Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 153
Next Page
4/6/2026 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By whiplash10:


I'm about to have the same problem I fear, do you want to run another set?  LMK how much $$!
View Quote
Need your address bud!

@whiplash10
4/6/2026 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?
I bought all this equipment. What do you mean that the dead AREN'T coming back to life?
4/6/2026 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?
View Quote


It depends. How bad do you want the gt4? Do you think the performance delta between the S and GT4 will make a difference in your enjoyment of the car?
4/6/2026 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, she's gone and will be missed.
Attached File
4/6/2026 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?
View Quote

I have a base Cayman and it rules. The S that I have driven also rule. It’s hard to go wrong imo. Top 3 favorite cars I’ve ever driven. Even when I eventually upgrade, this one is a keeper for life. She’s just too much fun.
RIP Sparky 1/15/15
"Did you not take into account I'm a noble savage? Unapologetic lifer for rock 'n roll!"
4/6/2026 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

I have a base Cayman and it rules. The S that I have driven also rule. It's hard to go wrong imo. Top 3 favorite cars I've ever driven. Even when I eventually upgrade, this one is a keeper for life. She's just too much fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?

I have a base Cayman and it rules. The S that I have driven also rule. It's hard to go wrong imo. Top 3 favorite cars I've ever driven. Even when I eventually upgrade, this one is a keeper for life. She's just too much fun.
Thx man.
I bought all this equipment. What do you mean that the dead AREN'T coming back to life?
4/6/2026 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mblades:


It depends. How bad do you want the gt4? Do you think the performance delta between the S and GT4 will make a difference in your enjoyment of the car?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?


It depends. How bad do you want the gt4? Do you think the performance delta between the S and GT4 will make a difference in your enjoyment of the car?
I'd be giving up a cts v with 556 hp so most a downgrade regardless.  
I bought all this equipment. What do you mean that the dead AREN'T coming back to life?
4/6/2026 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Hulley:
Well, she's gone and will be missed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187410/She_gone_jpeg-3742448.JPG
View Quote

Awww man..
SETEC ASTRONOMY
4/7/2026 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HRJ:

Awww man..
View Quote


There will be another, I promise. :)
4/7/2026 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Hulley:


There will be another, I promise. :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Hulley:
Originally Posted By HRJ:

Awww man..


There will be another, I promise. :)


Air or water?
4/7/2026 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Some Porsche and other stuff. I host a big cruise and meet at our hangar every month. I have a photographer cover the cruise and event. Some months from a helicopter.  











4/7/2026 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mblades:


Air or water?
View Quote


More than likely Air, I'm wanting a 993 but those have gotten ridiculous and I've spotted a few G50 Carreras for a decent price.

The air cooled 911 is still expensive to buy but maintenance and parts are relatively cheap and they are DIY friendly cars, aside from rebuilding an engine, the rest of the components aren't too bad.

The rear PASM shocks were starting to leak on my GT4 and those alone are about $4k for a pair and that's just the parts, the PASM engine mounts are similar in price and 10 years seem to be the time frame on when they'll need replacing. Hell, the cupholder on my car (same for 991/981) is $2800 if you have carbon fiber trim.  

I regret big time selling my 79' SC, I still stay in touch with the guy whop bought it and he seems to love it.

Oh well, the GT4 is an amazing car and a truck load of fun to drive, happy that I got to own it.
4/12/2026 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
Some Porsche and other stuff. I host a big cruise and meet at our hangar every month. I have a photographer cover the cruise and event. Some months from a helicopter.  

https://i.postimg.cc/YqdKSgfJ/IMG-1354.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VLKQNMBj/IMG-1367.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/hPDRgMxf/IMG-1424.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/4y5CVhC4/IMG-1461.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3R2QrcnS/IMG-1621.jpg

View Quote

That’s pretty awesome. Where in Texas?
Be free or do not be
4/12/2026 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pilotshark:

That’s pretty awesome. Where in Texas?
View Quote



Thank you. Corpus area.
4/13/2026 2:42:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild][Edited] [#15]
I'm really enjoying the 911 C2S, but sometimes I have a bit of buyers remorse. A number of guys I drive with run GT4RS cars and those things sound absolutely brilliant when they open it up.  I've been giving serious thought to trading out the 911 for a 718 GT4RS. The few guys I've talked to love their GT4's but they also say the 911 is actually a more liveable car. The 718 is sometimes too loud and obnoxious.

Has anyone spent time with a 911 and a GT4RS? Is trading out from a 911 C2S into a GT4RS going to be something I regret, and amd thankful I did? It seems like performance wise the C2S and GT4RS are on pretty even footing, so I wouldnt expect any great changes in performance but going from rear to mid engine would change the feel and that crazy 9k redline......

