BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wondered about this project as I was shooting my Schofield the other day.

Thanks for the update.
View Quote

These things always take longer than I would hope, it’s just out of my hands. But it is still happening!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_05/54A60D0F-A670-4762-9F6C-925973D94874.jpeg.69f223953454ebc1c045fb84b70d8802.jpeg

Rough shaping of the handguard is finished and the ‘smith has my go-ahead to start drilling into the revolver. When it’s actually mounted it’ll sit a bit lower on the gun and the sharp corners will be smoothed out but major progress is happening!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Gunsmith called, the revolver is ready for final inspection and approval before the shroud gets sent off for cerakote. I’ll be going in a bit later today to take a look and will get plenty of pics!
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]

FUCK. YES.

My gunsmith did an amazing job with this, it’s solid as a rock and looks fantastic. The shroud and new hardware will be going off tomorrow to get refinished, and then it’ll be all done but for the shooting.

I did also make a stop at the local Cabela’s and grabbed a little ammo for this monster.

This is still mostly intended to just be a fun display project and I doubt I’ll put more than a few dozen rounds through the gun per year, but it’s absolutely going to remain a functional gun when all said and done.

Nearing the finish line now!
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I dig that!  The ammo attachment is cool
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dig that!  The ammo attachment is cool
View Quote

The spare ammo carriers will go on the side of the shroud, like the ever popular tactical lever-action rifles get these days:

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The spare ammo carriers will go on the side of the shroud, like the ever popular tactical lever-action rifles get these days:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/m2-1.jpg
View Quote

Oh I figured that out.

I was wondering what the plan was for all those slots until I saw the ammo, and then realized it'd be awesome
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think you should wrap the grip in athletic tape
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/Book_of_eli_poster_jpg-2283278.JPG
View Quote

I am actually considering this route more heavily. I think it’d be a nice way to complete the overall aesthetic while still being fairly functional. And if I don’t like it I can just take it off
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
It's got a definite 'Firefly' vibe, and that's never a bad thing.

I'd love to see some video of it getting shot when you're all done.

Larry
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's got a definite 'Firefly' vibe, and that's never a bad thing.

I'd love to see some video of it getting shot when you're all done.

Larry
View Quote

There will be many pictures and videos once I get the completed build back from my gunsmith
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you put a lanyard loop on it, and go full Tuco?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I could get it drilled and tapped, but if it gets a lanyard loop it’s getting charms, not a lanyard.

Lanyard loop? Charm circle
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m honestly getting super hyped to get this gun back soon It’s gonna be awesome
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus wept.

At least make it all Steam Punky.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Jesus wept.

At least make it all Steam Punky.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/SP_Luger_JPG-2414039.jpg
View Quote

This one’s Cyberpunk. The Knucklegun is more Steampunk
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#16]
How did I miss this thread.

Op I really love your projects

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How did I miss this thread.

Op I really love your projects

View Quote

Thank you! There will be more to come
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Update call from the gunsmith - the Cerakote applier that they use caught the ‘rona and was out of commission for a short while. The ‘smith says he should be getting the parts back the end of this week and it should be ready for pickup next week!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I want to hate it, I really do, but....

Have you decided on a sight yet?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want to hate it, I really do, but....

Have you decided on a sight yet?
View Quote

I’ve got a Holosun 506 waiting to go on the gun when I get it back:

Just a rough mock-up when I first got the handguard in but should give a decent sense of what it’ll look like
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I could get it drilled and tapped, but if it gets a lanyard loop it’s getting charms, not a lanyard.

https://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/yp_530a3849589a04.38370480/Sucker-Punch-Babydoll-Pistol-1.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/yp_530a3849589a04.38370480/Sucker-Punch-Babydoll-Pistol-1.jpg

I think I saw "gun charms" for the first and only time in the movie "Sucker Punch".  Is this a thing now?

I may or may not be thinking about putting charms on my Beretta 92 lol.  Not really, it's an HD gun so nothing goofy.  Would look great with the pink Hogue grips though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:46:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think I saw "gun charms" for the first and only time in the movie "Sucker Punch".  Is this a thing now?

I may or may not be thinking about putting charms on my Beretta 92 lol.  Not really, it's an HD gun so nothing goofy.  Would look great with the pink Hogue grips though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been multiple threads on it already:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The-Official-Gun-Charm-Thread/5-2402599/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Do-you-think-Charms-on-guns-will-ever-become-a-real-life-thing-/5-2293835/
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Can't wait to see it.

