Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

Official cyclist thread (Page 5 of 26)

Previous Page
/ 26
Next Page
3/24/2025 6:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheYellowThing][Edited] [#1]
The last bike that I raced on.

Good for crits. Long rides and descents?  fuck that.



Could break an anvil with a rubber mallet
3/24/2025 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By zach_:
Dang, y'all got some cool looking bikes. Hey, my Schwinn Varsity was the the shit in its day. Mid to late 70s perfection. No digital pics, well, just because. Aside from the tires, it was very durable.
View Quote
Hey that is a super cool bike to hold on to in good shape....classic's are making a return.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By crurifragium:
Carbon Gravel frame I won in a Internet drawing built up with 105 Di2 and carbon wheels with 38mm slicks

https://i.imgur.com/Hea5wEV.jpeg
View Quote
hmmm looks like a chinarello

btw I one one F8 and did a ton of crits on it....now it is on my trainer full time.

Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By King_Mud:
https://i.postimg.cc/pX32xvXD/IMG-6409.png



Seriously though, this looks nuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKjMJqEVR6E
View Quote
There are videos of people doing that on.....fixie bikes...oh hell no.

I would totally do it on my crit bike.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
I ordered a Garmin RTL515 radar.  They are on sale atm for $150.  No more constantly looking behind me to see whats coming.  Excited for it .
View Quote
Been rolling with radar for years....super nice.  I just got the 715 which is camera/light/radar.  So far the video is okay I have other rear cameras that do better.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By coal-cracker:


While I have no hangups about riding carbon frames (I'm on my 4th), carbon wheels would get destroyed with rock gouges way too quickly where I ride. Too many unforgiving rock gardens.
(And I have the finesse of an avalanche.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By coal-cracker:
Originally Posted By Fourman:
The new Enve Air's duh


While I have no hangups about riding carbon frames (I'm on my 4th), carbon wheels would get destroyed with rock gouges way too quickly where I ride. Too many unforgiving rock gardens.
(And I have the finesse of an avalanche.)
agreed....If I even went off-road.....I feel sorry for anything I am on since I have super low off-road skills.....I can do cyclcross...but that is very different.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
YES 3T makes sweet bikes
Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:10:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bottle][Edited] [#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SeanTX:


I ordered one last week...
Will show myself out.
View Quote

@seantx Please come back! E-bikes are allowed and you get a hug. OP has been edited, sorry.
3/24/2025 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
3/24/2025 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Bottle:

Please come back! E-bikes are allowed and you get a hug. OP has been edited, sorry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Bottle:
Originally Posted By SeanTX:


I ordered one last week...
Will show myself out.

Please come back! E-bikes are allowed and you get a hug. OP has been edited, sorry.


E-Bikes are welcome!

I got nothing against them.
3/24/2025 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
View Quote


Fox Ranger line of clothes is what I wear.  Tight fitting enough to not get in the way but still loose.
3/24/2025 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
View Quote
Last kit was Voler.

get fit. Their sizing is fucked.

I am a fat fuck now. Used to be a roleur.
Could break an anvil with a rubber mallet
3/24/2025 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
View Quote
all I wear is aero one piece these days.....but then again that is what road racing is these days.

I sometimes wear bibs and jersey....on long rides (80+)
Living in the free state of Texas
3/24/2025 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
View Quote

Cycling underwear

Quick dry hiking shorts

Quick dry high vis t-shirts
3/24/2025 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
hmmm looks like a chinarello

btw I one one F8 and did a ton of crits on it....now it is on my trainer full time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Originally Posted By crurifragium:
Carbon Gravel frame I won in a Internet drawing built up with 105 Di2 and carbon wheels with 38mm slicks

https://i.imgur.com/Hea5wEV.jpeg
hmmm looks like a chinarello

btw I one one F8 and did a ton of crits on it....now it is on my trainer full time.


http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1639

As far as I can tell, it's a 1:1 clone of Grevil's frame geometry.

With these tires on the  50mm by 26mm inner width rims, I've been beating my Strava times on my 2 1/2 lb lighter non-aero road bike and enjoying hilarious lean angles with all that grip.

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/cx-gravel-reviews/schwalbe-pro-one-tle-38
3/25/2025 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
all I wear is aero one piece these days.....but then again that is what road racing is these days.