Heres our last drive where I got to spend time behind a 981 and in front of him was a GT4RS. Having those 2 in front of me was a front row seat to the symphony.


4/13/2026 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
I'm really enjoying the 911 C2S, but sometimes I have a bit of buyers remorse. A number of guys I drive with run GT4RS cars and those things sound absolutely brilliant when they open it up.  I've been giving serious thought to trading out the 911 for a 718 GT4RS. The few guys I've talked to love their GT4's but they also say the 911 is actually a more liveable car. The 718 is sometimes too loud and obnoxious.

Has anyone spent time with a 911 and a GT4RS? Is trading out from a 911 C2S into a GT4RS going to be something I regret, and amd thankful I did? It seems like performance wise the C2S and GT4RS are on pretty even footing, so I wouldnt expect any great changes in performance but going from rear to mid engine would change the feel and that crazy 9k redline......

Heres our last drive where I got to spend time behind a 981 and in front of him was a GT4RS. Having those 2 in front of me was a front row seat to the symphony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7HTdjkKx1k
View Quote


I had a 992 C2S for the weekend not long before I bought my GT4 and the 992 was far more comfortable and dailyable over my GT4 and I didn't even have LWB. The GT4 was a fun car but I have no desire to buy another one, for me, it'll be the 911 or nothing. Obviously I didn't have the GT4RS but the cabin size is the same and I had a couple customers that had GT4RS' and sold them due to it being too loud in the cabin and not being a good daily or even a decent car to go run around in.
4/14/2026 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow how about that new GT3 S/C? I'm on the fence myself. On one hand a GT3 cab is pretty damn cool. On the other hand being a GT series car it really needs a rollbar (Since it isnt a hard top) and I thnk GT cars should have a wing on the back (Another no go what with being a cab)
4/16/2026 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Wow how about that new GT3 S/C? I'm on the fence myself. On one hand a GT3 cab is pretty damn cool. On the other hand being a GT series car it really needs a rollbar (Since it isnt a hard top) and I thnk GT cars should have a wing on the back (Another no go what with being a cab)
View Quote

I can't afford one, but think it's a great idea.  I don't see a ton of GT cars on our PCA drives but the Boxster dudes always have the roof down.
4/16/2026 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Ouch.

4/16/2026 5:20:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: st0newall][Edited] [#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?
View Quote

a properly configued used, 718 gts 4.0 is almost a gt4. same engine, slightly limited rev limit. suspension not quite as hard core. a gts 4.0 with the knob that allows normal, sport, sport+ and individual along with PASM. gt4 seems to have some special cache for some reason. gts 4.0 is 95 (or more) percent of a gt4 with better daily drivability. push a few buttons and its basically a gt4.

gt4rs is a track car. bottom line. it doesnt start to play until you are up in the revs and it screams. from what i have been told, its a pain to drive around town because you dont get into the revs. its also harsh and loud. but it is a killer track car.
4/17/2026 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#21]
https://notthebee.com/article/porche-patents-racing-stripes-that-only-become-visible-in-sport-mode?from_social=twitter
Attached File
q3131: I can enjoy necrobeastialexhibitionism as much as the next guy, but homonecrobestailexhibitionism is just plain sick.

Tomislav:If you truly love something, you need to shoot it, then set it on fire. (And then post pics!)

كا
4/17/2026 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?
View Quote


I think it depends on the year.  The newer cayman s is a turbo 4 whereas the older ones are flat 6.  The gt4 and 4rs are flat 6 so it’ll be different for sure.   Personally I like the loud, high rpm engine and rough ride because I think it’s more fun.  Im not daily driving my car so there is that to consider.  If it’s not a daily just get what you really want.  It’ll be cheaper in the long run.
4/17/2026 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ouch.

View Quote


Just ask Fernando

4/21/2026 1:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild][Edited] [#25]
Signed up for my first HDPE event in May. I didnt realize how much track insurance was. Between HDPE event fees, hotel and insurance (The big one) a track event is a rather spendy way to spend a day. Not something I'll be doing every other weekend thats for sure

Autocross was fun but it didnt really feel like a 911 is in its domain on that. Lots of tight turns and short sprints which it can do but I have a feeling its going to be more in its own on an actual track with good runs, high speeds and tight corners. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Ready to go tear it up at The Ridge Motorsports track.
4/22/2026 12:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades][Edited] [#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Signed up for my first HDPE event in May. I didnt realize how much track insurance was. Between HDPE event fees, hotel and insurance (The big one) a track event is a rather spendy way to spend a day. Not something I'll be doing every other weekend thats for sure

Autocross was fun but it didnt really feel like a 911 is in its domain on that. Lots of tight turns and short sprints which it can do but I have a feeling its going to be more in its own on an actual track with good runs, high speeds and tight corners. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Ready to go tear it up at The Ridge Motorsports track.
View Quote


Nice!

