Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/25/2022 12:00:15 PM EDT
https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/2-native-hawaiians-guilty-of-hate-crime-in-beating-of-white-man/

Vid at link.

I just saw this. Interesting, as you don't see minorities charged let alone convicted for this kind of stuff.

(ETA) I knew the natives don't really like the haoles(sp) but didn't know it got violent like this.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/2-native-hawaiians-guilty-of-hate-crime-in-beating-of-white-man/
Vid at link.
(ETA) I knew the natives don't really like the haoles(sp) but didn't know it got violent like this.

I just saw this. Interesting, as you don't see minorities charged let alone convicted for this kind of stuff.

{If it's a dupe mods please lock it down.}
View Quote
I was in the Army w/ a guy who was a native from Molokai. He said he would love if guys from the platoon visited him, but he was also adamant that there were certain places we could only go with him cus otherwise we'd face a similar fate.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
White skin is easiest to spot there...I'd bet they don't beat on those of Chinese and Japanese descent who were born there or call them Haoles
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on, Vince. We'll go pound him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come on, Vince. We'll go pound him.
View Quote
Wow, a North Shore quote. lol. Haven't seen that movie in forever
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I call BS.  I think it was Jesse Jackson that said POCs cannot be racist.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet China would love to take over Hawaii if we left
And the guys there who would love it if the the usa would leave ( but keep sending the . Gov checks)
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Hawaii is Pacific Puerto Rico. We should divest ourselves of both.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Totally agree.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow, a North Shore quote. lol. Haven't seen that movie in forever
View Quote

You still have a single fin mentality.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Our last night in Maui this spring we were in Whalers Village in Kaanapali eating dinner. A group of local's in their early 20's came through drunk talking shit and really singled out a dad there with his family. Nothing happened and there were plenty of tourists ready to jump in with the dad but it was ugly for a few min.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

abandoning the biggest unsinkable aircraft carrier in the pacific, what a brilliant idea.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

abandoning the biggest unsinkable aircraft carrier in the pacific, what a brilliant idea.
View Quote
Nothing says we would have to do that. Just let them be a location with benefits.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I was squadded with a Marine at Camp Perry who was telling me how he had been reassigned to Quantico from Hawaii. I was like " Damn, that sucks" and  "I'll bet Hawaii was great". He said he was glad because it wasn't a good place to be white.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Things you don't see everyday, or

things the media won't show you, ever?

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Do Hawaiians view Hispanics with the same contempt?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

china would love that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Buddy was in Kuai for work (movie sets). Some of the dudes in his union were from there and the amount of sheer hate they have for "outsiders" is mind blowing. Another example is a good friend/ex coworker who's baby daddy is Samoan with family on the Big Island. She told me people, white people specifically, would get their new homes burglarized AND vandalized if they left it unattended.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Almost got into a fight with the valet dude at Hyatt Regency in Maui a few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure Hawaiians specifically view white people with contempt, but it’s a bunch of islands with island mentality, so they generally view all outsiders with contempt. There are a lot of white people from Hawaii who know the local shibboleths and do just fine.

For sure, they’re a lot less surly with swarthy (non-black) folk because they can’t quite be sure you don’t belong there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

PR yes, Hawaii hell no.  Wanna give the Chinese an advance base close to U.S.?  Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I got back last year from a 4 year stint based in Hawaii, never going back.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Great! My son is getting stationed there in a few months.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#24]
We vacationed with our kids for a month in Hawaii in 2019. Had a great time and planning to go back in 2023. That said outside of the resort where they are paid to be nice you can tell some (not all) of the locals don’t want you there. Never felt in danger, but we don’t go out late or to sketchy areas where drunken packs of locals might be.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

PR yes, Hawaii hell no.  Wanna give the Chinese an advance base close to U.S.?  Fuck that shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell at times I felt like we were in China. Surrounded by Chinese.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#26]
They don't hate taking the govt assistance checks though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was squadded with a Marine at Camp Perry who was telling me how he had been reassigned to Quantico from Hawaii. I was like " Damn, that sucks" and  "I'll bet Hawaii was great". He said he was glad because it wasn't a good place to be white.
View Quote