I sometimes wear bibs and jersey....on long rides (80+)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
all I wear is aero one piece these days.....but then again that is what road racing is these days.

I sometimes wear bibs and jersey....on long rides (80+)
I started with the f bike clothes. Even the mountain bike stuff.  Then my wife got me some padded liners and shorts for the MTB. It was a gateway drug. Full Lycra now.  No fucks given.
3/25/2025 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Bump. Wildcat Trail at standing boy in Columbus ga.
Attached File
3/25/2025 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By sorionc:
I started with the f bike clothes. Even the mountain bike stuff.  Then my wife got me some padded liners and shorts for the MTB. It was a gateway drug. Full Lycra now.  No fucks given.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By sorionc:
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
all I wear is aero one piece these days.....but then again that is what road racing is these days.

I sometimes wear bibs and jersey....on long rides (80+)
I started with the f bike clothes. Even the mountain bike stuff.  Then my wife got me some padded liners and shorts for the MTB. It was a gateway drug. Full Lycra now.  No fucks given.

They hate us cuz they ain’t us
3/25/2025 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JamesTKirk:
If you were thinking about getting into biking, would it be better to buy a newer bike, or try to restore a hand me down Peugeot bike like from the 80's?
View Quote

A Peugeot with cottered cranks needs the crank set replaced. The cotter pins (they're tapered pins with a flat ) are close enough to useless, and its hard to believe anyone thought they were a great idea

I have no idea whether parts are available.



Keep your powder dry, and watch your back trail.
3/25/2025 11:09:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-][Edited] [#20]
Not a great Pic, but this is my Salsa Cutthroat V2 I'm getting prepped for bikepacking. I did RAGBRAI 50 in 2023 and met a bikepacker on day 2 and chatted a good portion of the evening with him. Super cool guy that got me intrigued.

I plan on riding RAGBRAI again next year for RAGBRAI 53 and will bikepack the whole way.

Just finally got the drivetrain figured out. 12s GRX Di2, using a mtb crank which necessitated a custom machined front mech hanger to enable it to be mounted low enough. Has satellite shifters and cross top brake levers to allow braking and shifting from the tops as well for more flexibility. Also got the Rene Herse tires mounted tubeless, and they hold air exceptionally well. Should be like riding on a cloud, even fully weighed down with gear I should be at about 42PSI.

Still need to pick up a tent, but waiting on one to be released to finally make a decision.

Attached File
3/25/2025 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


Love to see an entire family out there! Awesome.

My daughter and I went for a ride yesterday.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_2117_jpeg-3499233.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


Love to see an entire family out there! Awesome.

My daughter and I went for a ride yesterday.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_2117_jpeg-3499233.JPG


That's what it's all about right there!
I teach my daughters to shoot because a restraining order is just a piece of paper.
Author: unknown
3/25/2025 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By FaygoJoe:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?

Cycling underwear

Quick dry hiking shorts

Quick dry high vis t-shirts

Nice, I will pick up these.
3/25/2025 6:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: disco_jon75][Edited] [#23]
Guess this location!



2008 or so Specialized Roubaix.  Photo taken in 2020.
Tanker Toad and Drone Jockey
On the ground:
Iraq: 2004, 2008, 2021
Afghanistan: 2006, 2008, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Horn of Africa: 2012-2013
3/25/2025 6:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest][Edited] [#24]
Got home from work and I no sooner get in the door my daughter comes running down the stairs, 'C'mon let's go ride our bikes.'

Not gonna lie, I wanted to change and take a nap on the couch.

But I didn't even change, I grabbed my helmet and took her bike riding. We didn't go far as she's still learning. We just did a ton of laps in front of the house.

Two days ago she was crying and claiming she was going to fall and die. Today she's peddling by herself and trying to go as fast as she can. She still doesn't turn, straight lines she's good but turning she loses her balance quick. Needless to say, I'm proud of her she's learning real quick. I'm hoping to be able to actually go on longer rides soon with her. There's actually a fairly flat trail I hiked with my wife last summer I want to go bike riding on that I think my daughter would like.

3/25/2025 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Got home from work and I no sooner get in the door my daughter comes running down the stairs, 'C'mon let's go ride our bikes.'

Not gonna lie, I wanted to change and take a nap on the couch.

