Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2023 10:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't often venture into this forum, despite having the flare, because I am a resigned Freemason. But being a Freemason was one of the best times of my life. However, I'm an atheist (I wasn't at the time of my raising) and I believed the honorable thing to do was resign. My point is, 21st century Freemasonry might consider opening up to non "supreme being" believers that are otherwise good and upstanding men to be members. I would give anything to be in the Lodge again, but I cannot lie to them or myself. I also understand that a core and founding tenet is the belief in a higher power, but in spite of my atheism, I still learn and take a lot of meaning from the degrees and such. Ultimately, I don't believe, based on my own experience, that belief in a supreme being is necessary based on everything I've learned (through Scottish Rite 32).

Just some thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Hang around after the meeting with a cooler of beer and a few decks of cards.  It will turn your lackluster old man "supper club" into a brotherhood of close friends.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
As a Past Master (2015) of my Masonic Lodge, I have seen all sorts of things within my own Lodge.  Even though I am almost 62 years old, a gray haired grandpa, etc... I am still a loud, boisterous rock 'n roller at heart!  Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc...

I remember last summer we held an outdoor BBQ, social gathering, well before the Stated Communication.  I was asked to provide "musical entertainment" since all the Brothers know I am a multi-instrumentalist and play a little of everything.  Well, I was also asked by a younger Mason who recently joined about him also playing electric guitar.  The two of us got together, and we jammed.

Let's just say that we decided to "surprise" all the guests in the outdoor pavilion with 50watt & 100watt guitar amps, PA systems, drum machine, etc... and honest, on my mother's soul... we cranked it up and we rocked the "F" out!!

Gimme Three Steps -- Lynyrd Skynyrd
War Pigs -- Black Sabbath
...and then the, um, uh, "crusty old timers" shut us down.

To all my Masonic Brothers out there... Please let me say this:  If Freemasonry is to survive, it has to stop being such an "old pasty white man's dinner club" and loosen up a little!  Take a look at Mick Jagger & Keith Richards... Paul McCartney...  Those guys are darn near 80 and still out there rocking out!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 57plymouth:
Hang around after the meeting with a cooler of beer and a few decks of cards.
View Quote

Not here, All lodge properties here in TX are Dry...
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ButchA61] [#6]
Originally Posted By Backnblack:

View Quote

ALL Masonic Lodges are "dry".  But then, if you take a look an affiliated Shriners Temple nearby, you will get your mind blown.  The old "Nobles of the Mystic Shrine" can party.. And you know what I mean... P--A--R--T--Y.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Backnblack:

View Quote

They are in SC as well.  Castle Greyskull is killing the Lodges and I literally do not give one itty bitty F@#$ about anything they say any longer.  

My Lodge is awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top