Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 6:25:57 PM EDT
Has anyone ever successfully changed the way their beard hairs grow?  Almost the entire right side of my beard grows sideways, towards my ear.   My sideburn down to about the bottom of my earlobe grows vertically, then the rest is sideways; cheek, jawline, neck, etc.  My beard isn't quite long enough yet to use a straightener, but I've read that using brushing and combs, you can alter the growth direction over time.  I usually comb after showering but I don't have a beard brush currently.  So I'm curious to see if anyone else has this issue?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Ain’t gonna happen, it grows the way it grows. All the brushing in the world won’t change it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
No idea about changing it, but my hair also grows in multiple directions.

-cheeks hair points down
-base of neck hair points up
-middle of neck hair points sideways

Makes for a sort of multi step shaving process that took me awhile to really understand.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel ghey offering this advice. WTF. Stop shaving. Completely. Let that shit grow for 4months. Then go to a barber and have it shaped however you want. Reconcile that you will need to blow dry it with heat with a boar’s hair brush when you get out of the shower. Throw some beard butter in it beforehand. It will straighten and grow in whatever direction you train it to.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
I feel ghey offering this advice. WTF. Stop shaving. Completely. Let that shit grow for 4months. Then go to a barber and have it shaped however you want. Reconcile that you will need to blow dry it with heat with a boar's hair brush when you get out of the shower. Throw some beard butter in it beforehand. It will straighten and grow in whatever direction you train it to.
View Quote

I havent shaved in a few weeks, but I have to keep it somewhat neat due to work.  Technically according to my reasonable accommodation, I'm not allowed to have it longer than 1/8th inch but they've never complained as long as it's not grizzly adams style or made up like gangster line beard style.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
maybe a BEARD is just not for you???

keep it tight    problem solved

of course my beard is down past my nips....i feel ghey for even talking bout it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top