But I didn't even change, I grabbed my helmet and took her bike riding. We didn't go far as she's still learning. We just did a ton of laps in front of the house.

Two days ago she was crying and claiming she was going to fall and die. Today she's peddling by herself and trying to go as fast as she can. She still doesn't turn, straight lines she's good but turning she looses her balance quick. Needless to say, I'm proud of her she's learning real quick. I'm hoping to be able to actually go on longer rides soon with her. There's actually a fairly flat trail I hiked with my wife last summer I want to go bike riding on that I think my daughter would like.

View Quote



That’s awesome and good on you for putting in the time with her after you got off work. That can be tough to do sometimes.
3/25/2025 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
Guess this location!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105802/20200713_145549-2837400.jpg

2008 or so Specialized Roubaix.  Photo taken in 2020.
View Quote


Camp buehring kuwait
3/25/2025 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Koa:


That's what it's all about right there!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Koa:
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


Love to see an entire family out there! Awesome.

My daughter and I went for a ride yesterday.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_2117_jpeg-3499233.JPG


That's what it's all about right there!


3/25/2025 7:17:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maslin02][Edited] [#28]
First day riding to work this year. Been out on the mountain bike most mornings while the wife is marathon training, but feels good to commute again.

Commuter bikes shouldn’t be boring

3/25/2025 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Got home from work and I no sooner get in the door my daughter comes running down the stairs, 'C'mon let's go ride our bikes.'

Not gonna lie, I wanted to change and take a nap on the couch.

But I didn't even change, I grabbed my helmet and took her bike riding. We didn't go far as she's still learning. We just did a ton of laps in front of the house.

Two days ago she was crying and claiming she was going to fall and die. Today she's peddling by herself and trying to go as fast as she can. She still doesn't turn, straight lines she's good but turning she looses her balance quick. Needless to say, I'm proud of her she's learning real quick. I'm hoping to be able to actually go on longer rides soon with her. There's actually a fairly flat trail I hiked with my wife last summer I want to go bike riding on that I think my daughter would like.

View Quote
years from now she will very much remember this
Living in the free state of Texas
3/25/2025 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
Guess this location!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105802/20200713_145549-2837400.jpg

2008 or so Specialized Roubaix.  Photo taken in 2020.
View Quote
Attached File

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." - Thomas Jefferson
VCDL Member
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT and damn PROUD to be! : Arfcom Callsign "Bucket 2"
3/25/2025 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Ok, what is everyone wearing while riding? I've never been into tight fitting clothing so I'm looking for some looser fitting. What does everyone suggest?
View Quote


Bid and jersey here so not much help for loose fitting. I mostly wear Assos.

A good kit is well worth the money.
3/25/2025 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone in NTX that would like to ride road bikes? PM me.
3/25/2025 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Anyone in NTX that would like to ride road bikes? PM me.
View Quote


What is NTX?
3/25/2025 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Drop the hammer

Attached File
3/25/2025 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By muddywings:
Drop the hammer

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318218/IMG_7669_png-3500231.JPG
View Quote



Sweet. Bentonville is on my list of places to ride.
3/25/2025 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


What is NTX?
View Quote


North Texas. North of Dallas typically.
3/26/2025 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Anyone in NTX that would like to ride road bikes? PM me.
View Quote
Have you done any of the weekly crits up in Dallas area?  I have been wanting to try it out someday.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/26/2025 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Have you done any of the weekly crits up in Dallas area?  I have been wanting to try it out someday.
View Quote


I haven’t even heard of it. Could you send me more information on that or point me in the right direction?
3/26/2025 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:


I haven't even heard of it. Could you send me more information on that or point me in the right direction?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Have you done any of the weekly crits up in Dallas area?  I have been wanting to try it out someday.


I haven't even heard of it. Could you send me more information on that or point me in the right direction?
This is where you would see it...which right now I don't see anything yet.  Last year there was a summer series

https://www.bikereg.com/events?types=1 ion=TX
Living in the free state of Texas
3/26/2025 12:11:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deano_d][Edited] [#40]
This is my boy Max. This is from last years season. He took 7th grade overall in a field of 70 boys. He is bigger and stronger this year and we can’t wait to see what he does! Joker even got me into the sport. The kids he is passing in the later parts are all 8th and 6th graders. He won the last race by 3 minutes!!

