barrel/slide were purchased at a later date.
I contacted MRI and they did not find my exact serial number, but found one 8 numbers away and it was made in 1988.

This is desert eagle #3 for me. It will be my 14 inch barrel host (when I find them).
1/14/2024 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Look what just showed up yesterday:



44 mag 14 inch barrel.
Found a guy on armslist selling a DE with the 6in barrel and this barrel also. I messaged him and asked if he would sell just the 14in barrel. We worked out a deal and it is now mine.

I tested it on my newly acquired MkI and it fits perfectly. I also test fitted the optics rail I have. I have managed to come up with 3 of them. Two came with my MkI and the 3rd I bought from a member here.
Now the fun part, trying to find a 357 mag 14in barrel!
If anyone runs across one LET ME KNOW! While I would prefer black, I would take any finish/color.

1/23/2024 4:44:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98][Edited] [#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
Look what just showed up yesterday:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53463618675_5b8ca62c13_b.jpg

44 mag 14 inch barrel.
Found a guy on armslist selling a DE with the 6in barrel and this barrel also. I messaged him and asked if he would sell just the 14in barrel. We worked out a deal and it is now mine.

I tested it on my newly acquired MkI and it fits perfectly. I also test fitted the optics rail I have. I have managed to come up with 3 of them. Two came with my MkI and the 3rd I bought from a member here.
Now the fun part, trying to find a 357 mag 14in barrel!
If anyone runs across one LET ME KNOW! While I would prefer black, I would take any finish/color.

View Quote

that 14" barrel looks soooo gooood.  dang!

makes my 10" barrel look like a stubby compact.


1/23/2024 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

that 14" barrel looks soooo gooood.  dang!

makes my 10" barrel look like a stubby compact.
View Quote


Kinda with they had not stopped making them.
However I figure the market for them was extremely low and they probably did not sell very well.
Too bad you can not special order them (or other custom lengths).
4/1/2024 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
Look what just showed up yesterday:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53463618675_5b8ca62c13_b.jpg

44 mag 14 inch barrel.
Found a guy on armslist selling a DE with the 6in barrel and this barrel also. I messaged him and asked if he would sell just the 14in barrel. We worked out a deal and it is now mine.

I tested it on my newly acquired MkI and it fits perfectly. I also test fitted the optics rail I have. I have managed to come up with 3 of them. Two came with my MkI and the 3rd I bought from a member here.
Now the fun part, trying to find a 357 mag 14in barrel!
If anyone runs across one LET ME KNOW! While I would prefer black, I would take any finish/color.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53463513744_97d49c017d_b.jpg
View Quote



I’m super jealous.   I really want to find one of these.  I it’s about the only one I don’t own besides a .41
4/2/2024 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:



I’m super jealous.   I really want to find one of these.  I it’s about the only one I don’t own besides a .41
View Quote


You have a 14 inch 357 barrel?
I'm jealous over that! I am still looking for one.
4/2/2024 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:


You have a 14 inch 357 barrel?
I'm jealous over that! I am still looking for one.
View Quote



Yea.  I have a 14” 357.  I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you if you do for me!
4/2/2024 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:



Yea.  I have a 14” 357.  I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you if you do for me!
View Quote


Will do.
So far the one I bought has been the only one I have come across. But I still continue to look.
4/2/2024 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:  Look what just showed up yesterday:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53463618675_5b8ca62c13_b.jpg

44 mag 14 inch barrel.
Found a guy on armslist selling a DE with the 6in barrel and this barrel also. I messaged him and asked if he would sell just the 14in barrel. We worked out a deal and it is now mine.

I tested it on my newly acquired MkI and it fits perfectly. I also test fitted the optics rail I have. I have managed to come up with 3 of them. Two came with my MkI and the 3rd I bought from a member here.
Now the fun part, trying to find a 357 mag 14in barrel!
If anyone runs across one LET ME KNOW! While I would prefer black, I would take any finish/color.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53463513744_97d49c017d_b.jpg
View Quote


That would look really good w/ a 2" P&W flashhider/can mount & a stock.  
Death to quislings.
4/2/2024 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
That would look really good w/ a 2" P&W flashhider/can mount & a stock.  
View Quote

If you're going that far, just SBR it. A flash hider would ruin the sleek lines.
4/2/2024 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:  

If you're going that far, just SBR it. A flash hider would ruin the sleek lines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:  
Originally Posted By backbencher:
That would look really good w/ a 2" P&W flashhider/can mount & a stock.  


