Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

NRA Board Election (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/28/2024 5:35:25 PM EDT
Ballots have been delivered for the 2024 NRA Board of Directors Election.
I am one of four candidates for the Board that were nominated by petition of the members, not the establishment's Nominating Committee.  The four of us are committed to reforming the NRA to get it back on track, end the lies and corruption, and make the NRA strong and effective once more.
The Four for Reform are Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and me, Jeff Knox.
We're asking NRA members to mark your ballots for just the four of us and no one else, as all of the other candidates are either incumbents (who have allowed the corruption to flourish) or were selected by the establishment's Nominating Committee.
Each year the NRA sends out about 2.5 million ballots to eligible Voting Members, and each year, only about 5% to 7% are ever returned.  That means 92% to 95% of ballots go to waste and are never voted.  
That's sad, but it represents an opportunity.
If we can activate just a small percentage of those dormant ballots this year, we can win seats on the Board.

The four of us know that our influence will be limited on a Board of 76 members.  We recognize that we won't be able to turn things around by ourselves.  But if we don't get elected, or at least do well enough to catch the judge's attention, then the same people who sat by and allowed the corruption and subsequent wasteful coverup to continue, will be the only ones in a position to represent the membership going forward.

I'll do my best to monitor this post and answer questions.

Please vote for only Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Denis Fusaro, and Jeff Knox, and to vote YES on the Bylaw question.  
Please Share this information with your NRA member friends.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jeff Knox
www.FirearmsCoalition.org
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted for these four and against the amendment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like the Judge could do a lot from the bench than he could at the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't received a ballot in years.  Been a life member for 15 years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Got mine filled out, just need to get it into the mail box.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Threw ballot in the trash.

The nra is dead.

The bulk of the board and executives gave wlp a $17,000,000 golden parachute bailout.

Corruption is too deep in the nra to fix.

Send money to actual 2nd Amendment supporting organizations. The sooner the nra dies the sooner is will stop attempting to take credit for wins by other organizations.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Trying to help change things.  Voted the four recommended.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Done. I've been an NRA member for 15 years and this is the first time I've voted. (I never knew how to vote before, and I always accidentally threw away ballots because American Rifleman goes straight into the mailroom trash.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EMP:
View Quote

It’s in your March magazine.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

If you're a Life Member, the ballot package should have been in your March magazine.
I'd suggest you contact NRA and get you a ballot.  The Membership line is 877-672-2000.  The HQ number is 703-267-1000 - Ask for the Secretary's Office.
Ballots must be received by the accounting firm that counts them by April 28.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Singlestack_Wonder:
Threw ballot in the trash.
The nra is dead.
The bulk of the board and executives gave wlp a $17,000,000 golden parachute bailout.
Corruption is too deep in the nra to fix.
Send money to actual 2nd Amendment supporting organizations. The sooner the nra dies the sooner is will stop attempting to take credit for wins by other organizations.
View Quote

Wayne did not receive a $17 million parachute.  He received no severance.  Lots of people have been reporting this and it's not accurate.
Corruption is definitely very deep, but we have a one-time window to make corrections.
The judge will decide how far the housecleaning needs to go, but we'll need solid, resolute people on the Board to help make sure that what needs to be done, gets done.
You don't throw away your only aircraft carrier because of an incompetent crew.  PT boats can do a lot, but better to have the aircraft carrier.
I haven't sent a dime to NRA in decades, nor have I suggested that anyone else do so.  That will only change if we get a better crew driving the ship.
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#11]
wlp did receive a post-employment contract for over $17,000,000 that was approved by the majority of the corrupt board.

Here's an excerpt from an article about the corruption trial:

"But the jury did not find him liable for breaking laws against self-dealing when he secured a post-employment contract with the NRA in a package the New York Attorney General's Office valued at over $17 million, finding it was properly approved in advance by the NRA board."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-found-liable-in-corruption-case-as-jury-says-longtime-leader-wayne-lapierre-should-repay-43-million/ar-BB1iN6Je

Facts matter and stating that wlp never got a payout for leaving makes one curious as to why someone would still be protecting the corrupt nra board while attempting to promote candidates.

It would also be interesting for the board to explain to nra members as to what services they are paying $17 million to wlp to provide?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StromBusa] [#12]
"Wayne did not receive a $17 million parachute.  He received no severance."

"he secured a post-employment contract with the NRA in a package the New York Attorney General's Office valued at over $17 million"

one of these things is not like the other.....?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By StromBusa:
"Wayne did not receive a $17 million parachute.  He received no severance."

"he secured a post-employment contract with the NRA in a package the New York Attorney General's Office valued at over $17 million"

one of these things is not like the other.....?
View Quote
One is a matter of public court record. The other is a gambit to make folks believe the nra is still relevant.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
No. Your misunderstanding your facts.

