Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2023 8:49:05 AM EDT
I really don't know how we have come to this when I was in the army we were all young and we were all supporters of the Second Amendment.

I just got off the phone and my son told me what happens on his ship.

I felt bad and also I felt bitterness. What have we done?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#1]
Well I mean where are his compadres from?

You're kinda of reading a little too much into it IMO.

I had dudes from all over the country and their political views and upbringing tend to change with all that you know.  Most of my Troop was hunter/outdoorsy types but I had a few guys from urban areas that just didn't get it. In the Navy I imagine the ratios of type of recruit are a lot different then a combat arms Army platoon. Also just youngens too
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Four years in The Suck and I don’t remember having a single political discussion ever.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
There are many many pro 2A sailors. There are many many lib sailors. You do understand its basically a microcosm of the US, right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
A generation + of young minds conditioned to the idea they don’t need to protect themselves because Government has your security covered.
A generation + conditioned that the objects that exist in society representing miss deeds are the problem. Not the humans in control of them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Well,,,,,, Sailors....
What do you expect?
1000 men go out, 500 couples come back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Navy

/thread
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I served with fellow Marines who supported Clinton...

So yeah... this is nothing new.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
"If you don't like guns, why the fuck are you in the military?  That's like working at Dunkin' Donuts' and hating pasteries.  You need a psychiatrist."

What he should be saying to them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Boisestatefan:
Well,,,,,, Sailors....
What do you expect?
1000 men go out, 500 couples come back.
View Quote
something like this
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The military has been working very hard to weed out troublesome recruits like your son.

He might want to pretend to be a hard core commie if he wants to get promoted by his tranny superiors.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
"If you don't like guns, why the fuck are you in the military?  That's like working at Dunkin' Donuts' and hating pasteries.  You need a psychiatrist."

View Quote

Bet they're just a bunch of fucksticks there for the bennies.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Attacked? He should fight back.

Are they armed or is he outnumbered? Lethal force may be prudent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]
If you believe he said the same thing to me!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#16]
The Navy is the far left of the military.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:00:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#17]
The military doesn't believe in the 2A.

Anyone who has looked at the restrictions for bringing guns onto most installations, or the rules they try to impose on many military members, knows what I'm talking about.

Even overseas, they treat most of them like children and can have some very stupid rules.

It's ironic that a lot of people join the military to protect the freedoms and rights of Americans, yet the institution they join, tramples those rights more often and successfully than just about any other segment I can thing of. See also military covid vaccine policy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Safe to assume that said ship is a carrier?

If hes getting in disagreements, its likely just within his division. Not outside of his division. Unfortunate roll of the dice. Probably works in supply with a bunch of liberals. Or in engineering with inherently less smart people.

On my ship, everyone here is highly conservative and mostly all loves guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Most of the Navy vets I worked with were gay Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

They are in the navy… it’s not really the military.  It’s kind of like a slightly more restrictive carnival cruise
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Anyone who has looked at the restrictions for bringing guns onto most installations, or the rules they try to impose on many military members, knows what I'm talking about.

Even overseas, they treat most of them like children and can have some very stupid rules.

It's ironic that a lot of people join the military to protect the freedoms and rights of Americans, yet the institution they join, tramples those rights more often and successfully than just about any other segment I can thing of. See also military covid vaccine policy.
View Quote

Aint that the damn truth.  In Germany, I had to get the CO to sign off on every firearm purchase.  Like asking "Dad".  And I had to keep them in the arms room.  And could never get the Armorer to open the room on Saturday morning when I wanted to go shoot.   Ended up keeping them at my buddies place off post.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
yep, any .gov does NOT like us having guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:24:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#23]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
Four years in The Suck and I don't remember having a single political discussion ever.

View Quote
same
Although today everything is FAR more politicized than even 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Overseas in the Navy required a PQS book that wasn't easy to get..

See pic.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#27]
The military doesn't believe in the 2A constitution.

View Quote

FIFY.

Sure, there's an oath. But name a single constitutional right out of the first 10 that any member of the active duty military gets to fully enjoy. It should be no surprise that enlisted men and women living under those conditions don't necessarily feel like the civilian peasants beneath them deserve MORE rights than they have.

Luckily some still do. But they're being purged.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#30]
In reality, how many urban kids are raised around a gun culture?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top