If you're going that far, just SBR it. A flash hider would ruin the sleek lines.


If you're going to SBR it, you probably want the 10" barrel, not the 14".  
Death to quislings.
4/3/2024 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:


That would look really good w/ a 2" P&W flashhider/can mount & a stock.  
View Quote


I can neither confirm or deny anything.....
4/3/2024 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:


I can neither confirm or deny anything.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  That would look really good w/ a 2" P&W flashhider/can mount & a stock.  


I can neither confirm or deny anything.....


http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html

barrel length Cor Bon
110 gr.
JHP Cor Bon
125 gr.
JHP
Cor Bon
140 gr.
JHP Cor Bon
125 gr.
DPX Federal
125 gr.
JHP Federal
158 gr.
JHP Federal
130 gr.
Hydra-Shok
JHP
low recoil Federal
158 gr.
Hydra-Shok
JHP
18" 1718 2113 1941 1936 2072 1719 2017 1721
17" 1686 2067 1947 1907 2026 1689 2009 1712
16" 1790 2119 2004 1946 2051 1739 2044 1741
15" 1728 2069 1942 1915 2032 1708 2012 1718
14" 1691 2054 1933 1897 2017 1732 1993 1715
Death to quislings.
4/30/2024 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Just a heads-up, there is a 14” .357 barrel on eBay at the moment.

Asking price is far more than I would care to pay. But just passing along in case someone just has to have one. Or possibly you can reach out to the seller and negotiate a better price.
4/30/2024 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Just a heads-up, there is a 14” .357 barrel on eBay at the moment.

Asking price is far more than I would care to pay. But just passing along in case someone just has to have one. Or possibly you can reach out to the seller and negotiate a better price.
View Quote


HO LEE SHIT

I want one, but no way I am paying $2200.
That is as much as a complete gun with multiple barrels, in fact, that is what I paid for the Mk I pictured above that came with barrels and complete slides in both 44 and 357.
I only gave $750 for my 14 inch 44 mag barrel.
5/1/2024 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
HO LEE SHIT
View Quote

Yeah, just slightly optimistic.
5/26/2024 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Just showed up yesterday:






And no, this is not the one from ebay.

This one was advertised as used, pictures looked to be in really good shape.
Once I got it out of the shipping box and looked it over, I looked down the bore and was like, dang this thing is nasty. I take it to the work room and get it in some better light and realize it is cosmoline! It is in the bore, chamber and bolt lug recess.
Holy crap, this thing is brand new never fired. I go back to the box it came in and found the paper it was wrapped in I thought was something the shipper put on it, is actually the factory wrapping and it had the sticker in it too with the part numbers.
5/26/2024 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Shot both of the 14 inch barrels today.
Quite fun and very interesting.

When compared to the 6 inch barrels:
The 44 had more recoil and the 357 had less.

44 on the left, 357 on the right. 10 rounds each.
Standing unsupported at 18 yards.
I am far from a expert pistol marksman, so group sized reflect that. The bullet hole in the center right of the right target, is actually from a different gun from the target next to it, so not a flier.
Also the 357 MkI slide has a adjustable sight and it was shooting real low with the 6in barrel too. So I need to take some time and readjust it.

9/15/2024 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Please tell me someone here saw this and snagged it.

I really wish I’d have seen it.

9/15/2024 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Please tell me someone here saw this and snagged it.

I really wish I’d have seen it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55694/IMG_4668-3323518.png
View Quote


Holy crap! Someone had NO idea what they had.
If I had seen it I would have snagged it in a heartbeat at that price.
Since I found the two I have now, I stopped looking, so I missed that one getting listed.
9/15/2024 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Please tell me someone here saw this and snagged it.

I really wish I’d have seen it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55694/IMG_4668-3323518.png
View Quote

Yeah, I lucked out by seeing that in the middle of the night because of jet lag.

