Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

REST IN PEACE (Page 169 of 208)

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page
12/8/2013 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever respite and relief it may have for Jeff and Reta:

I'm of that age where my friends and family are passing, obviously much more than when I was younger. It always visits reflection upon my own mortality.

In each passing though....that reflection makes me reckon upon the blessings at my hand. My wife, my children, what has been a largely undeserved, good life.

I cannot but to appreciate these things more as a result; it still makes me miss those who have left also, but makes me reconcile the gifts they gave me while here.

Jeff and Reta have those same gifts. They are priceless, worthy of covet, and too fleeting and fragile to condemn to remembrance via only photos or letters.

Your home's prayers will be those of mine.
I'm gonna hear "ongoing investigation" one more fucking time, and I'll become a Person of Interest in one....
12/8/2013 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This has been mentioned, without being specific, on Channel 10 news, who linked to this story:



http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20131208/NEWS/131209769/1994/NEWS



It's mainly about Arfcom moving, but makes a reference to this thread on the last page... :')




Award: 24/365 Most likely to be an appendix.

"Arfcom makes me happy. Arfcom is like a giant, heavily armed, dysfunctional family that smells like cheetos and gun oil." - Undefined
12/8/2013 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quote History
Originally Posted By LMTRocks:


Jeff-

I'm hoping that you're feeling good today, and that prayers are being answered.



I hope you get Christmas gifts galore and see 2014 arrive.



I hope a miracle has begun.



That the cancer would be gone.



Your life restored.



I'm praying for all these things, and as many of us have asked before, May God bless you richly.



Godspeed HEALING!
View Quote




^ This



Prayers before I sleep.



 
"Women are amazing creatures-sweet, soft, gentle & far more savage than we are" Robert A. Heinlein

"Why black rifles? Because FUCK YOU! That's why."
12/8/2013 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By silentblades:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

God Bless

Eta not sure if my link worked.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc
View Quote



CURB STOMP THE COMMIES...JOIN THE NRA

Member of NRA SAF NJ2AS ANJRPC NYSRPA VCDL MARYLAND SHALL ISSUE & GEORGIA CARRY.ORG
12/8/2013 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Doppleganger871:
This has been mentioned, without being specific, on Channel 10 news, who linked to this story:

http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20131208/NEWS/131209769/1994/NEWS

It's mainly about Arfcom moving, but makes a reference to this thread on the last page... :')

View Quote


Great article. Thank you for posting.
12/8/2013 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
God bless.
“The heaviest penalty for declining to rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”
? Plato,
12/8/2013 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeff and Reta I pray you have a good night, I pray tomorrow brings you joy and happiness.



Here is one of my favorite Christmas Carols.  Merry Christmas Reed family.




"Elephant copulation lasts only 20 seconds. This should make a lot of men feel better. " A.J. Jacobs
12/8/2013 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thinking of you all today...
Survivor of the great Arfcockalypse of 11/2012
"We will bury you without firing a shot." --Nikita Kruschev to the USA at the UN 1956
12/8/2013 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
God bless you Jeff... Good night and evening prayers from West Virginia
12/8/2013 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Jeff,

I hope that you are resting well. Prayers sent.

Lonnie Spann
12/8/2013 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JunkyardLily:


Bumping the links, here.  Wishing a good and restful night, and comfort for Jeff and the Reed family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By JunkyardLily:
Originally Posted By txpopgun:







DONT MAKE GRUMPY CAT SHOW UP


Bumping the links, here.  Wishing a good and restful night, and comfort for Jeff and the Reed family.

Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/8/2013 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#12]

12/8/2013 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Thoughts and Prayers sent.

Keep up the fight.

Wes
12/8/2013 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Keep Fighting Jeff, Evening prayers sent
<font size=3>IYAOYAS</font id=s3>
12/8/2013 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote



Thanks for being there with him when others cannot but would like to.  Great things have been said about our friend, your friend.  


Hang in there, Jeff.
12/8/2013 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#16]


Suddenly my problems seem small....thanks and I hope you have a good day.
"To a statist, everything not under control is out of control." - Aaron Zelman
12/8/2013 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Team Lighthouse

Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

I got so much procrastinating done today.

Award: 24/365 Showgirl
12/8/2013 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Wish you were here to see this Jeff. But thats OK.
I will send pictures.

12/8/2013 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Wish you were here to see this Jeff. But thats OK.
I will send pictures.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0614_zps82204ca9.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0636_zpsdbce57aa.jpg
View Quote


Dang M1!  You've been sharing some mighty fine pics lately.  THANK YOU.

Goodnight all.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/8/2013 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Hoping your day was good.

Prayers from Oregon.

