Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the Amazon thread in team. If you click on the go to new post button, it sends you to page 62. It then locks up. The thread stops on page 32. You have to manually pick that page.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it...

Just different for sure.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rbread:
.... but it is too large on my laptop.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Interdasting...
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Seem to be having an issue when clicking the green arrow in my subscriptions.  

When I click the arrow, it takes me to the thread, but displays nothing but a header saying I'm on the last page I visited...no posts or anything.  I then have to manually go to the page number pull down, scroll to find that page number, and click it...which takes me to the beginning of that page vs my last read post.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Please put the "subscribe" button back into the bar below each post.  I really don't care for having to scroll to the top/bottom of a page to find the button.

I also agree with several previous posters that the new spacing doesn't work as effectively as the old.  Seems much harder to scroll through the threads.

I will give it a fair shot over a few days and see what tweaks are made, but so far, I am, decidedly, not a fan of the change.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Appears to have improved mobile device readability at a dramatic cost to laptop/desktop users. Really unpleasant.

This.  Trying to be nice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:11:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ_Dual] [#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#9]
My biggest gripe is that everything is so damned big on a desktop monitor.

It looks like the screen resolution changed to something stupid. Shrinking the screen manually doesn't help at all.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:23:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FiremanFrank] [#10]
I thought something was wrong with my computer but apparently it is the new format.  I don't like it as now the ad banner follows me around where before I didn't have to see them along with other things I don't care for.  That was part of the reason I was a team member and now I won't be renewing when the time comes.  Not a fan and wish there was a way to view this the way it was yesterday.

Edit.  I am trying to view this new version on a laptop running Windows 7.0 and the subscribe feature no longer works.  When I go to see the thread that I am subscribed to it takes me to an empty page with no posts.  Not working for me at all.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#11]
In my IMs, when I click on the username of the sender, it sends it to my profile instead of theirs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:38:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#12]
Hate the new lay out.

After nearly 20 years of being used to a certain format this change is likely too much.    Thought it was just a shitty mobile lay out but it appears to be a site wide cross platform change.

This kinda shit is why I hate microsoft and hate Windows.    Changing something and telling us it is better when frankly it is not.   If it winds up being consistently annoying I am done.   I flat out hate sites that force mobile layout bullshit to the point that I wont load the site or take my business else where.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's another weird quirk.  Why is the text not at the top of the post?

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I would hate to see what it is on laptop or desktop because mobile is terrible.

How do i get the EE forums to come up in the order like they were previously?
Is there anyway to browse in the old format?
This is absolutely terrible on mobile device.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Two issues I've found:

Most importantly, in the Test Post Forum Photo Thread, pictures that had been previously approved now show the approval choices below the pic - but the approve choice doesn't work, or doesn't appear to.

2ndly, on some threads, when I click on the last post read green arrow, it takes me to a page that only allows me to choose the page in the thread I want to go to.  Once I choose that, it takes me to the top of the page, not the last post read.

I saw some blinking advertisements as well, but I was able to fix those.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#16]
There is no POST in thread option I can see, have to pick a particular post and hit reply.

It is really slow.

Can't see feedback in profile.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:54:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#17]

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CA_TX-Cop] [#18]
I knew it was coming, but I didn't remember the exact date.  Signed in this morning and was like "WHOAH".  Looks good, just going to take a little time getting used to it.  Also, after reading the whole tablet interface improvement, I'll have to check it out on tablet and Ipad to see how much better it is, since I almost always use my laptop.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GriswoldGuns:
PLEASE FIX THE ACTIVE TOPICS! THERE ITS NO OPTION FOR GENERAL IN THE DROP DOWN!

an option for "All Topics" would be nice for active topics as well.  Because right now, navigating this site is like driving a truck with no headlights through the woods at night with sunglasses on.
View Quote

Yes.  I want to see all of the active threads.  No need to divide them up into ar15, handguns, etc.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:06:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ehtacs] [#20]
The full width everything is a really bad experience on desktop. Plz max-width the body!

Edit - Love the feature where the page shakes violently as it loads

Edit 2 - I'm finding this format extremely unpleasant to use on desktop which accounts for 100% of my browsing. Its not just not good, its actively bad. To the point of driving me, my headache, and my membership away. In addition to just being ugly, its not even functional or otherwise easy, muchless easier, to use.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I am so confused what happened to my arfcom...

????
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cdenmark] [#22]
How do we bump EE ads with updated site?  Got it.  Tools top left.  More like a phone interface than PC.

Opinions.  Besides the "ouch" of my original first thought,  the improvements have caused a severe headache in less than 15 minutes of viewing and attempts to navigate on my PC flat screen,  and I never get a headache.   I'll come back in a few days once it's been de-bugged a bit.  Kinda surprised this was adopted or should  say instituted with all the issues it currently has.  I'd have failed HTML or www design if I had turned this one in 15 years ago.  Guess it's still the same with the same people but the site must be pleasant to view and easy to navigate.

I quickly polled 10 co-workers who had never seen your site and 100% all said the same "ouch" for first visual impression.  Don't know what ya'll are looking for,  I'm going to assume it's more money but to me and the limited viewers I showed this to,  the new and improved verdict was unanimous.  "Ouch".  Good luck!  

My 2nd impression is most won't be happy especially if paying for this for some time to come.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, I'm Done. This change is way to much.

It looks great on mobile, but it's really crappy on a desktop, where I do all of my browsing. It's like I'm looking through a high powered optic to read posts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Southrnshooter] [#24]
Where  have all my topics gone?  Had a few in there, DISSAPEARED NOW..??