Now I need to find a decent MkI or MkVII to put the barrel on...
9/16/2024 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

Yeah, I lucked out by seeing that in the middle of the night because of jet lag.

Now I need to find a decent MkI or MkVII to put the barrel on...
View Quote

Well done!

You snagged a deal.
9/16/2024 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

Yeah, I lucked out by seeing that in the middle of the night because of jet lag.

Now I need to find a decent MkI or MkVII to put the barrel on...
View Quote


Nice score! I can not believe how cheaply they had that listed.
You have the hard part down, finding a MkI or VII to put it on is the easy part.
9/16/2024 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:

Well done!

You snagged a deal.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:


Nice score! I can not believe how cheaply they had that listed.
You have the hard part down, finding a MkI or VII to put it on is the easy part.
View Quote

Cheers!
9/16/2024 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I need to shoot mine some more. I have not shot them since I posted the pictures of the targets above.
I have been so busy with so many other projects.
I built a heavy barrel Ruger 77/22 in 22 mag, have 3 different 1911 builds going, a mosin nagant heavy barrel rifle I am building (almost done), lots of other new gun purchases and load developments with them, as well as lots of reloading and life in general.
9/16/2024 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
I need to shoot mine some more. I have not shot them since I posted the pictures of the targets above.
View Quote

I saw a photo one time of an extended DE barrel with a clamp-on bipod. Looked pretty slick, and would be just the thing for shooting from the bench.
9/17/2024 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:

I saw a photo one time of an extended DE barrel with a clamp-on bipod. Looked pretty slick, and would be just the thing for shooting from the bench.
View Quote


I wonder how that worked? The barrels are not round and pretty tapered.
Also, wonder how much that would effect the POA-POI.
4/21/2025 1:53:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J][Edited] [#35]
[Deleted]
4/21/2025 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#36]
@Cowhnd

You'll need to post that ad in the Equipment Exchange, what we refer to as the EE:

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/userInfoEE.html

Probably want to edit your previous post & remove your email and offer to sell in the Tech forum.  We don't do that here.
I sell firearms produced by the finest child labor in the world, be it Filipino, Muslim, Mormon, Arizonan, or Texan.
4/21/2025 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
@Cowhnd

You'll need to post that ad in the Equipment Exchange, what we refer to as the EE:

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/userInfoEE.html

Probably want to edit your previous post & remove your email and offer to sell in the Tech forum.  We don't do that here.
View Quote

i see folks violating that rule all the time, especially in the clone threads.  just an observation.
4/21/2025 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

i see folks violating that rule all the time, especially in the clone threads.  just an observation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
Originally Posted By backbencher:
@Cowhnd

You'll need to post that ad in the Equipment Exchange, what we refer to as the EE:

https://www.ar15.com/exchange/userInfoEE.html

Probably want to edit your previous post & remove your email and offer to sell in the Tech forum.  We don't do that here.

i see folks violating that rule all the time, especially in the clone threads.  just an observation.

And they get warned for it whenever its reported.
Life is too short to drive boring cars.
4/22/2025 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok thank you ,already got the chewing from the other side my mistake as everyone is allowed at least one mistake a year
5/9/2025 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#40]
I am almost ashamed to say that I have not shot the 14in since the post where I posted pictures.
I have just been super busy with work, life, and other projects/builds.
However I am getting the itch to break it back out.
I would like to get some type of red dot to put on it. I do not want one of those tiny red dots you see on 9mm's. I prefer something with a larger viewing window.
I am just curious about what can hold up to the recoil and not break after just a few rounds.
5/12/2025 11:51:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_rabid][Edited] [#41]
I put the vortex defender st on mine.

https://imgur.com/a/rHnTvNv
5/12/2025 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gone_rabid:  I put the vortex defender st on mine.

https://imgur.com/a/rHnTvNv
View Quote


I sell firearms produced by the finest child labor in the world, be it Filipino, Muslim, Mormon, Arizonan, or Texan.
5/12/2025 12:10:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98][Edited] [#43]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
I would like to get some type of red dot to put on it. I do not want one of those tiny red dots you see on 9mm's. I prefer something with a larger viewing window.
I am just curious about what can hold up to the recoil and not break after just a few rounds.
View Quote


i think it depends on where you mount the optic.

since you're mounting the optic to the barrel, the barrel itself is stationary, i.e. not cycling while recoiling, it experiences less shock.

if you were to mount it to the slide, rear-sight notch, that experience full-cycling, and will hammer the optic more so.

