Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2020 4:39:12 PM EDT
Production quality looks pretty good. The YT trailer is an English dub compared to Netflix's app's actual Russian language w/ Eng subs trailer.

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it may be good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
3 episodes in.

Its so far pretty good. Nice looking russian chicks too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:48:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#5]
Watching it now, very impressed! Dark and realistic. A lot of drama but it's more realistic, frantic drama than the soap opera TWD has become. And I like that it takes place in a dark snowy landscape.

Edit: The music and vibes remind me of 28 Days Later.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrRecon:
Watching it now, very impressed! Dark and realistic. A lot of drama but it's more realistic, frantic drama than the soap opera TWD has become. And I like that it takes place in a dark snowy landscape.

Edit: The music and vibes remind me of 28 Days Later.
View Quote

They use the soundtrack from 28 days later and inception for the score.

Yup tons of drama but it was all realistically done. Not over the top and comic cringe like twd.

I will say it's not a zombie show. Its a plague/pandemic/shtf show but very well done to say the least.

The ending was a nice little cliffhanger and i hope there is a S2. I was expecting another episode after the 8th one and was disappointed when there wasnt lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Loved episode three

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't really quote both of you on my phone but I agree 100%.

I'm only on.... episode 5, I think, and I'm really awestruck that while the entire show started because of zombies, so far it's been all about how shitty humans are to eachother and there's very little zombies actually shown. I think that's awesome and the shitty human behavior has been realistic to the point of making me think how I'd react.

Love it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:02:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#9]

I'm only on.... episode 5, I think, and I'm really awestruck that while the entire show started because of zombies, so far it's been all about how shitty humans are to eachother and there's very little zombies actually shown. I think that's awesome and the shitty human behavior has been realistic to the point of making me think how I'd react.

Love it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Love it.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but it is not a zombie movie. Yes there are infected people but they are just that...normal sick people. It is pretty much a pandemic/SHTF/WROL TV show....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You are on point though regarding the show - at its core - is how primal and by effect, shitty, human behavior can be in a grim survival scenario...esp in Russia lol

A week after finishing the series, I am still blown away by it and I hope it comes back for S2. If a shitty spin off like TWD The World Beyond can be greenlit for 2 seasons, there is no reason a show like this can't get another 1 or 2 out.

Originally Posted By VitalSignsAbsent:
Loved episode three

Click To View Spoiler

LOL .... I was sitting there, about to cringe super hard, thinking I was about to be disappointed in those Ruskies for pulling SJW crap ... that was a case of subverting expectations the right way!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#10]
Wait until you guys get to Episode 6 ... it's the best, most impactful episode of the Season. Awesome revelations.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Finished it tonight, can't wait for (hopefully) Season 2.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#12]
excellent!  wife and I will have to check it out one night after the kids get into bed.  thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I just want black summer to come back.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a good movie, I'll be sure to check it out later.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:31:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
I just want black summer to come back.
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks OP! Halfway through episode 2, really like it so far.

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Are there any Roosky boobies?

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#18]
DA.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By scarsbeattats:
Are there any Roosky boobies?

View Quote
Yeah buddy!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 4:53:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#20]
Originally Posted By dvdick:
DA.
View Quote

^ This. And good ones too.

The last couple of episodes kind of bored me a bit as I have a short attention span. If you're getting bored, skip to the last episode and you'll be excited for what I hope is a season 2.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I quit at 5. Boring. I'd have dumped the shrieker women except for the nympho after the first day.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#22]
watched 5-6 episodes. its different.   was kinda cool seeing another country a little closer than what most shows and movies show.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#23]
This is so good it is worth watching twice. I really hope this is the start of more quality Russian cinema coming to the states. Not really zombie film but given the current
pandemic it is a bit more realistic than your typical Z film.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Just finished it.

Good show

solid racks all around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top