Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2018 9:58:20 PM EDT
For those who don't know, it's the sequel to a zombie apocalypse survival game. You have random characters- who can all die, who you can control to build up a community. Scavenging resources, building you base, doing random missions for strangers and community members, etc... Basically, the community you create is "main character". It looks and controls a lot like GTA.

I loved the first one, it was a great sandbox to enjoy the apocalypse. The second one came out this past Tuesday and due to me being home after shoulder surgery, I've put in several hours already. I'm enjoying it a lot. I've  found that the game starts to open up once you get your group established and out of the beginning areas. It can be tough, ammo and gas have been hard to scavenge. Vehicles are hard to come by. It's a pretty tough world and they did a great job of capturing the desperation of the apocalypse.

So, have any of you guys picked this up? Have any good stories? It has cooperative multiplayer, as well, but I haven't played with anyone yet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By DisplacedOkie:
For those who don't know, it's the sequel to a zombie apocalypse survival game. You have random characters- who can all die, who you can control to build up a community. Scavenging resources, building you base, doing random missions for strangers and community members, etc... Basically, the community you create is "main character". It looks and controls a lot like GTA.

I loved the first one, it was a great sandbox to enjoy the apocalypse. The second one came out this past Tuesday and due to me being home after shoulder surgery, I've put in several hours already. I'm enjoying it a lot. I've  found that the game starts to open up once you get your group established and out of the beginning areas. It can be tough, ammo and gas have been hard to scavenge. Vehicles are hard to come by. It's a pretty tough world and they did a great job of capturing the desperation of the apocalypse.

So, have any of you guys picked this up? Have any good stories? It has cooperative multiplayer, as well, but I haven't played with anyone yet.
View Quote
I loved the first one, I am interested in this one.  Will probably buy an Xbox one just for this game.  SMH.  I love that they are realistic and that the characters can die, I saw that you're character can die in co-op multiplayer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Necropost, I know. So I played it for a few days and it was pretty fun. However, I stopped playing because it suffered from the same problems as the first one. The mission tempo was way over the top. Add in the fact that many missions have an unrealistic time limit makes for unpleasant gameplay. I simply got tired of missions timing out when they’re hammering you with like 5 or 6 at once.

If they fix this mechanic, the game would be much more enjoyable.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Cars ran out of gas too quickly, full-speed ramming the tank zombie would sometimes damage it--slightly...while fucking up your car.

Stripped areas of resources too quickly, forcing a move that felt unfair..."Why did I build this place up so much, if I was going to have to leave?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top