Also....IDK if it's your jam but hitting up the OP on this thread for some scrollwork might make it look cool https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Back-to-scratching-up-guns-Model-10-MandP-French-Grey-attempt-Finished-/187-2550018/
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#26]
In this thread we celebrate sacrilege:

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope you name it Vera
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hope you name it Vera
View Quote

“This is my very favorite gun
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay, that looks WAY BETTER than I was expecting!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Okay, that looks WAY BETTER than I was expecting!
View Quote

That’s always a plus!

I will say, I’m not completely set on the current sight. I may try swapping it for an Eotech/510-type optic at some point in the future. The 506 just sits really high up, throws the visual balance off a bit
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:54:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Fucking awesome
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#33]

She’s a hefty bitch
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Needs an Eotech/lighter optic, light with pressure switch, and a threaded barrel
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Needs an Eotech/lighter optic, light with pressure switch, and a threaded barrel
View Quote

I am thinking I’ll change out the optic to an Eotech/holographic-type sight. The current one sits a little too high and throws off the visual balance of the gun
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Wonder how it would look with a low mount ring that brings the optic down to just a few mm above the rail?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wonder how it would look with a low mount ring that brings the optic down to just a few mm above the rail?
View Quote

That’s another option. I’ll be taking a look at both options this weekend when I take it to the range
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Alright, so I have come to the decision to change the optic on the Schofield as the current high-mounted tube-style sight isn’t working for me from a visual standpoint. I’ve decided I want to try to go with a more Eotech-style optic. Here’s where I need help - which one should I get? Currently looking at these options:

- Vortex UH-1 Gen2
- Holosun 512C
- Eotech EXPS
- Sig Sauer Romeo8

Are there any other options in this style I should be considering? Right now I’m leaning fairly heavily towards the 512C, for the solar backup and cause it’s significantly more affordable. Plus it’s still fun to piss off the purists by adding a rail and optic and piss off the tactical nerds by using a Chy-nah dot.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Alright, so I have come to the decision to change the optic on the Schofield as the current high-mounted tube-style sight isn’t working for me from a visual standpoint. I’ve decided I want to try to go with a more Eotech-style optic. Here’s where I need help - which one should I get? Currently looking at these options:

- Vortex UH-1 Gen2
- Holosun 512C
- Eotech EXPS
- Sig Sauer Romeo8

Are there any other options in this style I should be considering? Right now I’m leaning fairly heavily towards the 512C, for the solar backup and cause it’s significantly more affordable. Plus it’s still fun to piss off the purists by adding a rail and optic and piss off the tactical nerds by using a Chy-nah dot.

Any suggestions?
View Quote

I'd go with the holosun. Its affordable, functional, and will piss people off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Screw it. HE512T-GR ordered
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll begrudgingly admit that I don't hate it. It's growing on me now that I see it with the rail mounted to it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'll begrudgingly admit that I don't hate it. It's growing on me now that I see it with the rail mounted to it.
View Quote

I did say the theme I was going for was “I want to hate it, but…”
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:45:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

That last one being most important of course
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Rainier Arms is on it, 512 confirmed shipped
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it’s not not important
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#46]
My only concern would be wearing out the latch quicker because of the heavier weight.  I would have gone with a smaller red dot, but it does look like something out of a Sci-fi movie.  It turned out looking good in my opinion.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My only concern would be wearing out the latch quicker because of the heavier weight.  I would have gone with a smaller red dot, but it does look like something out of a Sci-fi movie.  It turned out looking good in my opinion.  Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

Honestly I share your concern. If this gun were being built to actually be used I wouldn’t have considered putting all this extra weight on the front end of the gun and extra stress on the latch. This gun was made to be functional, but not practical. At most I’ll be putting several dozen rounds through it per year but beyond that it’s a safe queen and display piece.

The red dot is being changed, although still for a rifle/carbine 512 optic. It should help the visual balance a bit getting rid of the super tall cantilever mount
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Uberti lists the stock Hardin model Schofield at 2.6 lbs, or 41.6 oz.

?This is…Slightly more. 4 lbs 6.5 oz or 70.5 oz. For reference, a Mk XIX Desert Eagle in 50AE is listed around 69.8 oz.

So much for needing the Knucklegun, I can just pummel somebody with this anchor when it’s empty
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#49]
@Seven-Shooter get in here and regale yourself of the monster you helped inspire. This gun wouldn’t be here without you sir!
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@Seven-Shooter get in here and regale yourself of the monster you helped inspire. This gun wouldn't be here without you sir!
View Quote

Oh, I've been admiring, believe you me.

I'm in the process of rechambering my Garand for .308, but I've thought about buying another to tankerize in .308 with an Ultimak rail.  

If I can bring about additional function over form, I am very rarely against applying modern tech to older designs.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top