[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Testing223:
View Quote
You can say that again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1/nra-lifetime-membership-415608.jpg

The NRA life memberships are on sale until March 15th at $600. This gets you a vote for your board members every year.

For those who are upset with the NRA, it is the only organization with the power to enact massive changes and protect our freedoms. The way to fix the NRA is the same way to fix this country, VOTE! The more of us with a voice, the stronger changes we can enact. This is a chance to get yourself or your spouse a membership and an extra vote. Expand our base and vote in pro-black rifle board members who will represent our interests!!!!

Head to this link to sign up!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1/nra-lifetime-membership-415608.jpg

The NRA life memberships are on sale until March 15th at $600. This gets you a vote for your board members every year.

For those who are upset with the NRA, it is the only organization with the power to enact massive changes and protect our freedoms. The way to fix the NRA is the same way to fix this country, VOTE! The more of us with a voice, the stronger changes we can enact. This is a chance to get yourself or your spouse a membership and an extra vote. Expand our base and vote in pro-black rifle board members who will represent our interests!!!!

Head to this link to sign up!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
@Testing223 Why are you posting this over and over?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok. Bought one. Do I have to wait 5 years to vote?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
Ok. Bought one. Do I have to wait 5 years to vote?
View Quote
No.

Annual memberships must be held for 5 consecutive years in order to be eligible to vote. Life members can vote as soon their life membership processes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:
I’d do it if they had the easy pay option for it.
View Quote
Same here.

@Goatboy Any chance of an easy pay with this price?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE:

If you call 1-800-672-3888 and select option 3, then tell the person about the arfcom affiliate pricing, you can get the deal on easypay.  $25 per month or $25 quarterly.

Done.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Parke1:
UPDATE:

If you call 1-800-672-3888 and select option 3, then tell the person about the arfcom affiliate pricing, you can get the deal on easypay.  $25 per month or $25 quarterly.

Done.
View Quote
If you do easypay, how long before you can vote?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

View Quote
Uh, you know? I forgot to ask that part...

I'll call in the morning and find out unless someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

That's the one--it's not an actual gun rights group.  It's just a scam to enrich Dudley Brown, similar to GOA and the Pratt family.  They blather on about how the NRA "compromises" and tout themselves as the "no compromise solution," while doing nothing.

Dudley Brown even registered here to post in the thread exposing him and called the membership here "cock breaths."  
View Quote
@thebeekeeper1

Tell us again how NRA has our backs on bumpfire stocks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll call in the morning and find out unless someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
once the membership is paid in full and they send you your packet you can vote
simply making the payments doesn't give you a vote until the membership is paid off
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kar98k:
once the membership is paid in full and they send you your packet you can vote
simply making the payments doesn't give you a vote until the membership is paid off
View Quote
Thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#19]

I'm not really happy with the NRA, but joined so I could vote.
View Quote
Same here.

I did cancel my Benefactor upgrade though after the BS they pulled in October.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Someone else has spent a great deal of time, and did it better than I can.    Hopefully it's not too long and outruns your attention span.
View Quote
You mean his troll thread?  I saw it and was unimpressed.

Gotta wonder what salary Fairfax pays to swing from Wayne's ballsack and pump out propaganda full time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:46:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#21]
Originally Posted By Ken914:

Gotta wonder what salary Fairfax pays to swing from Wayne's ballsack and pump out propaganda full time.
View All Quotes

Someone else has spent a great deal of time, and did it better than I can.    Hopefully it's not too long and outruns your attention span.

After seeing his post this morning about believing that anybody that takes any kind of psychiatric drugs (whatever the reason they are taking them) shouldn't be able to own guns I don't give a shit what he has to say about anything honestly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:11:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#22]
Originally Posted By jlficken:
After seeing his post this morning about believing that nobody that takes any kind of psychiatric drugs (whatever the reason they are taking them) shouldn't be able to own gunss I don't give a shit what he has to say about anything honestly.
View All Quotes

After seeing his post this morning about believing that nobody that takes any kind of psychiatric drugs (whatever the reason they are taking them) shouldn't be able to own gunss I don't give a shit what he has to say about anything honestly.
Wait, he said that? Link?

If that's the case then I don't care what he says to say about anything either. I know good people, including people who served this country honorably, who that would disqualify from owning guns. Not everybody on medication is a loon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

If that's the case then I don't care what he says to say about anything either. I know good people, including people who served this country honorably, who that would disqualify from owning guns. Not everybody on medication is a loon.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Question: Are there any Life Member only benefits? I know the super limited AD&D insurance doubles for Life members but that's it.

I mean anything by the way, not just benefits offered directly by the NRA, e.g. Life member only discounts/services offered by companies.

