Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2024 12:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher]
The last time the NRA was in Dallas, we tried to get one of our own on the board.  Any chances this year?

ETA:  Looks like:

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/nra-board-elections-support-the-four-for-reform-candidates/

Jeff Knox, Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, and Dennis Fusaro
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Doubtful. The board is contaminated with Wayne's bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
No. What a laughing stock.
It's amazing the heat we took from our own side for calling out the corrupt board and WLP. The threads here were spot on and some of us got warnings and bans. We had members here that ran(worked hard) for the board and truly wanted to fix those cock suckers and retrospectively what a fucking gift that they didn't get elected. Didn't even have a chance because every one of those cock sucking fucks were up to no good. Shame on them and the lies. They stole from many of us over the years and and gave the gun industry a black eye.
I wish @Beekeeper1 were here to enjoy the fallout and the "I told you so" threads. Fuck you NRA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The way the rules have been changed to put candidates on the ballot make it doubtful.
Current board puts people on the ballot easily, the rules for the members to put people on the ballot make it almost impossible due to the very short timeframe to get physical signatures to put someone on the ballot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#4]
It’s dead, man, let it go. I believe the self inflicted damage is irreparable at this point. As the 60+ age population die off, so will what was known as the NRA and it will be no more. Save your money for 2A groups that are actually grinding out there

ETA: and I say that as a lifetime member since 1996. I haven’t given them a penny in the last two decades and their junk mail, including their magazine, go straight into the trash.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Just because Wayne does not show up every morning does not mean he isn't still running the thing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:  Just because Wayne does not show up every morning does not mean he isn't still running the thing.
View Quote

He's still be doing so after he's dead if we don't figure out how to replace his hand picked board.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The NRA is just like the FBI, our tax system, the medical/insurance system, etc., etc., etc.  There is no repairing it. There is only absolute failure, dismantle, and rebuild from the ground up.

The NRA is gone and dead.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Wayne wasn't a board member. He was an employee hired by the board to run the organization.

The chief executive serves at the pleasure of the board, but the chief executive controls the organization and has tremendous influence over the nominating process for the board elections. Any chief executive with skills is going to be able to stack the board to ensure his own survival.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
No...the other board members will choise someone who will continue the theft.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Only one mission for the NRA, everything else is BS! Repeal the NFA and Hughes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:  No...the other board members will choise someone who will continue the theft.
View Quote

Given they're exposed to prosecution by New York by doing so, I think some may want to fly the straight and narrow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Given they're exposed to prosecution by New York by doing so, I think some may want to fly the straight and narrow.
View Quote

We will know at the next election. If they change the rules back to having board candidates be nominated by the actual members then they want to return control of the NRA to the members. If they don't and continue to nominate themselves and make it almost impossible for the members to nominate people for the board then they will hire someone who will continue the theft.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JustDaniel:
It's dead, man, let it go. I believe the self inflicted damage is irreparable at this point. As the 60+ age population die off, so will what was known as the NRA and it will be no more. Save your money for 2A groups that are actually grinding out there

ETA: and I say that as a lifetime member since 1996. I haven't given them a penny in the last two decades and their junk mail, including their magazine, go straight into the trash.
View Quote
SAME
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone worth voting for?  I see the Nominating committee nominated 30 ppl, there are 34 on the ballot.  And what's this NRA Bylaws amendment?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By d16man:  That didn't work so well last time.
View Quote

Wayne was in charge then.  He's out.  If we're going to save the ship we need to start now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NAM:  Fuck the NRA.
View Quote

Wayne's gone, dude.  You still not own any Rugers?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
@jeffb1911
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#21]
This feels a lot like doing CPR on a resuscitation dummy and expecting it to survive. I've been searching for another organization to obtain well recognized instructor certifications through so I can let my NRA credentials laps for good. It would be nice to see the organization rebound but I just don't see it. The deck is stacked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#22]
What happened with the trial? I saw jury deliberations started, have they been deliberating a week?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
This feels a lot like doing CPR on a resuscitation dummy and expecting it to survive. I've been searching for another organization to obtain well recognized instructor certifications through so I can let my NRA credentials laps for good. It would be nice to see the organization rebound but I just don't see it. The deck is stacked.
View Quote

Think of it as trying to help a friend recover from cancer after surgery removed the major tumor, and you're the radiologist.  We don't know yet if the tumor metastasized or not.  Our friend may recover now that the tumor has been removed, or not.  But we owe it to him and to his former capabilities to at least try.  If he can recover to his former strength, he could be a powerful force for good in the world.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Anyone worth voting for?  I see the Nominating committee nominated 30 ppl, there are 34 on the ballot.  And what's this NRA Bylaws amendment?
View Quote

Are the current bylaws even available? They had them in the website in the late 1990s. Then, by 2010 or so, I noticed they were gone. Just fluff. No info on the board members and employees. No org charts. No bylaws. Plenty of slick marketing stuff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#25]
https://apnews.com/article/nra-wayne-lapierre-trial-ruling-d4d9b950ee2cbd63380826eb2bf210e6
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ButchA61:  https://apnews.com/article/nra-wayne-lapierre-trial-ruling-d4d9b950ee2cbd63380826eb2bf210e6
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ButchA61:  https://apnews.com/article/nra-wayne-lapierre-trial-ruling-d4d9b950ee2cbd63380826eb2bf210e6

https://apnews.com/article/nra-wayne-lapierre-trial-ruling-d4d9b950ee2cbd63380826eb2bf210e6

NEW YORK (AP) — The longtime head of the National Rifle Association, Wayne LaPierre, misspent millions of dollars of the organization’s money, using the funds to pay for an extravagant lifestyle that included exotic getaways and trips on private planes and superyachts, a New York jury determined Friday.

The jury found LaPierre, 74, must repay almost $4.4 million to the powerful gun rights group that he led for three decades, while the NRA’s retired finance chief, Wilson Phillips, owes $2 million. Jurors also found that the NRA failed to properly manage its assets, omitted or misrepresented information in its tax filings and violated whistleblower protections under New York law.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top