Growing up my dad had a buddy that owned a tow company, he would take your car from PIR and throw it in a ditch for $200.  Cheaper than track day insurance
4/22/2026 12:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades][Edited] [#27]
Good vide of the GT3 SC from the GOAT of automotive journalist.

Porsche 911 S/C exclusive first drive! | Chris Harris on Cars


Tenerife looks a hell of a lot like central Oregon.
4/22/2026 4:13:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiplash10][Edited] [#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:

PM me your address and I'll fire off a set. Note, these are not pretty prints they are functional prints

They are made to use on this sprayer, they might fit others but not sure.

www.amazon.com/dp/https

@whiplash10


EDIT: I cant get the fucking amazon link to work. Maybe this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N47F8DK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

View Quote


Sorry for the delay, thank you!  PM sent!

PCA inaugural meetup last week, good times




4/23/2026 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Karen doesn't like guys GT3 RS

4/23/2026 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#30]
He should have said, "Stop being poor!"
I bought all this equipment. What do you mean that the dead AREN'T coming back to life?
4/24/2026 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By whiplash10:
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:

PM me your address and I'll fire off a set. Note, these are not pretty prints they are functional prints

They are made to use on this sprayer, they might fit others but not sure.

www.amazon.com/dp/https

@whiplash10


EDIT: I cant get the fucking amazon link to work. Maybe this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N47F8DK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1



Sorry for the delay, thank you!  PM sent!

PCA inaugural meetup last week, good times
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55224499739_be32374615_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55223352397_0235b13393_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55224266411_76381306ed_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55224511624_49e88a6da2_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55223364352_341805f219_b.jpg


Some great cars there.  Yellow 996 GT3 and Turbo
4/26/2026 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mblades:


Nice!

Growing up my dad had a buddy that owned a tow company, he would take your car from PIR and throw it in a ditch for $200.  Cheaper than track day insurance
View Quote


That's funny (and also... insurance fraud!).  
Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand, Paul Bhranfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933, Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics...
4/26/2026 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Had to do some work today.  Might as well take the fun car!

Attached File
Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand, Paul Bhranfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933, Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics...
4/26/2026 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#34]
When I came home today, I couldn’t pull her into the garage.  When I went out later to do so, something about the light. I sure love this thing.





4/27/2026 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#35]
991 Turbos are amazing
SETEC ASTRONOMY
5/5/2026 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Some pics from the meet I host at our hanger every month.  I lead a cruise to the hangar. Some months my photographer is in a car and some months in a helicopter. We had a good Porsche gang show up this month.  The cruise can be a few miles long.



















5/5/2026 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
Some pics from the meet I host at our hanger every month.  I lead a cruise to the hangar. Some months my photographer is in a car and some months in a helicopter. We had a good Porsche gang show up this month.  The cruise can be a few miles long.



https://i.postimg.cc/B69fQFq7/IMG-2286.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/YCPwZVT2/IMG-2334.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/159PqDpZ/IMG-2421.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KvZFMtnF/IMG-2428.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/159PqDps/IMG-2429.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/jdsK7yzs/IMG-2435.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KzShvTZJ/IMG-2436.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/NfgYHR1Q/IMG-2439.jpg

View Quote



AWESOME

- Official ARFCOM Nickname: Hardware
- Originally Posted By elcope: Er ist ein Bier leener
- Rhabarber, Rhabarber, ich scheiß auf dein gelaber
5/6/2026 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Oooooooo I see a split bumper
SETEC ASTRONOMY
5/8/2026 2:37:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
Had to do some work today.  Might as well take the fun car!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/IMG_3259_jpeg-3753223.JPG
View Quote
Whoa. Is your car Chaulk?

I see you're in Colorado. Denver area by chance?

@WWolfe
5/9/2026 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Whoa. Is your car Chaulk?

I see you're in Colorado. Denver area by chance?

@WWolfe
View Quote


Yes Chalk.  Yes Colorado/denver.
Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand, Paul Bhranfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933, Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics...
5/9/2026 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks to be a decent Porsche gathering on 8th St. on Amelia today.  Didn’t stop due to lunch plans.
5/10/2026 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Attached File
Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand, Paul Bhranfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933, Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics...
5/11/2026 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History


Great shot!
5/11/2026 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Hulley:


Great shot!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Hulley:


Great shot!


