Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 9 of 184)

Previous Page
/ 184
Next Page
7/19/2020 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How about a GlenKaren?
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/19/2020 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Bardstown old fashioned, followed by an ORVW.

Alabama: That the great, general and essential principles of liberty and free government may be recognized and established, we declare....That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state. (Art. I, § 26)
7/21/2020 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well had to go into town today so I stopped by the total wine. Decent selection but of course prices are a little high (but not terrible). Here's the haul from today. Was looking for some slightly rarer stuff than I can find around here to round out the collection. Could have kept going but my wallet is already light after having a new HVAC installed a couple weeks ago.

Attached File


Damn these sideways pics!
7/22/2020 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Got this...
Attached File


Drinking these...
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/23/2020 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#5]
mote info on that 'Store select' limited release Old Forester pls.   Is that searchable under a different name at Tot Wine by any chance?
7/23/2020 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TactTm1:
mote info on that 'Store select' limited release Old Forester pls.   Is that searchable under a different name at Tot Wine by any chance?
View Quote


This or this one

Old Forester is currently changing their single barrel program to a 100 proof option or a barrel strength
7/23/2020 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Just found this at Walmart - anyone know if it’s any good....?

Attached File
7/23/2020 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History


You lucky SOB!
7/23/2020 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Just found this at Walmart - anyone know if it’s any good....?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/257673/351ECE79-176D-4B94-9D56-6D2269A8E6D9_jpe-1515770.JPG
View Quote


Probably contract distilled swill, the 6 does not mean aged 6 years. Even the producer suggests mixing with ginger ale so that's not a good sign. Not much info out there on it.
7/23/2020 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ManBearPack:


Probably contract distilled swill, the 6 does not mean aged 6 years. Even the producer suggests mixing with ginger ale so that's not a good sign. Not much info out there on it.
View Quote



Well.....I bought a bottle, so I guess I’ll let you know. Although I’m an amateur in bourbon..
7/23/2020 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bondservant2:



Well.....I bought a bottle, so I guess I’ll let you know. Although I’m an amateur in bourbon..
View Quote


What does the back label say about where it was distilled? I couldn't find a good label pic anywhere.
7/23/2020 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ManBearPack:


Probably contract distilled swill, the 6 does not mean aged 6 years. Even the producer suggests mixing with ginger ale so that's not a good sign. Not much info out there on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By ManBearPack:
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Just found this at Walmart - anyone know if it’s any good....?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/257673/351ECE79-176D-4B94-9D56-6D2269A8E6D9_jpe-1515770.JPG


Probably contract distilled swill, the 6 does not mean aged 6 years. Even the producer suggests mixing with ginger ale so that's not a good sign. Not much info out there on it.


Attached File
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/23/2020 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Been enjoying High West Prairie Bourbon, and Double Rye
Carry it, shoot it. (repeat forever)

4:1 -- 4 is to mental as 1 is to physical
7/23/2020 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Had some Yellowstone over the weekend picked it up at $42 a bottle. I think its a smoother sipper and would purchase again. how are some of you guys scoring the Elmer T Lee? its in my top five and cant even find a high priced bottle. if someone wanted to look on the secondary market how would you do that or is there a place to do swaps? not looking to do that activity on this board, but somebody knows where the arfcom of bourbon is located.
Official NorCal_Leo Nickname: Donut
7/23/2020 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I did come across this today $34.99 for 1.75Attached File
Official NorCal_Leo Nickname: Donut
7/23/2020 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Treypd:

Had some Yellowstone over the weekend picked it up at $42 a bottle. I think its a smoother sipper and would purchase again. how are some of you guys scoring the Elmer T Lee? its in my top five and cant even find a high priced bottle. if someone wanted to look on the secondary market how would you do that or is there a place to do swaps? not looking to do that activity on this board, but somebody knows where the arfcom of bourbon is located.
View Quote


These were all found in local liquor stores. Not cheap, but not through the roof. I am a good customer at one store and he calls me when he gets anything special. Bragging pic....
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/23/2020 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:


These were all found in local liquor stores. Not cheap, but not through the roof. I am a good customer at one store and he calls me when he gets anything special. Bragging pic....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/15955440708802198080254415887008_jpg-1516397.JPG
View Quote
Should be a bragging pic nice score.
Official NorCal_Leo Nickname: Donut
7/23/2020 10:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactTm1][Edited] [#18]
thanks.   Local store unavailable.   Says 'can't ship spirits to Louisiana.'   I'll pick up something else for the  weekend.

How's about this: REDEMPTION BOURBON 9 YEAR BARREL PROOF
7/24/2020 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TactTm1:
thanks.   Local store unavailable.   Says 'can't ship spirits to Louisiana.'   I'll pick up something else for the  weekend.

