Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2019 5:14:19 AM EDT
Anybody here successfully used vaping to help quit moist snuff (Copenhagen/Longhorn)?  I've accomplished many tough things in my life, but quitting snuff ain't one of 'em.  .  Just wondering if nicotine-via-vape might be a useful step down off the addiction ladder.

I've dipped snuff since I was 12; 57 now.  Tried to quit numerous times... usually make it 10-15 minutes before I turn into a quivering nicotine junkie shaking, sweating, jonesing for the next hit.  OK, so that's an exaggeration, but not by much.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Try the nicotine gum.

It would be better for quitting dip.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Some people get relief from nasal snuff. I can't remember what it's called, but there's some stuff out there that has insane nicotine levels. Lifelong dippers even say it makes them dizzy the first time they do it. I don't know, maybe you could do some kind of herbal chew in conjunction with that to get the oral fixation.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZedsDeadBaby:
Try the nicotine gum.

View Quote
try the nicotine mints

I'm addicted to them but I don't smoke anymore
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By guyina4x4:
try the nicotine mints

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By guyina4x4:
Originally Posted By ZedsDeadBaby:
Try the nicotine gum.

try the nicotine mints

Yeah both of these been 3 months since my last dip and almost a month from my last piece of nicorette gum. I've been chewing for 12 years and trying to quit for the last year 3 months ago i just decided enough and threw my can away. it was really hard to go from straight to mint flavor but I sucked it up and I'm pretty damn happy I did. The hardest part for me other than the flavor was not having a dip in my lip the mints where too small but the gum felt right in my lip. Good luck
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I started vaping and kicked a can and a half a day habit with no issues. I quit vaping as well but am considering starting up again for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm weird.

I started Copenhagen to quit vaping I smoked since I was 14, then went to vaping a couple of years ago. I found myself constantly using it, as in it was always in my hand. I only smoked half a pack a day, yet I couldn't put the vape down. Lowering the nicotine made it worse. I went through juice like crazy, and it was making sores in my mouth. I'll quit Copenhagen too eventually, but not until I'm good and sure I'm over the inhalation habit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fmj_shooter] [#7]
Attachment Attached File

I quit years ago. But bought these to try out
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:47:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UnequivocalLiberty] [#8]
I've smoked on and off since I was a young kid, switched to chew in 2012, and since, I've literally had a (large) packed lip 24/7... I even dipped in my sleep.

I switched to vaping about a month ago. So far so good. My advice is to find a quality vape, tank/coil for flavor, and start off with a nicotine content of at least 6 - higher if you are still craving more nicotine... Most local places will increase the nicotine content of your juice no problem.

Geekvape makes a great product. I went with the Aegis mini kit, cerberus tank. You might prefer a dual battery, like the Legend.

Eta: I knew I had to quit chewing, when I realized the damage it had been causing to my gums. And cold turkey wasn't working... I chewed small screws, wood, anything to ease it. Keep in mind you have that oral habit, so you'll still have habitual movements of that sort until you become accustomed to vaping and forget your chewing habits
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top