The post employment contract deal discussed in the report is referring to a previous contract that was nullified in 2022.

When LaPierre left NRA for "health reasons" last month, he left with no parachute.  No post employment deal.

Guys, I have been playing watchdog and reporting on the NRA for over 20 years, and was closely involved for 20 years before that.

I have been extremely critical of the NRA and its "leaders," and I have no reason to lie or mislead anyone.

Yes, I firmly believe the NRA is "still relevant."  It's the largest gun-related group in the world.  No other group even comes close to the NRA's power and influence.

Yes, the NRA and NRA leaders have screwed the pooch 11 ways to Sunday over the years.  They've testified in favor of bad bills and supported bad politicians.  All of the other national groups that have been around for more than a few years have also stepped on their cranks at times.  No one's perfect.

The NRA's been the main bulwark protecting your rights for over 150 years, doing lots of good in between the occasionally really bad.  Without the NRA and concerned NRA members, your gun rights would not exist today.

You're welcome to believe that the NRA has always been playing for the other side, and you're welcome to choose not to support it and cheer its demise.  I think you're wrong and short-sighted, but you believe what you want to believe, and support whatever groups you think are doing the best work.

I choose to support the NRA and work for its reformation under better leadership, to try to move the NRA back to effectively protecting our rights and expanding our culture.  I think it would be idiotic to throw away the oldest and strongest weapon we have right when we need it the most.

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#15]
Jeff:

The public record shows wlp received a $17,000,000 post-employment agreement with the nra.

Please provide the nra members documents showing the original post-employment agreement as well as documents showing the cancelation of the agreement.

The cancellation is not shown in public records.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Jeff:

The public record shows wlp received a $17,000,000 post-employment agreement with the nra.

Please provide the nra members documents showing the original post-employment agreement as well as documents showing the cancelation of the agreement.

The cancellation is not shown in public records.
View Quote

Bump, Patriot life member looking for solid advice on vote.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Here are copies of LaPierre's 2018 contract -- the one the jury ruled was not a "related party transaction" -- which guaranteed LaPierre over $7 million in the 5 years after his departure from the NRA.

http://firearmscoalition.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/WLP-2018-Contract.pdf

and the 2021 contract that superseded the 2018 contract.

http://firearmscoalition.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/WLP-2018-Contract.pdf

The 2021 contract does include a "post-employment option" that the NRA could technically exercise if they chose to, which would pay LaPierre up to $500k per year for two years after his departure from NRA, and additional payments for personal appearances, but that option hasn't been exercised, and they basically promised the judge -- who will oversee the reorganization of the NRA -- that neither those options nor any other payments would be made to LaPierre.  I haven't been able to find the court transcript where that was stated -- whole lot of paper to wade through -- but I'll post it when/if I find it.

Meanwhile, anyone looking for additional information not associated with me might want to check out the blog https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/.  I have no idea who publishes this blog, but they have been following the NRA drama for several years and covered the trial pretty thoroughly.

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:57:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#19]
Based on evidence presented in court, there was a $17,000,000 post employment contract.

I doubt the corrupt board member and executives will release a copy of that.

To be honest, there is nothing to save at the nra except income streams for executives and bod members.

Other organizations have far surpassed the nra in defending 2nd Amendment Rights.

Some will waste their time an efforts supporting the corrupt ponzi scheme the nra has become.

Others have moved on to support actual gun rights organizations.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:23:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#20]
At the end of the day, whether the old contracts shown or the actual court records shown, why did the corrupt bod and executives give wlp a contract that would pay him after he left?

wlp lived a lavish lifestyle on nra member dues, did absolutely nothing for gun rights, and laughed at the membership.

Why would the nra wish to continue paying him?

Therein lies the problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Singlestack_Wonder:  Based on evidence presented in court, there was a $17,000,000 post employment contract.

I doubt the corrupt board member and executives will release a copy of that.

To be honest, there is nothing to save at the nra except income streams for executives and bod members.

Other organizations have far surpassed the nra in defending 2nd Amendment Rights.

Some will waste their time an efforts supporting the corrupt ponzi scheme the nra has become.

Others have moved on to support actual gun rights organizations.
View Quote

The NRA also does a tremendous amount of training, maintains several firearms museums, and once was the premier gun rights organization that the leftists were scared of.  It's a ship worth righting if possible.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#22]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

The NRA also does a tremendous amount of training, maintains several firearms museums, and once was the premier gun rights organization that the leftists were scared of.  It's a ship worth righting if possible.
View Quote
Years ago I would agree. I myself was an nra trainer, safety officer, etc.

The nra is too far gone to save.