How's about this: REDEMPTION BOURBON 9 YEAR BARREL PROOF
View Quote


I've never had it (never seen it available here) but a lot of people like it. Worth a try if you have access.
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/24/2020 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Treypd:
I did come across this today $34.99 for 1.75https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/230395/9DBBB6F4-532B-476F-A059-BDC92A5D24EA_jpe-1516363.JPG
View Quote


@treypd where at?
7/25/2020 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#21]
@WrightP

paragould liquor store
Official NorCal_Leo Nickname: Donut
7/25/2020 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Treypd:
@WrightP

paragould liquor store
View Quote


Thank you. Just bought one in Little Rock last week. I was hoping it was a closer store.
7/26/2020 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Making beef jerky and drinking Kentucky mules. A perfect combination.

Attached File


“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/26/2020 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
This stuff @allalphas gave me is pretty darn good.

I think I owe him something.  

Attached File
Be heard now or be in the herd later.

The voice in your head is a liar.

Cola-warrior.com. Spring is coming.

Winner of the Great Shop War of 2014.

Winner of Cola Warrior 5.
7/26/2020 9:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freeride21a][Edited] [#25]
It was $25, I had $25, id only had it once before from an airline bottle and thought it was just ok so never gave it another thought even though it has a good following.

I tried for reals this time.. I actually really like it, especially for the money.  It is always on the shelf here too.  I would call this a really good every day bourbon.

Attached File
7/26/2020 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
This stuff @allalphas gave me is pretty darn good.

I think I owe him something.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20200726_175806_jpg-1520564.JPG
View Quote



Glad you're enjoying it!
7/26/2020 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Tried some Jefferson's Ocean today.  Yummy.
Sweet baby Jesus on fire. Gonna need a damn lawyer and a miracle to pull my ass outta this.
7/27/2020 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By ManBearPack:
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Just found this at Walmart - anyone know if it’s any good....?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/257673/351ECE79-176D-4B94-9D56-6D2269A8E6D9_jpe-1515770.JPG


Probably contract distilled swill, the 6 does not mean aged 6 years. Even the producer suggests mixing with ginger ale so that's not a good sign. Not much info out there on it.


https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/977A40A5-F8AB-4F4A-9E08-06222F5D2F99_jpe-1515971.JPG


Opened up the bottle on Friday and had a couple small sips. The nose on the stuff is really outstanding (to me). Caramel, corn and maybe a hint of chocolate - that’s as refined as my knowledge is currently. Mouth was ok - pretty oily and after taste had quite a burn. I’m thinking after it airs out some I’m going to like it better. I’ll update as I go thru the bottle. For $25 (clearance) I think I may grab a couple more.....
7/28/2020 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a pour of Weller Antique 107 private barrel and a pour of Col Taylor Single Barrel.

I have these two waiting for me to pop the cork.

Attached File
Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns.
7/29/2020 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Vegas! Both bottles were gone Sunday night. Damn bars were all closed
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/29/2020 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
It was $25, I had $25, id only had it once before from an airline bottle and thought it was just ok so never gave it another thought even though it has a good following.

I tried for reals this time.. I actually really like it, especially for the money.  It is always on the shelf here too.  I would call this a really good every day bourbon.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/21179/IMG_20200725_181437746_2_jpg-1520751.JPG
View Quote


I picked up 2 more 750ml's of BT yesterday at $22/per - has me well stocked on BT for the next year or two
Carry it, shoot it. (repeat forever)

4:1 -- 4 is to mental as 1 is to physical
7/29/2020 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Vegas! Both bottles were gone Sunday night. Damn bars were all closed
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20200724_185040_jpg-1524723.JPG
View Quote


You must have brought that bottle of Weller 12 with you to Nevada because that particular pour is pretty much unobtanium around here.
Sorry about the bar closures, hope you had a great time anyway!
"So remind me again why you're not competing at Cola Warrior?"
7/29/2020 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By AllAlphas:


You must have brought that bottle of Weller 12 with you to Nevada because that particular pour is pretty much unobtanium around here.
Sorry about the bar closures, hope you had a great time anyway!
View Quote


We brought both of them.

It was ok. Shops, shows and bars closed along with mask orders really made  it irritating. No one we talked to had a good word to say about the governor. We'll go back when the bars and shows start back up.
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
7/29/2020 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I had a pour of Weller Antique 107 private barrel and a pour of Col Taylor Single Barrel.

I have these two waiting for me to pop the cork.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399736/DFECEB1D-642A-481B-BE89-10B37ECEEB2D_jpe-1523723.JPG
View Quote


I bought a bottle of that Woodford Wheated today. I'm looking forward to trying it tonight.

