Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/13/2021 9:32:30 PM EDT
Just finished watching The Conjuring because it's almost Halloween and that's what one does. Head into the bathroom to draw my shower. All of the sudden I hear a loud video being played. Figured it was my wife on her phone, but it's odd for her to be playing a video that loud as our sons asleep across the hall. Wait a minute and the loud video doesn't stop playing. I venture out into the hallway and the children's video is coming from the office. It's my son's tablet that just randomly began playing on the highest volume. Out of the blue. Coincidental?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken, you've posted a couple of these in the recent past.

Is a fixation with the occult becoming a more prominent theme in your consciousness?

ETA:  Is it something that you are eager to expereince--and if so, why?  

What are you looking for, exactly?  Proof of something larger than the what you routinely encounter in your personal day-to-day existence?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Dibs on guns, ammo, optics and accessories.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
How old is your house?  If it's older, maybe someone passed away there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
No, when you do experience one, you'll know.

And it WON'T be that bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is a fixation with the occult becoming a more prominent theme in your consciousness?

What are you looking for, exactly?  Proof of something larger than the what you routinely encounter in your personal day-to-day existence?
View Quote

Damn you got a better memory than I do. You're right I think I posted one a few years back. This was super weird. We've had that tablet since the beginning of the year and it's never just started a video by itself on the highest volume. And certainly not after watching a movie about paranormal activity. I think I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Smash the tablet and burn it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

WRONG!

The indicated procedure is to whip it out and start fapping, to drive the ghost away.

Bro, do you even GD?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The rats you think you have in the attic? They're not rats.

JK, but don't mess around with the occult (Ouija boards, tarot cards, etc.). It opens up doors that you can't close...and that you don't want open.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Damn you got a better memory than I do. You're right I think I posted one a few years back. This was super weird. We've had that tablet since the beginning of the year and it's never just started a video by itself on the highest volume. And certainly not after watching a movie about paranormal activity. I think I'm screwed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me put my biases out front.  I am an wildly imperfect but practicing Christian.  I personally see it as a spiritual warning flag when someone begins noticing patterns of occult activity in their lives--especially if they are curious and want to pursue them.  Basically (assuming the phenomena are genuine) I see a spiritual trap being baited.  When you mentioned it previously I noted that you did so in close proximity to mentioning the birth of your child.  Those two pieces of information became co-joined in my perception.

Do you have anyone in your family tree who practiced the occult?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#13]
No such thing as ghosts. Only demons.

If ghosts were real, hospitals would literally be night of living dead.  But they aren't. I had to live in one for 2 months.

But demons?  That stuff is real. And if you are seeing them, your soul is in danger. They haunt the weak.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#14]
My 'smart' Vizio TV turns itself on randomly from time to time.

I don't think its anything paranormal though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#15]
probably the FBI AI designd to turn on the mike thought it would be funny to turn on the video instead.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much this right here.  There is no mistaking REAL paranormal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#17]
All this stuff was decided on a tree in the Middle East a long time ago. If there is something there you called it or you are FOS.
Don’t beckon stuff you don’t understand, or FFS something you saw in a movie.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just finished watching The Conjuring because it's almost Halloween and that's what one does. Head into the bathroom to draw my shower. All of the sudden I hear a loud video being played. Figured it was my wife on her phone, but it's odd for her to be playing a video that loud as our sons asleep across the hall. Wait a minute and the loud video doesn't stop playing. I venture out into the hallway and the children's video is coming from the office. It's my son's tablet that just randomly began playing on the highest volume. Out of the blue. Coincidental?
View Quote

Coincidental? Yes because there is no paranormal . You watched a ghost flick, you have ghosts on the brain
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Let me put my biases out front.  I am an wildly imperfect but practicing Christian.  I personally see it as a spiritual warning flag when someone begins noticing patterns of occult activity in their lives--especially if they are curious and want to pursue them.  Basically (assuming the phenomena are genuine) I see a spiritual trap being baited.  When you mentioned it previously I noted that you did so in close proximity to mentioning the birth of your child.  Those two pieces of information became co-joined in my perception.

View Quote

I am also a wildly imperfect but not practicing Christian. Even though I do believe in God.

I am not curious and don't want to pursue them, whatever they are. You know what's freaky? This is also close in proximity to the birth of our next child. I think you're onto something here. And I'm freaked the fuck out. There is no one in my family in the occult. In fact they probably don't even know what that it is.

Ever since the event a few mins ago now I am hearing bangs and thumps ive never heard before. These are purposeful ones and not just pipes banging around. Odd.

Going to hop in the shower. Hopefully I make it out alive.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
It's spider webs
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]
What brand of tablet is it?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Why would you draw a shower? I've never seen that. Bob Ross YouTube video?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What brand of tablet is it?
View Quote

One of those blue kids tablets. Maybe a Amazon Fire? It's m never done this type of behavior before or just turning on full blast by itself. And definitely not 15 minutes after watching a movie about paranormal activity.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WRONG!

The indicated procedure is to whip it out and start fapping, to drive the ghost away.

Bro, do you even GD?
View Quote

Both of them have been here long enough to have known that as well. Inexcusable!
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup

Our first house, still on the property, is haunted as fuck. Nothing bad though, but shit was a daily occurrence.
View Quote

I remember your thread some time ago on your house. Absolutely intense!
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't believe in any of this bullshit but I would wager if it were you would be more correct. Why would a ghost do something as stupid as turn on a tablet lol. If it were real I would have to guess it would be way more then that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#29]
The only ghost I believe in is the holy ghost.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If ghosts were real, hospitals would literally be night of living dead.  But they aren't. I had to live in one for 2 months.