I never met a single Soldier who said “I really loved Hawaii.” But, everyone I talked to loved Alaska if they were there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#28]
"fixer upper"

That particular village is full of shit shacks that are sold "as-is" and the particular property shown actually looks nice for the area

There is basically nothing there and it is no a short drive to town timewise.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Most "native Hawaiians" are actually Samoan or Tongan.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]
According to the msm, beating a white man is not only legal, but highly encouraged
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Vid at link.

{If it's a dupe mods please lock it down.}
View Quote

I was stationed on Oahu early 80's and yep if you were a haole there were parts of the island you were not welcome brah.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Mokes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was stationed on Oahu for 2 years and had zero issues. I'm about as white hillbilly as they come. Marines seem to find trouble regardless of where they are, just saying.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#36]
The Hawiian national motto "die mainland scum but leave us your money".
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#37]
*Notices the name*

Ahhh... so that's how they got a prosecutor to push for a hate crime charge.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
He should have shown them his Mahalo rewards card.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You still have a single fin mentality.
View Quote

Lance burkheart?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He should have shown them his Mahalo rewards card.
View Quote

Its Bubbies brah!
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Most "native Hawaiians" are actually Samoan or Tongan.
View Quote

It is more Tahtian bloodline and cultural that founded the Hawaiian Islands than Samoan or Tongan. The Samoans, Tongans,  and Maoris our kissing cousins.

There is still mistrust between the locals and mainlanders. We don't like entitled people and you guys think we are savages.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Lol. Poi guzzlers.

I was stationed on Oahu early 80's and yep if you were a haole there were parts of the island you were not welcome brah.
View Quote

I turned down three years at Kaneohe Bay and $10k in early ‘82.  Like the Suck wasn’t bad enough.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It is more Tahtian bloodline and cultural that founded the Hawaiian Islands than Samoan or Tongan. The Samoans, Tongans,  and Maoris our kissing cousins.

There is still mistrust between the locals and mainlanders. We don't like entitled people and you guys think we are savages.
View Quote

So you're a Florida Man and a Hawaiian? I bet even Native Hawaiian's run in fear from you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Hawiian national motto "die mainland scum but leave us your money".
View Quote

Similar to what us lifelong crackers feel.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve experienced nothing but aloha both when working on and vacationing on the islands. I’ve been to all but a few and explored pretty extensively, and was welcomed with open arms in all but one sketchy bar (that I was warned not to go into) in Honolulu, and deep in the volcano torn region of Big Island.

I’m white as shit.

What are you guys all doing to piss off the locals? Take it easy, respect their culture, and don’t act like an entitled tourist. It isn’t Disneyland.
You wouldn’t like visitors to trash up your local woods or whatever you hold sacred nearby either.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They don't hate taking the govt assistance checks though.
View Quote

They do have interstate highways.

Figure that one out.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh my. I wonder if that puts any other groups or “organizers” on notice that beating whitey for being white ain’t gonna fly…
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I work with a bunch of Hawaiian guys. I've heard some stories of tourists doing stupid shit on the islands who frankly deserved to get their asses beat.

One guy we were working with who was from Texas decided to drive around local villages on the north side of Oahu and go for a swim in some local guys fish pond. Guys nephew came out and warned him to leave, his uncle would be home soon. The island boys laughed at him and told him he came within an inch of being left naked on the beach somewhere if the guys nephew hadn't come along.

Guy treated the place like it was one big theme park and not a place where people's families have lived on the same spot for generations.

All the islanders I've met and worked with have been great guys.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#50]
unzelman testified that he and his wife decided to move to the “serene and beautiful” Maui from Scottsdale, Arizona, after she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Kunzelman and his family have since moved to Puerto Rico.
View Quote

Some people just don’t get it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top