Last race recap

He also switched up to a specialized epic 8 this year.
3/26/2025 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Deano_d:
This is my boy Max. This is from last years season. He took 7th grade overall in a field of 70 boys. He is bigger and stronger this year and we can't wait to see what he does! Joker even got me into the sport. The kids he is passing in the later parts are all 8th and 6th graders. He won the last race by 3 minutes!!

Last race recap

He also switched up to a specialized epic 8 this year.
View Quote
WINNING!!!!
Living in the free state of Texas
3/26/2025 1:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zephri][Edited] [#42]
Now that the season has started this is my view for 7 hours a day until it ends.

Shops getting another electric stand next week so I won't have to lift heavy ebikes for long.



3/26/2025 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Deano_d:
This is my boy Max. This is from last years season. He took 7th grade overall in a field of 70 boys. He is bigger and stronger this year and we can’t wait to see what he does! Joker even got me into the sport. The kids he is passing in the later parts are all 8th and 6th graders. He won the last race by 3 minutes!!

Last race recap

He also switched up to a specialized epic 8 this year.
View Quote


Heck yeah that’s awesome!
3/26/2025 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Zephri:
Now that the season has started this is my view for 7 hours a day until it ends.

Shops getting another electric stand next week so I won't have to lift heavy ebikes for long.

https://i.ibb.co/fYj0189w/20250326-124315.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/mVYG8Ybz/20250326-124253.jpg
View Quote


What shop do you work at?
3/26/2025 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


What shop do you work at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By Zephri:
Now that the season has started this is my view for 7 hours a day until it ends.

Shops getting another electric stand next week so I won't have to lift heavy ebikes for long.

https://i.ibb.co/fYj0189w/20250326-124315.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/mVYG8Ybz/20250326-124253.jpg


What shop do you work at?

EBoom electric bikes in Zionsville Indiana, if it exists on the floor this year then I probably put it together.
3/27/2025 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Zephri:

EBoom electric bikes in Zionsville Indiana, if it exists on the floor this year then I probably put it together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Zephri:
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By Zephri:
Now that the season has started this is my view for 7 hours a day until it ends.

Shops getting another electric stand next week so I won't have to lift heavy ebikes for long.

https://i.ibb.co/fYj0189w/20250326-124315.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/mVYG8Ybz/20250326-124253.jpg


What shop do you work at?

EBoom electric bikes in Zionsville Indiana, if it exists on the floor this year then I probably put it together.


Gotcha that’s a lot of e bikes.
3/27/2025 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#47]
More from standing boy in GA.

Attached File

Attached File

Attached File
3/27/2025 11:52:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arkturus][Edited] [#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:


That sounds really neat!  Thanks for letting me know.

.... although my dumb treadmill literally died on Friday, so if I have to buy a new treadmill, I don't want to spend more money on other stuff.  
View Quote
@DK-Prof

Example of Rouvy.  My back is connected to this in place of the rear wheel.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/indoor-cycling/bike-trainers/kickr-buy

The app on the laptop controls the trainer resistance.  When you go uphill in the app, the resistance increases etc.   The route I am on in the picture tonight was Kona somewhere.


3/28/2025 9:25:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne][Edited] [#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
@DK-Prof

Example of Rouvy.  My back is connected to this in place of the rear wheel.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/indoor-cycling/bike-trainers/kickr-buy

The app on the laptop controls the trainer resistance.  When you go uphill in the app, the resistance increases etc.   The route I am on in the picture tonight was Kona somewhere.

https://i.imgur.com/Hqz2pBi.jpeg
View Quote



Garmin TacX is similar, recorded rides, video plays. I cast to a tv screen using my phone to control the app but you can use a laptop as well.

the Garmin app also has "road feel" which changes the ride quality based on the road surface. its actually pretty cool, you roll over cobblestones and it feels like your riding on cobblestones. It has a bunch of routes from all over the world.

Plus you can download ride with GPS files to use, but for obvious reasons it doesn't have the video just shows a map.

Attached File


Attached File
3/28/2025 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
View Quote


Brings back memories. I used to hit Snowshoe a few times a year.
Had the Santa Cruz Super 8, if that tells you how long ago.
Anger is a Gift

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 26
Next Page

Official cyclist thread (Page 5 of 26)