Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2023 6:25:58 PM EDT
Will be installed as WM here in TX on 7/8.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations Backnblack, it’s a well deserved honor I am sure.

Good luck to both of you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been asked to go into the Grand Commandery line five or six times. The last time I replied to the incoming Grand Commander with “No” in 20 languages. I’m the Deputy Grand Governor of York Rite Sovereign College for Wisconsin. After I’m done with Grand Governor I’ll be done with lines. I’ve done my bit. It’s time for the kids to take the reins. I like sitting on the sidelines and complaining.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not but wanted to say congratulations on moving to the East!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations, I have a long way to go. I just got passed to FC last week.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations on your pending advancement. None for me - I'll remain as Chaplain next year if they'll have me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sladekal:
Congratulations, I have a long way to go. I just got passed to FC last week.
View Quote

Congrats
The FC degree is my favorite degree to work in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GregMc:
Congratulations on your pending advancement. None for me - I'll remain as Chaplain next year if they'll have me.
View Quote
Just when you think you're out, they suck you back in.  Off to the South for November and December, to the West in January for the year, then to the East. So much for peace and quiet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t remember it, but I was “reminded” I’m going to be installed Senior Warden in December. Apparently I agreed during a nice meal at our favorite Italian restaurant while at grand lodge in June. I honestly don’t remember. My wife did and she was assured it’s not going anywhere further, so she said okay.

We have some newer Brother’s that aren’t ready.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a Past Master (2015) from my Masonic Lodge here in Richmond, VA.

Honest.. Straight from the heart... Would I do it again, and go back in line?   NO!

2014 (Senior Warden) and 2015 (Worshipful Master) was a heck of a ride and an amazing experience.  Heck, the whole journey was!  But with that said, there is a downside to it all too.  I quite literally didn't have any free time for myself.  I was completely "ate up" in Masonic programs, education, etc... and to be absolutely truthful, my wife even started getting a little "funny" with my continued absence, and lack of taking care of things around the house, lawn, up on the roof, etc...

The lesson here is:  Masonry is a wonderful, historical, fraternal organization.  BUT, don't let it start to consume your daily life!  Pace yourself... Masonry ain't going nowhere...
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ButchA61:
The lesson here is:  Masonry is a wonderful, historical, fraternal organization.  BUT, don't let it start to consume your daily life!  Pace yourself... Masonry ain't going nowhere...
View Quote

Truer words were never typed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the South currently. 2025 is my time at the East... my favorite chair is always at the right hand of the Chair in the south... lots of action... SMIB!
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Sworn in as Senior Steward last night, first of many!
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I was installed Senior Warden last week. The new Master reminded everyone we have a Fellow Craft Degree on the 2nd. Apparently I had missed the memo. In Wisconsin the SW confers the FC. I haven’t done one since probably 2013. I guess I better practice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I've started to doubt the brethren in my lodge. They elected me as WM.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AR15thur:
I've started to doubt the brethren in my lodge. They elected me as WM.
View Quote

That’s what happens when no one wants the job again. 🤣
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like I will be senior warden in the lodge of perfection next year. It’s going to be a busy year for sure
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top