What do you guys think of Rebel Yell? I was drinking some last night, not much of a nose but I was amazed how smooth it was for an $18 bottle.

7/29/2020 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Eagle Rare and prime strips.

Attached File
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/29/2020 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#36]
What can you mix Bourbon Cream with?

I put some in my coffee this morning.
Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns.
7/30/2020 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
What can you mix Bourbon Cream with?

I put some in my coffee this morning.
View Quote



Some are better than others.  I think that BT’s and books are good.   I always put mine in coffee, and every once in a while will have a small cup of it just over ice.  Also works great over ice cream, or mixed 1:1 with root beer as a kind off float.
7/30/2020 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I finally found Stagg Jr. I happened to walk into a store that just received batch 14 today. It is everything I was hoping for. This seems like the perfect Fall/Winter Bourbon.
7/30/2020 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
What can you mix Bourbon Cream with?

I put some in my coffee this morning.
View Quote


I mixed it with van winkle 10 year when I had it. tasted good with coffee.
7/30/2020 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Jim Beam. I'm not proud.
View Quote



Ilike the original Jim Beam and original Jack Daniels.
Good is good. Snobs are gonna snob.

How do i know if absence makes the heart grow fonder if you won't go away

Extorris: "When I was a rookie I saw my Sergeant turn a guy into a newt."
7/30/2020 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:



Ilike the original Jim Beam and original Jack Daniels.
Good is good. Snobs are gonna snob.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Jim Beam. I'm not proud.



Ilike the original Jim Beam and original Jack Daniels.
Good is good. Snobs are gonna snob.

I had a mint julep today with the Jim Beam black today.

Made for a good pour.
Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns.
7/30/2020 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

I had a mint julep today with the Jim Beam black today.

Made for a good pour.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Jim Beam. I'm not proud.



Ilike the original Jim Beam and original Jack Daniels.
Good is good. Snobs are gonna snob.

I had a mint julep today with the Jim Beam black today.

Made for a good pour.


The old JBB 8 year was an excellent bourbon for the $21-22 price. Now that the price went up and they cut it to “extra aged” it’s not nearly as good.
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/30/2020 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:



Ilike the original Jim Beam and original Jack Daniels.
Good is good. Snobs are gonna snob.
View Quote


Those are mediocre at best.  The Black is good.
Be heard now or be in the herd later.

The voice in your head is a liar.

Cola-warrior.com. Spring is coming.

Winner of the Great Shop War of 2014.

Winner of Cola Warrior 5.
7/31/2020 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Picked up an old favorite I haven’t had at home in a while. When I walk into a restaurant I’ve never been too before, I order Knob Creek most often. Almost every bar has it and it’s always good.

Attached File


Also, picked up this one to try for the first time. Since Wild Turkey 101 has become scarce lately, I’ve been working my way through other cheap 100 proof bourbons for making Kentucky Mules. From WT101 to Old Forester to Old Grandad to this Evan Williams, they are all remarkably different. This one was on sale for $12.99 and it’s very sweet and smooth for a cheap 100 proof. So much so, that I expect in might get lost a bit in the mule.

Attached File
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
7/31/2020 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
What can you mix Bourbon Cream with?

I put some in my coffee this morning.
View Quote


I put more bourbon in mine sometimes
Carry it, shoot it. (repeat forever)

4:1 -- 4 is to mental as 1 is to physical
7/31/2020 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I grabbed a bottle of Peerless bourbon yesterday. Haven’t given it a try yet. Apparently it’s pulled down quite a few awards.
7/31/2020 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
What can you mix Bourbon Cream with?

I put some in my coffee this morning.
View Quote


It’s really good in hot cocoa after an evening of playing in the snow.
“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men”
- Samuel Adams
8/1/2020 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Popped open a bottle of EC Barrel Proof, not too shabby for a hot whiskey...



Incidentally, I have another, earlier bottle kicking around I never got to...

8/3/2020 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Got a man down!!!
Attached File
The Frog is Pepe. Someone shouts Hey Pepe @ Hillary rally, then Roger Stone Jedi Mindfucked someone in the Hillary campaign by putting Pepe in the Deplorables meme and now the shit is getting real.
8/3/2020 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Picked up a bottle of Knob Creek Cask Strength Rye 2018 release a couple days ago.

Gave it a shot this weekend.

It was much smoother than the Baker's 7 I tried beside it, despite being 119.6 proof vs the Baker's 100 proof.

Front end was oak, some spice, and a bit of butter/caramel.  The end was high rye spice and sweet.

A buddy picked up a bottle of the Knob creek 15yr and we all agreed that the Cask Strength Rye was the better of the two.
"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives."-Abba Eban

"I like it both ways, but still mainly mouth it" -gonzo_beyondo

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 184
Next Page

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 9 of 184)