Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked What's in your bowl? (Page 1 of 61)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 61
Posted: 1/18/2010 10:30:43 AM EDT
This thread is for you to post what you smoked in your pipe today.

Yesterday I smoked some Blue Note from Altadis.  It was pretty good.  I am just starting with pipes, so this was a good aromatic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
H&H Anniversary Kake - It was pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Christmas Cheer in my Peterson.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sutliff's "Maple Street"

It's inexpensive, tastes good, and if  you're a beginning pipe smoker I would recommend it. It is very forgiving...
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
McClelland 24 Virginia
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 2:05:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CDP1911] [#5]
Smoked a bowl today

Tobacco was a custom house blend they call it Creme Brulee - Bowl was a Nording Freehand
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
This weekend was a pretty good one.

Solani Aged Burley Flake In a Brebbia 945 Dublin

Boswell's Cherry Smash  In a Walt Disney Pipe

Boswell's No Bite DeLite  In a Savinelli 320KS Sitter

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Frog Morton  on the Bayou a few days ago. Not sure how I like this tobacco. Sweet, cool smoke though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Blend from a local shop called "aristocrat".  

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been lighting up Cade's Cove Cavendish from the Gatlinburlier lately. Love the stuff.
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By phreaky:
I've been lighting up Cade's Cove Cavendish from the Gatlinburlier lately. Love the stuff.

Whats the Gatlinburlier like?  A friend and I wanted to stop in there the last time we passed through Gatlinburg but didn't have time.  Is it worth the stop?
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Another bowl of Boswell's NoBite Delite.
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Town Venue.  Smells like maple syrup and smokes like love.  Absolutely recommend it to anyone who likes armomatics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2010 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By harleyrkc:

Originally Posted By phreaky:

Whats the Gatlinburlier like?  A friend and I wanted to stop in there the last time we passed through Gatlinburg but didn't have time.  Is it worth the stop?

Nice little shop. The guy running it when we were there couldn't have been any nicer.

Link Posted: 3/29/2010 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#14]
goin with some Captain Black White label this afternoon as i sit on the patio with the dog surfing arfcom.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2010 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going with some Captain Black Gold in my Park Lane pipe from who knows when. It's pretty nice. Got it for cheap at an antique store.
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Sillem's Red.

I'm new to the pipe smoking thing.

Why didn't anyone tell me that pipe lighters are hilarious? I was sitting outside at a local bar with some friends, when the girl I was talking to asked if I had a light. I gave her my pipe lighter and sat there laughing while she burned her hand a couple times with it.

Link Posted: 4/6/2010 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Trying to finish up a tin of McClelland's Cajun Black.   It's actually a pretty good compromise between a semi-aromatic and a Virginia, but I prefer more Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Got some Log Cabin in my Peterson system its my fave this month.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Had some Boswell's Christmas Cookie in my Sasieni yesterday.  Great hot weather aromatic.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Had a house blend last night in my grandpa's 30 year old pipe.  Not sure the brand of pipe but it smokes nice
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Some no name cherry that smells great, but doesn't taste any were close to it's smell.  What do you expect
for free.  

My order of real tobacco comes in Monday but I leave for Georgia Monday at 3 in the morningHoping I'll be back before the week is over as I enjoy my pipe more than a cigar.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 4:30:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelTalon] [#22]
Sterlings Tobacco company

[This evening was b]Chairman of the board[/b] an excellent light english mix. If you've never tried latakia  and have been wanting to  this is the blend to try it has just a touch of latakia in it. Give yourself time to smoke  three or four bowls at one a day.and it will definately become part of your cellar

Their [b]1776 Tavern[/b] is a remarkable heavy english that you just can't get enough of.

They have several offerings between their sterling line and their 1776 line

They offer a free sample! Check them out.  Thats how I became a regular customer of theirs.

http://www.sterlingtobaccoco.com/index.html
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Had a bowl of DAN Black Velvet yesterday.

Guiness and Champagne soaked tobacco...  smells odd unburned, but very good smoke.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Cherry cavendish from pipesandcigars.com smells great unburned and burned.  I got it to hot so I'll have to try it again to give a taste review.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Walgreens Toasted Cavandish it was good plus not bad ffor 12.00 for 16ounces
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 6:56:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runs_with_scissors] [#26]
Delayed double tap
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Got a bunch of 10 year + Escudo, Three Nuns, McClelland's Dark Star, Penzance, various GLP, and Stonehaven.  Gotta get around to my pipes again someday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Butternut Burley
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By runs_with_scissors:
Some no name cherry that smells great, but doesn't taste any were close to it's smell.  What do you expect
for free.  

My order of real tobacco comes in Monday but I leave for Georgia Monday at 3 in the morningHoping I'll be back before the week is over as I enjoy my pipe more than a cigar.