Amazing!  
“A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.” -- Tsunetomo Yamamoto
5/11/2026 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Hulley:


Great shot!
View Quote


Drove through Yellowstone NP yesterday and made this quick stop near Jackson WY.
Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand, Paul Bhranfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933, Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics...
5/11/2026 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WWolfe:


Yes Chalk.  Yes Colorado/denver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Whoa. Is your car Chaulk?

I see you're in Colorado. Denver area by chance?

@WWolfe


Yes Chalk.  Yes Colorado/denver.
Man....I have so many questions. Ok, backstory.

I picked up my chaulk 99.2 with high gloss black aerokit last....August? I made a quick trip back to the Colorado/Nebraska area. Anyways, a few months later my mom is in Denver and sends me a text that she swears she just saw my car. I laughed and thought hey thats cool, someone else with a chaulk 992 and gloss aerokit. Pretty rare option set.

Then I see your post and I'm sitting here like mind blown.... I have to assume my mom saw your car given how rare that option set is. Which is totally wild to me to think an Arfcommer has the same visual look that I have

I'll have my 911 back in that area August next year (Fells like forever at this point) for the SORC (Sandhills Open Road Challenge).


@WWolfe



5/12/2026 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Man....I have so many questions. Ok, backstory.

I picked up my chaulk 99.2 with high gloss black aerokit last....August? I made a quick trip back to the Colorado/Nebraska area. Anyways, a few months later my mom is in Denver and sends me a text that she swears she just saw my car. I laughed and thought hey thats cool, someone else with a chaulk 992 and gloss aerokit. Pretty rare option set.

Then I see your post and I'm sitting here like mind blown.... I have to assume my mom saw your car given how rare that option set is. Which is totally wild to me to think an Arfcommer has the same visual look that I have

I'll have my 911 back in that area August next year (Fells like forever at this point) for the SORC (Sandhills Open Road Challenge).


@WWolfe



View Quote


Funny!  Could have been me.  I don't drive it a ton, either, so even more of a coincidence if she saw me!
Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand, Paul Bhranfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933, Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics...
5/12/2026 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By st0newall:

a properly configued used, 718 gts 4.0 is almost a gt4. same engine, slightly limited rev limit. suspension not quite as hard core. a gts 4.0 with the knob that allows normal, sport, sport+ and individual along with PASM. gt4 seems to have some special cache for some reason. gts 4.0 is 95 (or more) percent of a gt4 with better daily drivability. push a few buttons and its basically a gt4.

gt4rs is a track car. bottom line. it doesnt start to play until you are up in the revs and it screams. from what i have been told, its a pain to drive around town because you dont get into the revs. its also harsh and loud. but it is a killer track car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By st0newall:
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Question for the Porsche owners.  Assuming buying used.  If one really wanted a cayman gt4, would you be extremely disappointed in owning a standard cayman s?

a properly configued used, 718 gts 4.0 is almost a gt4. same engine, slightly limited rev limit. suspension not quite as hard core. a gts 4.0 with the knob that allows normal, sport, sport+ and individual along with PASM. gt4 seems to have some special cache for some reason. gts 4.0 is 95 (or more) percent of a gt4 with better daily drivability. push a few buttons and its basically a gt4.

gt4rs is a track car. bottom line. it doesnt start to play until you are up in the revs and it screams. from what i have been told, its a pain to drive around town because you dont get into the revs. its also harsh and loud. but it is a killer track car.



My sister has a GT4RS I’ve driven it twice.   It’s a fun car, but after an hour I want my car back.    The suspension is just too much for my broken body long term.
"My gun fight is going pretty bad if it involves anything but super soakers at a wet t shirt contest" -Aimless

“3:50 from post to lock, who's the champ? Me, mother fuckers” -Aimless
5/13/2026 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Signed up for my first HPDE event this Friday at The Ridge Motorposrts. And of course, they are calling for rain. FML. Welcome to the Pacific Northwet. If it aint raining, you aint training.
5/17/2026 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Finished up my first HPDE event at The Ridge. Man, what an experience. It was raining to beat hell most of the day, in a way I got lucky since it was so wet it lowered the limits which meant I could learn the track and explore the cars behavior without going Ludicrous speed around the track. My instructor was fantastic, and I look forward to working with him again. Really looking forward to the next one but man it aint cheap so this definitely isnt going to be an every weekend thing.

Playing in the rain:





Cleared up in the afternoon for a while. Got in a good session with no rain but the track was still wet. Had an opportunity to go GT hunting which was fun. They had the wrong tires for the day. Run whatchya briung and hope ya brung enough I guess.

The Ridge HPDE 5.25 Last lap


@BlackTaco

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 153
Next Page