Rest easy.
12/8/2013 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By DWFAN:
Originally Posted By silentblades:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

God Bless

Eta not sure if my link worked.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc&app=desktop



Ty
R.I.P. Chris Kyle
God Bless you and your family
12/8/2013 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I see a title edit. This can't be good.
Your freedom to be you inculdes my freedom to be free from you

Nothing has the capability of turning a normally intelligent, logical man into a complete buffoon quite like boat ramps or wasp nests.
12/8/2013 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#23]
The title change has brought tears to my old eyes.
I'm gonna hear "ongoing investigation" one more fucking time, and I'll become a Person of Interest in one....
12/8/2013 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bigred3516:
I see a title edit. This can't be good.
View Quote


Yeah, just saw it.  
semper fudge
12/8/2013 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Lord be with the family.
12/8/2013 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn, just noticed the change in the thread title
12/8/2013 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#27]
12/8/2013 11:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToledoXJ][Edited] [#28]
Be with God good sir. May you find peace and comfort in His house
12/8/2013 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HarrisAR15:
Damn, just noticed the change in the thread title
View Quote


CURB STOMP THE COMMIES...JOIN THE NRA

Member of NRA SAF NJ2AS ANJRPC NYSRPA VCDL MARYLAND SHALL ISSUE & GEORGIA CARRY.ORG
12/8/2013 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By wunbadweel:
The title change has brought tears to my old eyes.
View Quote


"No. No, man. Sh*t no, man! I believe you could get your ass kicked for saying something like that, man."
12/8/2013 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#31]
12/8/2013 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope and trust Jeff is now free of his pain and suffering.
12/8/2013 11:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1][Edited] [#33]
Thread title just changed, OH GOD NO.............
A bit of sunshine, The family has my heart...And my prayers.


I have to go now!
12/8/2013 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quote History
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:



Originally Posted By wunbadweel:

The title change has brought tears to my old eyes.








 
<font size=3>IYAOYAS</font id=s3>
12/8/2013 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#35]


Safe journey Jeff.
Team Opie 288
12/8/2013 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Please accept my condolences.
If someone told you I ever gave a damn...they damn sure told you wrong.
12/8/2013 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#37]
12/8/2013 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I saw the title change and my heart sunk. So soon, so soon.

God Bless you Jeff, God Bless you Reta. God Bless your kids.
XCRmonger on GD: "I comfort myself with the knowledge that for every one vicious little twat, there are two good ones."
12/8/2013 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Jeff left us today with his best friend and me by his side. His passing was peaceful, as we all prayed it would be. I believe he waited for his dad, brother and aunt to visit. He will be sorely missed, but I am relieved for him that there are no more needles, no more chemo, no more puking his guts out.

I curled up in the bed next to him and I heard a small voice laugh at me and say "You know I'm not in there, right?" I just said, yeah, yeah, just leave me alone. Humor me.

The kids are taking it as well as can be expected. The healing is beginning for us, as Jeff has completed his healing on the other side.
12/8/2013 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Godspeed, Jeff! Thank you for enriching our lives, while you were with us!
12/8/2013 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#41]
God bless you, Reta.
I have to return some videos.
12/8/2013 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn.
"At some point, after seeing their profession maligned time and time again (real or perceived), a few of them kind of go "You know what? Fuck it"." Subnet on being a LEO on ARFCOM.
12/8/2013 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you for posting and for allowing us to make friends with him during your family's time.
I hope it made him feel loved and cared for. I hope we aren't too selfish.

God bless your family
12/8/2013 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FW_wife:
Jeff left us today with his best friend and me by his side. His passing was peaceful, as we all prayed it would be. I believe he waited for his dad, brother and aunt to visit. He will be sorely missed, but I am relieved for him that there are no more needles, no more chemo, no more puking his guts out.

I curled up in the bed next to him and I heard a small voice laugh at me and say "You know I'm not in there, right?" I just said, yeah, yeah, just leave me alone. Humor me.

The kids are taking it as well as can be expected. The healing is beginning for us, as Jeff has completed his healing on the other side.
View Quote


I'm so very sorry for your loss Reta

You will see him again
CURB STOMP THE COMMIES...JOIN THE NRA

Member of NRA SAF NJ2AS ANJRPC NYSRPA VCDL MARYLAND SHALL ISSUE & GEORGIA CARRY.ORG
12/8/2013 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FW_wife:
Jeff left us today with his best friend and me by his side. His passing was peaceful, as we all prayed it would be. I believe he waited for his dad, brother and aunt to visit. He will be sorely missed, but I am relieved for him that there are no more needles, no more chemo, no more puking his guts out.

I curled up in the bed next to him and I heard a small voice laugh at me and say "You know I'm not in there, right?" I just said, yeah, yeah, just leave me alone. Humor me.

The kids are taking it as well as can be expected. The healing is beginning for us, as Jeff has completed his healing on the other side.
View Quote


I'm so sorry for your loss.
ARFCOM.....Time well wasted.
12/8/2013 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Please accept my condolences Reta.  
"Crap! I forgot." - Deej86 Oct 2007

My dick was orange for months afterwards and I was 500 miles away. (The_Beer_Slayer expressing his love for Cheetos during a disaster)
12/8/2013 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Godspeed brother Jeff.
Proud Member - "Team Ranstad"
12/8/2013 11:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght][Edited] [#48]
May God be with you, and let me know when little man wants to hunt elk.





It would be my pleasure to guide him on an elk hunt.



May your family find peace soon.





1 MOA All Day member.

Wyoming HTF Moderator
Air Gun forum Moderator
12/8/2013 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Very sorry to hear this....be strong, take care of your son.
I wish I had more hands, so I could give that ass four thumbs down. - badfish274

Is that your Weiner? No homo but that's pretty impressive girth you got there. - DanTSX
12/8/2013 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Requiem Aeternam dona eis, Domine et lux perpetua luceat eis: Requiescant in pace. Amen.

Translated: Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.

-Bru

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page

REST IN PEACE (Page 169 of 208)