Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2019 9:05:25 PM EDT
Good Evening!

I am looking for suggestions from other big girls on where you conceal carry. My husband and I are looking to have me carry and being a big girl I want to get feedback and hear from you. What type of firearm do you carry and where do you prefer to wear it?

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What experience shooting do you have so far?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ladies have it the easiest. Purses can hold up to a mp5k that I’ve seen. My ex could put a g19 in her cleavage and not print. There’s also some lady specific undergarments designed for cc like a girdle type thing, some sports bra things etc. I forget where she got the clothing from but it should be super easy to find such items on google. My mom has a little 380 Ruger she uses in a white kydex iwb holster so it doesn’t show through light colored clothing. It really is going to depend on the size of gun and if you want it on you or with you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
OP, welcome to the site!
There are 'bra carry' holsters for women with surprisingly small cleavage.

Also, there's a Women's Forum where you may get some help.

Again, welcome and good luck!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a novice. That is not to say that I have not been around firearms all of my life and practice at the range a few times a year. I still have so much to learn and even with the guide of family and husband I will still be taking classes.
My husband has always been the cc in our home but with recent events and other reason we are seriously talking about me carrying. I hadn't really wanted to... well I did, but I know the responsibility you take on when you wear it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, kindly! I'll check out the group!

I've been watching AR15 over my husband's shoulder for 10 years but now that I'm seriously considering cc I figured I'd start getting involved. :)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Bobby,

My first thought was a purse, however, I am disabled and sometimes use a wheelchair so the less "stuff" I have with me the better. I had wondered if I could find a body shaper type belly band or under bottoms that could be adapted with a comfortable pouch for concealing. I know they make cutesy little things for thin women but for a nonbusty big girl with hips.... lol I just may have to create my own.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?

@FW_wife carries in her purse.

@BigEasySnow NEVER carries in her purse.

If you carry a revolver, one advantage of purse carry is you can shoot from inside the purse - and every time you practice that will require you to go purse shopping afterwards.

If you carry big purses, you can fit a Kel-Tec SUB-2000, which is a rifle that folds in half.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmedForBattleEph6:  Bobby,

My first thought was a purse, however, I am disabled and sometimes use a wheelchair so the less "stuff" I have with me the better. I had wondered if I could find a body shaper type belly band or under bottoms that could be adapted with a comfortable pouch for concealing. I know they make cutesy little things for thin women but for a nonbusty big girl with hips.... lol I just may have to create my own.
View Quote
Oh, hell, if you have a wheelchair, you could carry a broken down light machinegun on it.  You can sew things under the seat, on the sides of the back, as long as you can reach it in a hurry and it's out of sight.  Get you an electric scooter, put a water cooled belt-fed in the side car.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 5:11:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Devildog] [#9]
My wife is "curvy". She has tried a lot of different CCW methods. Under-bra holster, it works but not great and really depends on what kind of bra you wear. She is a 36C but generally wears non-underwire bras. These did not support the weight of her G43 very well, nor was it very comfortable. She had to,fuss with it too much. OWB does not work with her wardrobe or shape. Neither does IWB unless it is SOB. The belly band worked, but is too hot and tight for summer wear. She has settled on purse carry. Found a nice leather one that is not too fancy looking but very solid. The strap is not going to break easily if someone tries to rip it off of her. A lot of carry options for her really centered on making wardrobe style changes that she was not willing to do. Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top