The bod and executives flooding wlp with money and themselves while services to the nra firearms museum and others were drastically cut to accommodate the out of control spending, was clue.

4 new bod members will have ZERO effect on the direction of the organization. New "Kings" will be crowned and nothing will change.

As Bones said to Captain Kirk, "He's dead Jim".

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#23]

The bod and executives flooding wlp with money and themselves while services to the nra firearms museum and others were drastically cut to accommodate the out of control spending, was clue.

4 new bod members will have ZERO effect on the direction of the organization. New "Kings" will be crowned and nothing will change.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  The NRA also does a tremendous amount of training, maintains several firearms museums, and once was the premier gun rights organization that the leftists were scared of.  It's a ship worth righting if possible.

Given it costs but a stamp for life members to vote, I wonder at your defeatism.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Given it costs but a stamp for life members to vote, I wonder at your defeatism.
View Quote

The time to mark the ballot and mail it in is only a waste of one's time.

The bulk of the corrupt bod and executive members are still in charge regardless of not if 4 new members get elected (and I mean if).

The nra ship has sunk due to corruption, he ponzi scheme to enrich executives and bod members, as well as continuing to pay wlp.

Send money to GOA, SAF, and state organizations.

Any money sent to the nra goes in someone's pockets,

I'll waste no more time here.

if folks cannot recognize what he nra has become and continue to blindly bow to its leadership, it's no different than the Democratic Party followers.

Nuff said,
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Waiting on my March issue. Should I have received it by now?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#26]

The bulk of the corrupt bod and executive members are still in charge regardless of not if 4 new members get elected (and I mean if).

The nra ship has sunk due to corruption, he ponzi scheme to enrich executives and bod members, as well as continuing to pay wlp.

if folks cannot recognize what he nra has become and continue to blindly bow to its leadership, it's no different than the Democratic Party followers.

Nuff said,
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Given it costs but a stamp for life members to vote, I wonder at your defeatism.

Nuff said,

We're attempting to elect 4 reformers and you accuse us of continuing to blindly bow to its leadership - don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:11:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#27]
The bod and executives of the nra laughed at the members while spending their dues.

nra corruption runs deep.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#28]

We're attempting to elect 4 reformers and you accuse us of continuing to blindly bow to its leadership - don't let the door hit you on the way out.
View Quote
I threw my nra life membership card in the trash after I joined real gun rights supporting organizations.

You can keep sending the nra all the money you wish.

Perhaps it will end up funding Caribbean vacations for the executive's girl friends?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I threw my nra life membership card in the trash after I joined real gun rights supporting organizations.

Perhaps it will end up funding Caribbean vacations for the executive's girl friends?  
View All Quotes

No one said anything about sending money,- just a ballot.  Less effort than you have put into these last few posts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Lets see, put my time and effort into attempting to restore a formerly fine institution to its former glory or stake my bet on some unknown guy who seems bent on destroying it and may have an ulterior leftist motive.   Hmmm, I'll take my chances on Jeff Knox & co.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Unfortunately, this is the first time this thread has popped up on my feed, but I did see a thread or two about "The Four", so those are the ONLY ones I voted for.   Jeff, like your father, I hope you and the other 3 get elected and can do something to shake up the NRA and drain the swamp that it has become.    I'm a lifelong Endowment +++ member, but like most every other NRA member here and on other forums, for many years I have refused to give one penny until LaPierre and his supporters are gone.    Thanks to LaPierre and pals, gun owners hate the NRA more than liberals do.   I hope it isn't too late to change that.

Thanks for your efforts, and I hope you are successful.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#32]

Originally Posted By fourstar:
Lets see, put my time and effort into attempting to restore a formerly fine institution to its former glory or stake my bet on some unknown guy who seems bent on destroying it and may have an ulterior leftist motive.   Hmmm, I'll take my chances on Jeff Knox & co.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

No one said anything about sending money,- just a ballot.  Less effort than you have put into these last few posts.
View Quote
You are correct. The nra is dead as a gun rights organization and has proven to be a Ponzi scheme to enrich its officers.

100% of my effort is supporting actual 2nd Amendment organizations.

Even if the 4 posted here are elected, it will make zero difference as it would take expodentially more to be elected. These 4 will make ZERO difference in policy or corruption.

nra has been irrelevant for many years and I'll not back down from making folks aware of the corruption as well as veiled schemes to to set up others on the money train.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Done. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:14:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I've mentioned before that the only reason I maintain NRA affiliation is because they are the most universally recognized credentialing organization for instructors in the country. If someone else were as widely recognized I might have stopped renewing long ago.