I love the smell of the cherry blends, but haven't found one yet that I liked the taste of.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Mac Baren Navy Mixture as i sit here and type this reply while sitting on the back patio.  This is my first smoke and so far, I am ambivalent. Although, thus Far my smoking has been limited to blends such as Captain Black white label, tobaccotraderusa.com savannah blend, and a local blend called aristocrat, all of which are very similar to one another.  So I may have to smoke a few bowls before i make up my mind about it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Blockade Runner
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Astleys No.66 Cavendish club mildly fragrant out of my newly acquired Peterson Calabash.  All while petting the dog on the front porch.   Ttushooter every time I see your avatar I get a strange urge to go buy a daschund puppy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 8:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ttushooter] [#33]
Astleys No.66 Cavendish club mildly fragrant out of my newly acquired Peterson Calabash.  All while petting the dog on the front porch.   Ttushooter every time I see your avatar I get a strange urge to go buy a daschund puppy.

They are great dogs.  I may never be able to bring myself to own another breed.  go buy one, you know you want to.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ttushooter:

They are great dogs.  I may never be able to bring myself to own another breed.  go buy one, you know you want to.  

I had a red full size named Pete died in 2003 at the ripe age of 15.  Got Annie a black and tan in 07 when i was driving cross country.  My Mom got attached to her when she kept her for me.  So she has Annie know, and I quit long haul three weeks later and rescued a squirrel dog puppy.

Just lit up some Mac Baren dark twist in a Savinelli Saturnia pipe number two of the three I got off a friend today.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#35]
haddo's delight tonight a friend came over and shared some wit me..have to admit this is a great blend..
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 8:16:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runs_with_scissors] [#36]
Loading a bowl of Navy Cavendish by McClelland

ETA don't eat jalapeños with your dinner then smoke a pipe.  Taste like crap and your lips burn.  Had to put my pipe down due to this maybe it'll taste better tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Mac Baren dark twist in a Savinelli Saturnia.   Just sitting on the porch waiting for the rain.
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Navy Cavendish while watching the rain on the front porch with Flogging Molly playing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Tonight is the last night that I'm smoking from a cheap-ass pipe. I'm going to a pipe shop this week to learn more about pipes and what to really look for in them. I don't mind paying a little bit extra to gain some knowledge and have access to someone else's expertise.

But anyway: Black Cavendish.
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Butera's Royal Vintage sweet cavendish.
Link Posted: 5/2/2010 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Cann't sleep so some more Butera's Royal Vintage sweet cavendish.  This ribbon cut packs so much better than cake.
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Some more Butera's sweet cavendish started to smoke a cigar but put it back in it's bag with the humidity pack.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Apoco:
Tonight is the last night that I'm smoking from a cheap-ass pipe. I'm going to a pipe shop this week to learn more about pipes and what to really look for in them. I don't mind paying a little bit extra to gain some knowledge and have access to someone else's expertise.

Do your web research before you go.  There is a lot of info out there about what makes a good pipe.

A good cheap, but well-made pipe are the Savinelli Baronet series.

I personally don't favor the cheaper Peterson pipes.

100 bucks or less should get you a decent briar or meerschaum pipe.  Just don't let the SALESMAN push you into a pipe.

Couple things to look for:

The airway is drilled right to the bottom of the bowl.  if it is above the bottom, it makes for a gurgle-ly hot mess.

can pass a pipe cleaner with not too much difficulty.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By phatmax:
Originally Posted By Apoco:

Do your web research before you go.  There is a lot of info out there about what makes a good pipe.

A good cheap, but well-made pipe are the Savinelli Baronet series.

I've owned a lot of pipes, and for my money, nothing smokes better than a Savinelli.   They are a great value at any level.
Link Posted: 5/5/2010 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a savinelli baronet 320EX that I have yet to smoke and a sav antique shell 320KS sitter that I burn boswells nobite delite in. Both were 50 buck versions and I love em

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 6:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ttushooter] [#46]
Tobaccotraderusa.com blend called Savannah.  

Good stuff.  Sittin on the back patio, scratching the dog's head and posting on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Astleys No.66 on the front porch scratching the dogs head also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#48]
To answer the question: What is in my bowl?....  Straus Tobacco Burley Supreme.

Due to the fact I am at Piedmont Hospital with my wife; I can't smoke it, even outside or in the parking deck.... 100% smoke free campus.

F*cking NATZEES won't even let a man go smoke to relax in the open air.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By phatmax:
To answer the question: What is in my bowl?....  Straus Tobacco Burley Supreme.

Due to the fact I am at Piedmont Hospital with my wife; I can't smoke it, even outside or in the parking deck.... 100% smoke free campus.

F*cking NATZEES won't even let a man go smoke to relax in the open air.

everyone ok?
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#50]
My wife has metastatic colon cancer, which we have been getting treatment for since September. That whole time and this is really her first complication. We have been very lucky, in fact.  It would be just nice to get a smoke.
But good treatment is more important.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 61
Tacked What's in your bowl? (Page 1 of 61)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top