I'm swinging back and forth between throwing down for one, trying to justify blowing $600 on this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#25]
the big thing is being able to vote in the NRA elections for board of directors and bylaws changes
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By kar98k:
the big thing is being able to vote in the NRA elections for board of directors and bylaws changes
View Quote
But you can do that with an annual membership as long you hold it for 5 consecutive years.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Benefactor Member here. Nothing left to upgrade to.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I got a hat and a letter asking for more money in the mail yesterday. So I've got that going for me...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Just bought a life membership.
Thanks for heads up about this.
I missed the boat when they were $300.
I have my problems with the NRA like everyone else,
But there’s only one way change things...

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#30]
They need to offer the EASY PAY option for those life memberships that are discounted as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Nope, I didn't say that at all.  I said nothing about "any kind of drug for any reason".  jlficken took a screen shot of my statement, follows me around the site, and posts it everywhere now.  It talks about my crazy neighbor that needs to be medicated on an ongoing basis, he went off his meds, threatened others, had the cops called on him, was in a stand off with them, and it only ended we he grabbed a sword, started cutting himself, and was tasered.

That was the context for my statement, medicated schizophrenics that need to be medicated on an ongoing basis.  Which is why my statement was anyone requiring medication that alters their mind on an ongoing basis should not be allowed to own firearms.  You know the same thing that Trump is now asking for and I'm pretty sure his restrictions go even further.  Apparently we have a few people that fall into the "require medication on a daily basis to manage their mental illness" category on this site and were triggered that I don't want medicated schizophrenics to be armed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 40xb:
Isn't that the one Rand Paul was associated with that turned out didn't do anything with people's money or am I thinking about a different one?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 40xb:
Originally Posted By Ronin859:
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
I'm a buyer at $300 with easy pay. Which I'm sure we will never see again. Oh well
I wouldn't give them another dime. Time to start supporting an organization like NAGR that actually supports the second so it can eventually replace the NRA.
Isn't that the one Rand Paul was associated with that turned out didn't do anything with people's money or am I thinking about a different one?
That's the one
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

So you come to an NRA Life Member membership thread to shit on an NRA Benefactor Life Member that that is strongly defending the NRA.  Even when I explain their strategy you just throw out insults and run your mouth bashing me for supporting the NRA.  Wouldn't that make you the troll?

How much do I get paid?  ZERO.  I'm not going to apologize for believing in the NRA, even when others get triggered and can't see the political strategy behind what they are doing.  They are best pro-gun organization out there and they do fight hard to effectively use the little influence they do have.

Lots of people here, including NRA members, still believe the NRA wants to ban bump stocks.  Even though they have consistantly stated that they do not want them banned and have sent out alerts for their members to oppose the state level bans. Marion Hammer was the only person, who in her personal statement said she supported banning them.  In Florida, now that state level gun control is being pushed, we see now the official NRA statement is still against banning them and Marion is following that even though she personally disagrees.

This was on Fox News Friday. The NRA doesn't support Trump's ban on bump stocks.  I have been saying that since October 5th and received a ton of shit for it and continuing to believe in the NRA.

Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Any one knows if there are any deals for kids?  Or if theyare allowing easy pay on this $600 deal?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#36]
This is for existing members only?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
Any one knows if there are any deals for kids?  Or if theyare allowing easy pay on this $600 deal?
View Quote
Bump for an answer on minor lifers... can they vote?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I just went through the whole thing wanting to maybe do six payments through paypal. No option for it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Tango:
This is for existing members only?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
View Quote
Easy pay, yes. There is an 800 number above to call.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#41]
UPDATE:

Done.
View Quote
@Parke1

I was just about to ask how to get the easy pay option. Thanks very much!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Minor lifers can vote if paid in full
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
View Quote
Thank you for the answer!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I used to be an accountant, so I should already know this, but is membership tax deductible if you own a gun shop?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
The troll also did about 14 reports about nothing.
He's gone.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#46]
UPDATE:

Done.
View Quote
This should be stickied @Goatboy
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cornhskr:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cornhskr:
UPDATE:

Done.
I renewed my old Line of Duty to life with easy pay, then I saw this. I am on hold trying to get things to the $600 level. I wish I could donate the $1500 but I cannot. For me $600 is much easier on my budget at this time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I have my issues with them but for $600 for a lifetime membership and voting rights I am in.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
View Quote
That's interesting.  So a 2 year old can vote for the BOD? ...I wonder if they accept it in crayon with stickers for good measure?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#50]
UPDATE:

Done.
View Quote
Thanks for posting this!  I'll be honest, $50 per month (for 2 life memberships) is a little too slow to get a vote.  Not sure if you can choose the amount paid each month or not but I guess I'll see when I call up!

I did see online you get a nice looking leather coat when signing up for life membership.  That'd be a nice additional gift to tuck away for my son for when he stops growing.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top