I had a spare Trijicon MRO laying around, so I used that on a 44 Magnum 10" barrel.  on the pic, the lens covers kept flying open, so I had to tie-wrap those (or cut them off), they're part of the optic rubber armor cover.

on my 6" barrel (44 Mag), I used a regular Trijicon RMR.

it's my Desert Eagle, so, not exactly "hundreds-of-rounds fired" gun.



5/12/2025 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
i think it depends on where you mount the optic.

since you're mounting the optic to the barrel, the barrel itself is stationary, i.e. not cycling while recoiling, it experiences less shock.
View Quote

One would think so.  Apparently they still see a fair amount of shock even when mounted on the barrel.  

I didn't notice it right away, but this Bushnell TRS-25 cracked a lens some time in the first two magazines.  And I was shooting the "mild" .357 Mag from a ported barrel.  The rear lens cracked, but the optic still seems to work fine.  But now it lives on a nice, easy .22 rifle.



5/13/2025 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Been looking at the matchdot.
They seem to have pretty good reviews for holding up on magnum handguns.
The 30mm version should have a pretty decent viewing window.
5/15/2025 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a couple of the ultra dot optics. One on a 10" 50AE and one on a 10" 44 mag. They work great. I don't have the "match" though.

There is an issue with them on this installation but it's just esthetics. The piston gas escapes from under the barrel when the slide cycles. The heat/gasses goes up the side and discolors the plastic dot intensity knob. The polished finish barrels show this flow path after going through one mag but it's easily wiped off. The plastic on the dot... not so much.

I really don't see anything sitting in this spot and not getting this problem though.
5/28/2025 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I found someone selling a untradot gen 1 30mm used on another site and ended up picking it up.
Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can give it a try.
6/1/2025 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Got the dot mounted and gave it a try.
This has never happened to me before on any optic ever in my life, but when I shot it, it was almost dead on. Only a couple clicks of elevation and windage.

I only had a chance to shoot it at 18 yards. Just to zero it in. I did not have much time as I had 100 rounds between 3 different rifles to test also.
So once I got it zeroed, I just plinked with the rest of the 50 round box.
I liked the ultradot, seems to fit it pretty well. Only a little under 50 rounds through it, but it seems to be holding up ok.

I even put the 6in barrel on it and compared velocities just to see. Load is a basic plinking load of 25gr of H110 under a 200gr extreme plated fmj-fp.
6in barrel was 1265 fps
14in barrel was 1646 fps



6/3/2025 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
Got the dot mounted and gave it a try.
This has never happened to me before on any optic ever in my life, but when I shot it, it was almost dead on. Only a couple clicks of elevation and windage.

I only had a chance to shoot it at 18 yards. Just to zero it in. I did not have much time as I had 100 rounds between 3 different rifles to test also.
So once I got it zeroed, I just plinked with the rest of the 50 round box.
I liked the ultradot, seems to fit it pretty well. Only a little under 50 rounds through it, but it seems to be holding up ok.

I even put the 6in barrel on it and compared velocities just to see. Load is a basic plinking load of 25gr of H110 under a 200gr extreme plated fmj-fp.
6in barrel was 1265 fps
14in barrel was 1646 fps

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54561634548_60eff801e9_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54561724260_de5e1f480e_b.jpg
View Quote


I didn't even realize that was going on your old school model. With the ultra dot mounted on the dove tail adapter it's probably high enough out of the way the knob won't discolor like mine have.
6/3/2025 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:


I didn't even realize that was going on your old school model. With the ultra dot mounted on the dove tail adapter it's probably high enough out of the way the knob won't discolor like mine have.
View Quote


Yea the 14in barrels only fit the MkI and MkVII models. Will not fit the MkXIX.

This dot also has a sun shade on it, you can see the line in front of the front ring. So hopefully that also helps shield it from gas.
It is still clean and clear at a little under 50 rounds.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In