But demons?  That stuff is real. And if you are seeing them, your soul is in danger. They haunt the weak.
View Quote

Maybe spend more time in hospitals. Or the morgue.

Not all ghosts are demons.

There is good and bad energy.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

This right here, for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

One of those blue kids tablets. Maybe a Amazon Fire? It's m never done this type of behavior before or just turning on full blast by itself. And definitely not 15 minutes after watching a movie about paranormal activity.
View Quote

We have a fire tablet for our kids for long trips and such. We started powering it down completely when not in use because the damn thing randomly turns on constantly. Just the nature of cheap Chinese junk electronics, I think.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong.  Wrong, Wrong. Wrong.

Ghosts are resonant sounds or images impressed upon a particular section of space time by causation unknown.  That causation will NEVER be understood in our lifetime.  Ghosts are nothing to fear.

Spirits are a different matter.  Unlike what Christians would like you to believe, there seems to be various kinds of spirits; some of which are, without ANY doubt, malevolent and dangerous as all get out.

Others seem to just be ambivalent with unknown motivations.

Some seem to be good but aren't very easy to understand as to their motivations, either.

The best advice I can give someone concerning spiritual creatures of any kind is this:  "FOOLS SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH THINGS THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!"

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's wild.

Luckily our new house, which is about 40' from the old house, is fine.

It is harvest season though, which means active paranormal season. The property usually has some interesting things happening this time of year.
View Quote

That’s wild that it didn’t follow to your new house. I would think your entire piece of land has some weird voodoo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Unlike what Christians would like you to believe, there seems to be various kinds of spirits; some of which are, without ANY doubt, malevolent and dangerous as all get out.
View Quote
How many people do they kill each year?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quit opening yourself up to them. That is how they gain a foothold into our world and make your life hell.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quit opening yourself up to them. That is how they gain a foothold into our world and make your life hell.
View Quote
"Bro just don't get haunted!"

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Still alive. Shower was uneventful. Still hearing bangs and thumps that are unprecedented. There is sometbing eerie going on here tonight. Or it's all in my imagination.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Holy spit fellas. Creaks and thuds in the floor in an area I'm not even in. This has never happened.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#45]
OP tonight
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am also a wildly imperfect but not practicing Christian. Even though I do believe in God.

I am not curious and don't want to pursue them, whatever they are. You know what's freaky? This is also close in proximity to the birth of our next child. I think you're onto something here. And I'm freaked the fuck out. There is no one in my family in the occult. In fact they probably don't even know what that it is.

Ever since the event a few mins ago now I am hearing bangs and thumps ive never heard before. These are purposeful ones and not just pipes banging around. Odd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.  It's hard to parse what is tongue and cheek humor and what is actual in your post.

If your imagination is getting excited by the blank, awful mystery of the unknown, that is generally unhelpful.

You say that you believe in God--so if things get sinister and strange, call on Him for help.

I myself came to understand the meaning of calling on God as a Rock, a Shield, and a Fortress.  He is all of those things.

But more than that--the creatures of hell are real, and yes, they prowl earth seeking the destruction of souls, they are mostly kept at bay from everyday folk by God's grace, but sometimes the door is opened for them, even unwittingly--but Jesus Christ, by His death and resurrection, has destroyed the power of hell--all you have to do is accept His Mercy and His forgiveness.

An Exorcist I once assisted recommends this simple prayer for the spiritually oppressed:

Most Precious Blood

of Jesus Christ

Save Us and The Whole World.

Be Blessed.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was going to post the same thing. Lol!
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Holy spit fellas. Creaks and thuds in the floor in an area I'm not even in. This has never happened.
View Quote

It couldn't be you plumbing now could it?  Temperature change time of the year also.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It couldn't be you plumbing now could it?  Temperature change time of the year also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We live in a very small house for the past five years. I know this house like the back of my hand. Every inch. I've never heard this many noises before at night.

I'm bed now. We sleep with a table fan running and I usually have headphones in listening to a podcast or learning something. I'll see how the rest of the night goes.

Quoted:

Ok.  It's hard to parse what is tongue and cheek humor and what is actual in your post.

If your imagination is getting excited by the blank, awful mystery of the unknown, that is generally unhelpful.

You say that you believe in God--so if things get sinister and strange, call on Him for help.

I myself came to understand the meaning of calling on God as a Rock, a Shield, and a Fortress.  He is all of those things.

But more than that--the creatures of hell are real, and yes, they prowl earth seeking the destruction of souls, they are mostly kept at bay from everyday folk by God's grace, but sometimes the door is opened for them, even unwittingly--but Jesus Christ, by His death and resurrection, has destroyed the power of hell--all you have to do is accept His Mercy and his forgiveness.

An Exorcist I once assisted recommends this simple prayer for the spiritually oppressed:

Most Precious Blood

of Jesus Christ

Save Us and The Whole World.

Be Blessed.

Nothing I posted is humor. I don't think I need to start praying, yet. There is nothing sinister going on as far as I can tell. We are not threatened or in danger. There is just some spooky stuff going on, that is likely coincidental, or not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top