Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2023 1:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21]
Occasionally, over many years, I have seen leftists try to shut down shooting ranges with false claims they are an “environmental hazard.”

Lead bullets simply sit in the ground, inactive.

Lead does not “leach into the water table.”  That is one of the myths spread by the anti-2A crown.

Luckily we now have an ally, with the science behind them to back this up:

https://www.telecomcablefacts.com

I did not realize until today that old telecom cables were sheathed in lead.  Turns out class-action lawyers, driven by enviro-whackos, are trying to make the false claim that lead sheathed cables contaminate ground water.

I added the link above to try to help any shooting range owner facing similar false claims.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The concern is not about lead leaching into aquifers. The problem is the increase in greenhouse gases at shooting ranges. It is a climate emergency and generally caused by those who believe there should be beans in chili.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Most heavy metals require active injestion, to do themleaxking they they are
Reffering to you would need an acid to disolve it
And make
It accessible . Like maybe vinegar stored in a lead soldered can  of pickles would be “perfect storm” of lead exposure. But elemental lead isn’t as absorbable as some would believe. Now atomized lead dust is more easily exposed to acids (like surface area is greater so dissolves easier).
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
The concern is not about lead leaching into aquifers. The problem is the increase in greenhouse gases at shooting ranges. It is a climate emergency and generally caused by those who believe there should be beans in chili.
View Quote
I have had a different experience.
Between the various gun club/ranges I have been a member or shot at in Illinois (yuck) St. Louis (or west of) and Southern Mo, I have seen each of them shut down and have a company come in and do "Lead Reclamation" to help reduce ground/water polutions.
Never heard mention of Air or Greenhouse gasses.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
I have had a different experience.
Between the various gun club/ranges I have been a member or shot at in Illinois (yuck) St. Louis (or west of) and Southern Mo, I have seen each of them shut down and have a company come in and do "Lead Reclamation" to help reduce ground/water polutions.
Never heard mention of Air or Greenhouse gasses.
View Quote

Trust me. If you hung around the guys I shoot with after beans, you would understand the gas problem.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, thanks for the read!
Who knew swear words at outdoor gun ranges could cause global warming? jk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top