That said, I would like to see the NRA come back to a place of good moral standing. I'm not holding my breath but I'm also not reading its epitaph. It's essentially a boat with a giant hole in it. I'm certainly rooting for those holding the bailing buckets but I'm not climbing on board to drown if it goes down. In the eyes of many of us, the damage to the organization's reputation and the breach of trust is nearly insurmountable.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#36]
The nra is dead as a gun rights organization and has proven to be a Ponzi scheme to enrich its officers.
Even if the 4 posted here are elected, it will make zero difference as it would take expodentially more to be elected. These 4 will make ZERO difference in policy or corruption.
nra has been irrelevant for many years and I'll not back down from making folks aware of the corruption as well as veiled schemes to to set up others on the money train.
View Quote

The New York AG has inadvertently created an opportunity to hit the Reset Button on the NRA, with her politically-motivated attacks.
The first phase of the New York trial exposed the corruption, called out the perpetrators, and directed some restitution.  The second phase of the trial will commence in mid-July to determine why the procedures and policies that were in place failed to catch and block the corruption, and what remedies need to be applied to fix the problems on behalf of the 3.5 to 4.5 million NRA members.

You're right, 4 votes on a board of 76 are not likely to have a significant impact, but the judge can change everything.

Without the opportunity opened up by the judge in this situation, I would probably agree that there's no hope of salvaging the NRA.  But we do have this one opportunity to fix it, and I will do everything I can to take advantage of this opportunity to put the NRA back into the hands of its members, and back into the business of promoting responsible gun ownership and protection of Second Amendment rights.  

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I haven't cared about the NRA for a very long time.  I tried contacting both the state and national NRA organizations by snail mail and electronic mail about items that concerned me.  I didn't get a response of any kind from either organization...not even a response that said something like "thank you for writing, but.."  

I can be ignored plenty of places for free, but I'll be darned if I will pay to be part of an organization that ignores me.  So, that ended my very long membership with the NRA.  

I just don't care what happens with or to the NRA.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#38]
Originally Posted By Genin:
I haven't cared about the NRA for a very long time.  I tried contacting both the state and national NRA organizations by snail mail and electronic mail about items that concerned me.  I didn't get a response of any kind from either organization...not even a response that said something like "thank you for writing, but.."  

I can be ignored plenty of places for free, but I'll be darned if I will pay to be part of an organization that ignores me.  So, that ended my very long membership with the NRA.  

I just don't care what happens with or to the NRA.
View Quote
This +1000

That's what most members have experienced for a long time.

The nra is about fund raising to pay their executives and directors.

It stopped being a 2nd Amendment supporting organization long ago once the carpet baggers took over.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Funny story that should the attitude of the NRA in a nutshell.

Local gun store posts about gun groups. I reply and this Charlie beers replies to my post. I'll attach the conversation that ensues.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:20:45 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Same. Lifetime Endowment member since 2013. I have not received a ballot the last three years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Devilfox:

Same. Lifetime Endowment member since 2013. I have not received a ballot the last three years.
View Quote

You can contact the Secretary's office to find out what's going on.

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JeffKnox:

Jeff
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Devilfox:

Jeff
Yet more indications of the nra's disfunction.

Life and Life Endowment members having to ask for ballots.

nra must be too busy writing checks to executives and bod members.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Devilfox:  Same. Lifetime Endowment member since 2013. I have not received a ballot the last three years.

Jeff

You're so full of venom you can't even spell.  This is not your thread.  Why don't you gracefully bow out & find something else to do as you promised us several posts back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:56:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#44]

You're so full of venom you can't even spell.  This is not your thread.  Why don't you gracefully bow out & find something else to do as you promised us several posts back.
View Quote
Nope. After the nra ripped members off for many years with the ponzi scheme that poured member's money into wlp's, executive's, and bod pockets, I'll continue to make sure folks keep informed of the nra's corruption so that others are not fooled into believing the nra is a firearms rights organization.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#45]
For some reason, I haven't received a ballot since I sent one back with a dickbutt drawn on it a couple of years ago.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#46]
This thread just popped up in my feed - glad I found it as you can only fight from the inside - Ballot completed.

Also, we need Joe back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Nope. After the nra ripped members off for many years with the ponzi scheme that poured member's money into wlp's, executive's, and bod pockets, I'll continue to make sure folks keep informed of the nra's corruption so that others are not fooled into believing the nra is a firearms rights organization.
View Quote

Thereby giving the Left what they want.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Ballot sent in for the four.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I used to beleive he socialist liberal democrat party was the most corrupt organization on earth .then the nra moved to the top of the list.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I used to beleive he socialist liberal democrat party was the most corrupt organization on earth .then the nra moved to the top of the list.
View Quote

And giving up.  You really, really believe in giving up.  Got it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
NRA Board Election (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top