This sucks..
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#25]

The pink highlites indicating "SOLD" in the EE  looks terrible. Get rid of the pink. I'll feel as if I am being subjected to the SJW/Safe places crowd. Yeck
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks great. Works fine on my phone. Much better than the old design.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#27]
Like it or not...

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Shhhees. The layout is just too huge. Lets cut down on the font & sizing. Like another poster stated, I am getting a headache trying to read a whole posting. Some of us senior folks don't need a 1500% magnification ratio to read stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M16indiana] [#29]
Where is the search function in the EE?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Hopefully there is a way to view the old format.  This new format may be optimized for mobile devices, but for a laptop, in many ways it just plain sucks.  There is way too much scrolling!  To do most anything I have to scroll, and scroll, and scroll....  it's unpleasant.  It took me a few minutes just to find the EE.

The reply/quote/etc options are now down at the bottom of the thread pages.  The titles and avatars take up too much real estate.  The Equipment Exchange hot button is gone (that was my most used feature).  And, most importantly, there was no real reason to change a format that I've been using for the last 14 years!

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#31]
What the hell guys?  Why do we have avatars and thread titles taking up a full third of the screen real estate?  This is incredibly frustrating.  I don't get much time to review AR15.com and I don't want to spend most of it scrolling past crap I don't care about.  

And where is the EE hot button?

Is there an option to bring back the efficiency and goodness that we've enjoyed for almost two decades?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this the Windows 8 version of ar15.com?  The more I use it the more frustrated I get.  Time to walk away.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadbolt] [#33]
I know you guys have done a lot of work and I appreciate your effort.  Unfortunately im not a fan of the new look.  Kinda reminds me of what Armslist did a few months back. :(
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#34]
when you send an IM there is not follow-up notification as to whether or not it was successfully sent.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: logan10] [#35]
WoW! Great work. Really like the look. Seeing many negative comments. I'm viewing it on a laptop and it's excellent. Gonna take it for a little cruise to check functionality, etc.

Insert image button doesn't appear to function properly (error msg) when attaching image from host site. I can post an image by copying / pasting the [img] line though it posts only the link to the image.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Uh, which button is the smiley button?
On mobile, I see BIUTXX(pic)(vid) on the sidebar.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Where is the 'Active Topics' tab? 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, gotta say the new layout is HORRIBLE.  It sounds like it's better for phones, but on a PC, it SUCKS!!!  Everything is 10 times as big, so I have to scroll through everything like I'm on facebook.  It takes 10 times longer to scan the forums, which takes the site out of my time limit.  I love AR15.com, but I don't think I can use it anymore since the new format is so horrible.

I've never understood the need for software guys to fix what isn't broken.

Is there any way I can restore the old format for the forums?  I really don't want to have to give up the site all together.  Please PM if it is possible.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:37:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#39]
This new forum desperately needs an interface scaling option for those of us reading on laptops and desktops. It's plainly obvious this is a mobile interface and it does not scale well to larger screens. With this update I can only see 1-2 posts at a time due to how large and obtuse the interface renders -- large avatars and/or obnoxious multi line signatures exasperate this problem -- where before I could comfortably fit multiple posts on a single screen.

This is borderline unusable for me. The mobile version is tedious to use when it's covered in adverts and plagued by advert redirects. It's like you want to turn people away from your site.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#40]
LOST.... Im totally lost
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm looking for specific information on posting images.  As I understand the process, Photobucket is no longer needed.
Uploaded images are stored on ARFCOM servers.  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#42]
The new formatting looks and navigates terrible.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#43]
For the folks who have issues with size on PCs and laptops, does control - (minus) or control + (plus) help you or does it only resize your font?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#44]
ruined the best site of the web........[V
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Blog Post
Welcome To The New AR15.Com!

A quick welcome message and link to the mini "tour" article. It has taken longer than we had hoped to bring to life, but we think it will be well worth the wait!

Read Full Article »

Blog Post
Quick Help Guide

A mini-tour of the new site's layout and locations for all the key features.

Read Full Article »

Please take a minute to check out the welcome post along with a quick help/tour of the main layout changes.

Remember that we will continue to work on things, so be patient and give things a chance. There may be things you love and things you hate, and I'll listen to all feedback and ideas. Just try to word it in a polite manner.
View Quote

Looking good so far.  change is good...hope and change not so much..

Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#46]
It just blows. I personally have no clue how anyone  could rate this experience as far as the look and layout goes being  anything but a huge step backwards. 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: logan10] [#47]
It appears in order to post a pic, the requirement is to use a hosting site link. At the bottom of a txt window is the following:

Attach Media

Not Available

I assume this means no upload from a hard drive or perhaps it's available for one of the paid membership levels.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrappycrow] [#48]
Looks as if my subscriptions to threads aren't working.  For the ones I want email for, they're showing green (enabled) in the Subscribed Threads section, but I'm not getting any emails.  This happening to anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fattyfat:
looks good, Goaty
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#50]
Originally Posted By logan10:
For the folks who have issues with size on PCs and laptops, does control - (minus) or control + (plus) help you or does it only resize your font?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By logan10:

That affects the browser as a whole. It would change the size of every other website I use, making everything smaller when only this site needs to be scaled down.

Originally Posted By Fairplay:
It just blows. I personally have no clue how anyone  could rate this experience as far as the look and layout goes being  anything but a huge step backwards.

It is bewildering how anyone could see this and think it's okay. This should only apply to mobile devices, while proper desktops and laptops keep the previous interface. I don't know of a single website that kept a good desktop experience after redesigning for mobile use.  (most mobile websites suck too.)
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top